Celtic's Kristoffer Ajer rebuffs his manager's claims over confidence issue among squad

This is the worry mate, that they bin him before their next league game, hopefully he survives long enough to drop more points although I cannot see a scenario where they drop more and don’t pump him.
They're pïsh, but on paper Liewell could look at a defeat against us (always a possibility), defeat to AC Milan (decent side!) and a draw away to the sheep and say there's nothing that requires a knee-jerk reaction and he stays in a job.......... hope so as he's lost the dressing room and i will drop more points in the next few weeks.

got injured and asked to play on and then done himself no favour.

A young lad that tried to play on yet was hounded by lennon in the dressing room.

Team mates were not impressed. A true story.

Neil Lennon is from the neil warnock style of management, its had its day. Even then dont think he could have went that low.
Thanks for that

Quite a track record of bullying with this cretin.

Yet, the media would have is belief he is a cracking guy and just misunderstood.

Kristoffer Ajer has rejected claims from his manager Neil Lennon that a “confidence” issue is affecting some of the Celtic squad.

Lennon made the assertion following the 3-3 draw at Aberdeen that leaves the Scottish champions winless in three games - and smarting over the concession of eight goals in that sequence, following the 2-0 defeat by Rangers and 3-1 loss to Milan inside eight days.

“I don’t feel that,” he said when told of Lennon’s assessment. “I feel really confident. This is a squad full of winners who are not happy when we don’t get three points. Obviously we want to get back to winning games and hope we can do that soon.”
Celtic: Get the latest team news, match previews and reports

Ajer’s defensive partner Shane Duffy appears one of those toiling. He was badly at fault for the goal that allowed Aberdeen to take a 2-1 lead, before Celtic netted twice inside two minutes only to be pegged back in the final seconds courtesy of Lewis Ferguson’s second spot-kick conversion. However, the Norwegian called for responsibility to be shared equally among those in the club’s colours.

“We attack as a team and we defend as a team. It’s easy for people to single out players but this is a team and it works both ways. We scored three goals collectively and we also conceded three at the other end, including two penalties. It’s all a collective.”

Communication has been cited as a problem, but Ajer dismissed that too. “We communicate great with each other,” he said. “We all know our jobs and where to be on the pitch so we don’t always have to talk to each other.”
If anything, this big twat probably suffers from over confidence after being heralded as the next Baresi.

he’s now getting found out like lots of his over hyped team mates.

• Haha
Reactions: fmp
Lennon won’t like that

he won’t like commons comments

he barked at Nicholas he will bark back at these two clowns

Lennon is done he will be sacked within a week I think
That's my worry.

With senior players refusing to play and rumblings like this from Ajer we arent far away.
I want Treacle Teeth gone as soon as possible. Any new manager they get in is likely to need time to adjust and will have thoughts on bringing in his own players who he can trust.
It can also split the fan base, as there are many within the mentally challenged support who idolise Lennon for his Irish Catholic background more than for his football knowledge and managerial prowess. Those who can see past that will see a manager who is taking their club backwards and, with the other things going on in the background re CFC/CBC, realise the club could be potentially staring into the abyss sooner rather than later (I rather like that scenario).
Change of management can bring instability to the club and insecurity to the players.
All of that turmoil and unrest is likely to be to our advantage.
Having said all that, I don’t think they’re far enough behind us in the league for their board to consider getting rid of the wee tramp. Unless he has a mental breakdown or other health issues, or has a massive bust up with the board, then I don’t think he’s getting replaced imminently.

Last edited:
They've shipped 6 goals in a week. No matter the opposition, that already terrible defence of theirs is more than vulnerable to any team that puts pressure upon it. Duffy is a Godsend for us, and Lennon won't drop him, which makes for interesting times ahead.

While true it would make more sense if there wasn’t 40 minutes left to play. No way does the Rodgers team not have big characters getting right in mcgregors face and saying well done etc - knowing they are going to go on and win.

It really might be they are just devoid of confidence but it looked like they no longer have that core group of strong characters and have an excess of guys on the fringes hoping to be dragged to success rather than earning it.
The problem they have is brown seems to be the cheerleader that fires them up, but he cannot fire them up because he is spent after 45 mins. They lack leadership. When they went 1-0 down the camera pans to Lennon and none of his team run to him to see how they can change it. You look at Gerrard and his team are by his side, in his ear sharing opinions.

Lemon had a similar downward spiral at Hibs, and had seemingly lost the dressing room there. Rumours of bullying and problems staying sober.

There was the big fall-out with Dempster over alleged misogynistic remarks right before his departure. All appeared to be covered up by mutually beneficial non-disclosure agreements, and Lennon out, but no compo. All very tight-lipped and suspicious.

Lemon seems to be on the verge of another tenure-ending bust up with the Filth.

Ajer is another one that was lording it up and trying to act the hard man previously. Lovely to see his team struggling and even have to answer these questions.

Ajer is another of their players who's had what ability they had coached out of them.

Interesting comments though. There's clearly trouble behind the scenes there.

Reactions: fmp
Good to hear Ajer disagreeing with Lennon

Clearly players not accepting the lack of confidence being a factor

Bet they are thinking the lack of decent and tactics and coaching is the reason for the poor displays

Let’s face it the mentally challengeds were lucky not to drop more points against St Johnstone. Dun Utd. St Mirren and Livi and the late wins has been papering over the cracks

When you read between the lines with the responses to questions such as these in the media, that's as good as open revolt.

Let's recap.... TLB has:

Abused Mickey Johnston
Shown blatant double standards with Bolingoli (see: the thumb) and lost the French Contingent
Had his Captain publicly disagree with him
Thrown his players under the bus
Three seconds later came out and praised all the players
Had Ajer publicly disagree with him

Did I miss anything? (anything recent?:D)

What I liked about them on sunday was that when Mcgregor scores to make it 1-1 he literally runs back celebrating with only the merest of well dones from team mates. Elyanousi or Ajeti gives him wee pat and that’s it.

No way them of old isn’t Griffiths, Forrest, Brown, Lustig etc all lording it up. They look like a team of individuals now and Brendan’s team is as good as broken up now.
I thought the same, whereas we all join in the celebration. I just feel we have the much better team spirit

Let's recap.... TLB has:

Abused Mickey Johnston
Shown blatant double standards with Bolingoli (see: the thumb) and lost the French Contingent

Blamed the referee. only yesterday.
Sulking in the dugout.

Lennon won’t like that

he won’t like commons comments

he barked at Nicholas he will bark back at these two clowns

Lennon is done he will be sacked within a week I think

He won’t be sacked. They’ve lost to two good teams and drawn at Pittodrie.

Good to see such an open display of dissent, clearly all is not well between the manager and dressing room.

Let's recap.... TLB has:

Abused Mickey Johnston

Pumped out the champions league with mental tactics

Communication has been cited as a problem, but Ajer dismissed that too. “We communicate great with each other,” he said

"I told him to give Barkas a kick in the baws"

Lennon in an attempt to take the spotlight off himself using the old lack of confidence excuse, putting the onus on his players. What does he expect Ajer to fucking say ?

I agree but it’s crazy to Think that a team that have ‘won’ what they have and have dropped points in two games are imploding
They've been playing poorly and riding their luck the whole season. They may only have dropped points in three games but they have only played well for two half games out of eleven.

I see where your coming from, you and the guy you replied to. He's quite quick and can play out from the back but he has the heart of a mouse, can't mark at set pieces, loses his man tries to claim offside and gets caught out of position. Tbf I only ever see him against us

This is where I am too Gordy.

Good points but definitively weak points too.

This is where I am too Gordy.

Good points but definitively weak points too.
Yeah, he played a good through ball to, Thumb and made a good last ditch tackle on Kent (he was quick in recovering) but apart from that he done nothing that I can remember, maybe the block on Kents volley from Barisic's ball. He gave away the free kick that our 1st goal came from after Kent done him and then just stood in the box claiming for offside as Goldson Scored

Yeah, he played a good through ball to, Thumb and made a good last ditch tackle on Kent (he was quick in recovering) but apart from that he done nothing that I can remember, maybe the block on Kents volley from Barisic's ball. He gave away the free kick that our 1st goal came from after Kent done him and then just stood in the box claiming for offside as Goldson Scored

Yes mate.

When Copenhagen knocked them out too, I caught the later part of the game on telly & his tackles were so weak. Copenhagen walked right through him.

He was poor against the sheep yesterday. It was almost like he wanted Cosgrove to score.

Great point, another example of just not being a good defender.

Our Big Fil is a total out & out defender, and you can see the similarities with Carlos Cuellar in that respect in my opinion.

Ooft a player going on record against Lennon's assesment, this has miles from other players becoming emboldened, watch your back Lemon

Great point, another example of just not being a good defender.

Our Big Fil is a total out & out defender, and you can see the similarities with Carlos Cuellar in that respect in my opinion.
To be honest I think Ajer is one whose toys are out the pram.

Last edited:
To be honest I think Ajer is one who's toys are out the pram.

Yes, him, Edouard & Ntcham will possibly be the ones they try to push out in January.

Im just not sure they’ll get what they want, especially as they didn’t publicise one bid in the last window.

Normally their media friends support them getting it out that they have received big bids.

Yes, him, Edouard & Ntcham will possibly be the ones they try to push out in January.

Im just not sure they’ll get what they want, especially as they didn’t publicise one bid in the last window.

Normally their media friends support them getting it out that they have received big bids.
Edouard they will get a packet for. The others, they will make a profit but not as much as they think - agreed on that.

I remember reading about Gough talking about the unimaginable pressure they were under when going for 9/10. I’ve been hoping we would put celtic under that same pressure this season and not just hand them the league on the plate again. I’ve been waiting a long time to see how they’d react to such immense pressure and predictably they aren’t handling it well.

Tin hat on, but I’ve thought since his early days that Ajer looks not a bad player. He’ll make them some money. But it sounds like he knows that and I suspect this is him starting to work his ticket.

The lack of togetherness from the scum is glorious. :))
I’ve always thought he was distinctly average, and only Lawwells puppets have inflated his price.

Ajer won't be giving a shite he is one of the ones wanting out of the San Giro anyway.

The jakeballs 80s management is now being rumbled by his own players.

Back