Celtic's Kristoffer Ajer rebuffs his manager's claims over confidence issue among squad

Grigo Yossarian

I see where your coming from, you and the guy you replied to. He's quite quick and can play out from the back but he has the heart of a mouse, can't mark at set pieces, loses his man tries to claim offside and gets caught out of position. Tbf I only ever see him against us

This is where I am too Gordy.

Good points but definitively weak points too.

gordy73

This is where I am too Gordy.

Good points but definitively weak points too.
Yeah, he played a good through ball to, Thumb and made a good last ditch tackle on Kent (he was quick in recovering) but apart from that he done nothing that I can remember, maybe the block on Kents volley from Barisic's ball. He gave away the free kick that our 1st goal came from after Kent done him and then just stood in the box claiming for offside as Goldson Scored

Grigo Yossarian

Yeah, he played a good through ball to, Thumb and made a good last ditch tackle on Kent (he was quick in recovering) but apart from that he done nothing that I can remember, maybe the block on Kents volley from Barisic's ball. He gave away the free kick that our 1st goal came from after Kent done him and then just stood in the box claiming for offside as Goldson Scored

Yes mate.

When Copenhagen knocked them out too, I caught the later part of the game on telly & his tackles were so weak. Copenhagen walked right through him.

Grigo Yossarian

He was poor against the sheep yesterday. It was almost like he wanted Cosgrove to score.

Great point, another example of just not being a good defender.

Our Big Fil is a total out & out defender, and you can see the similarities with Carlos Cuellar in that respect in my opinion.

jweebear

Ooft a player going on record against Lennon's assesment, this has miles from other players becoming emboldened, watch your back Lemon

fmp

Great point, another example of just not being a good defender.

Our Big Fil is a total out & out defender, and you can see the similarities with Carlos Cuellar in that respect in my opinion.
To be honest I think Ajer is one whose toys are out the pram.

Last edited:

Grigo Yossarian

To be honest I think Ajer is one who's toys are out the pram.

Yes, him, Edouard & Ntcham will possibly be the ones they try to push out in January.

Im just not sure they’ll get what they want, especially as they didn’t publicise one bid in the last window.

Normally their media friends support them getting it out that they have received big bids.

fmp

Yes, him, Edouard & Ntcham will possibly be the ones they try to push out in January.

Im just not sure they’ll get what they want, especially as they didn’t publicise one bid in the last window.

Normally their media friends support them getting it out that they have received big bids.
Edouard they will get a packet for. The others, they will make a profit but not as much as they think - agreed on that.

Atheist Bear

I remember reading about Gough talking about the unimaginable pressure they were under when going for 9/10. I’ve been hoping we would put celtic under that same pressure this season and not just hand them the league on the plate again. I’ve been waiting a long time to see how they’d react to such immense pressure and predictably they aren’t handling it well.

temperance

Tin hat on, but I’ve thought since his early days that Ajer looks not a bad player. He’ll make them some money. But it sounds like he knows that and I suspect this is him starting to work his ticket.

The lack of togetherness from the scum is glorious. :))
I’ve always thought he was distinctly average, and only Lawwells puppets have inflated his price.

david1982

Ajer won't be giving a shite he is one of the ones wanting out of the San Giro anyway.

The jakeballs 80s management is now being rumbled by his own players.

change consent