Celtics hotel open in 9 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Or so it was meant to .. :)
The money is probably now being used to fund lawyer fees
reDcEss.jpg

Whatever happened to this mystery hotel ?

It was a pipe dream, the land they wanted to build on was an old Mine, a Geologist Report said it was dangerous because of illegal mining taking place in the past after the pit was official closed, it would require tons of Cement to make it safe. Lawwell turned to the GCC for help to fund it but with their prior dirty deals under a microscope they knocked him back.. this led him to go to the papers expressing his disgust at the Council failing to encourage regeneration of the area and job creation.

On a visit to Glasgow with my then 6 year old, we drove past their shithole and pointed their dump out to them

He laughed and said the front looks like a travel lodge.

So maybe they have a hotel already.

I cant help thinking Trivadvisor will have very negative reviews (He He)

Also a lot of bookings made and cancelled at the last minute

It’s opening soon and will be hosting the premier party of the Daniel Day Lewis movie about Brother Walfrid that the Evening Times reported a few years back. It’ll also be showing Celtic playing an SPL game live from New York, also reported in the Evening Times a few years back.
It will be well used by the Japanese friends they made on the famous tour.

I know for a fact they need at least two more Champions League progressions to afford it. In light of reason likely legal action, that puts it back even further.

I know for a fact they need at least two more Champions League progressions to afford it. In light of reason likely legal action, that puts it back even further.
They may need 2 more to get that, however the impact of not getting it one year also comes at a price. Last year they sold dembele. Whilst they can fall back on player sales, they lose the spine of their team.

They may need 2 more to get that, however the impact of not getting it one year also comes at a price. Last year they sold dembele. Whilst they can fall back on player sales, they lose the spine of their team.
Forrester and McGregor will be away I reckon, after that Teirney is really their only sellable asset

This cost was being siphoned annually in order to build a fund for it to progress. Celtic have had their peak, they are in total decline and bar some mental investment, will be surpassed.

This cost was being siphoned annually in order to build a fund for it to progress. Celtic have had their peak, they are in total decline and bar some mental investment, will be surpassed.
Fair enough. If they dont make CL then they will have to offload important members (McGregor probably), given their track record of recruitment I struggle to see them replace well enough.

Welcome to the Hotel Cambuslangia.

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

It was a pipe dream, the land they wanted to build on was an old Mine, a Geologist Report said it was dangerous because of illegal mining taking place in the past after the pit was official closed, it would require tons of Cement to make it safe. Lawwell turned to the GCC for help to fund it but with their prior dirty deals under a microscope they knocked him back.. this led him to go to the papers expressing his disgust at the Council failing to encourage regeneration of the area and job creation.
So they were involved in the illegal mining trade back in the day also?

How many visitors to Glasgow want to pitch up in a hotel in parkhead anyway, or govan for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back