Celtics punishment for Dubai?

It really shouldn't be that difficult.

Examine what the players did when they were out there. Assess whether or not they were covid protocol breaches (they were)

If they were, players suspended according to previous precedent set (7 games, I think, is the standard for each player)

Last edited:
Their suspended fine will kick in that they got with Bolingoli and that will be it. Players that were found to breach rules should all be banned but suspect they will either get away with it or like the Aberdeen players get a suspended punishment to a certain date.

Celtic will get a never do it again and the new compliance officer will offer bans to Julien, Bain and Bolingoli

It really shouldn't be difficult.

Examuine what the players did when they were out there. Assess whether or not they we covid protocal breaches (they were)

If they were, players suspended according to previous precedent set (7 games I think is the standard for each player)
At least. Punishments have increased with each breach.

£100K fine per person who broke protocol x 49
£1M fine for disrepute

it seems on the low side considering the damage caused and everyone everywhere has heard about it.

The way Scottish football is run the whole team will be offered a shot at Liz Hurley and they'll say it was punishment because they'd rather it was Michelle McManus

If they say anything, it will be that the evidence is inconclusive and a stern warning for future behaviour shall suffice.

The SFA/SPFL are nothing more than a subcontractor for Celtic ensuring they continue to get “favours”. The old saying of “don’t bite the hand that feeds you” is very suitable for them.

+21 points
and Rangers stripped of titles

at most a warning not to be naughty again.

in an ideal world, a fine of about £400,000, players involved banned from at least 5 games, and wins awarded to all teams due to play them from their return for 3 games.

Fhat Clerr will do nothing against Beast FC

Any player pictured breaking social distance rules in the Sports Bar and sun loungers should get the 7 game ban they issued to Jones and Edmundson

When they get away with breaking the SFA Covid elite bubble rules maybe the other clubs who voted against reform might wake up and start to see what a mess our football is in

The realization by other clubs on how much they are screwed over by Celtic's control over Scottish football and said clubs finding the testicular fortitude to do something about it, would be the worst punishment they could experience.

Well, that and having to play Duffy.

Seriously they should be heavily fined.
You can’t punish players individually as they were under the noses of their own chiefs.
£1m fine for being a danger to society and 3 points deducted on the footballing side.

1) Scum FC lawyers will be all over this.
2) SPFL / SFA will sh!t in their pants and do nothing as they gave permission and are therefore guilty by association.
3) Liewell is the SPFL boss and will not allow any financial penalty
4) Julien may be suspended for 6 weeks effective from Jan 4
5) There will be lots of tut tuts and hurrumphs in the Scottish Parliament - nothing will be done
6) They will not trace the big boy that did it 'n ran away

Last edited:
It will be a fine. They are too scared to take any other action.

I’m surprised they haven’t had more positive tests as they retest ahead of the weekend.
I doubt theyll test any of the 16 isolating though, i suspect there may be a few more positives when they come out of isolation

Honestly I don’t care much .

I care that we get three points in the next game , the next game after that , and so on until our name is on the trophy and history is made .

After that my dream scenario would be we say “ Fck this “ and leave the cesspit of Scottish football and head down south but I know that will remain a dream for a while yet .

Fhat Clerr will do nothing against Beast FC

Any player pictured breaking social distance rules in the Sports Bar and sun loungers should get the 7 game ban they issued to Jones and Edmundson

When they get away with breaking the SFA Covid elite bubble rules maybe the other clubs who voted against reform might wake up and start to see what a mess our football is in

agree there should be a punishment but the sticking point here is the players will say they were given permission to go to the bar. I mean the manager was enjoying a pint by the pool with the captain ffs. Can they punish the players for something the manager has told them they can do? Whereas Edmundson and Jones went to the party without permission, knowing it could potentially blow up in their faces.

there is a chance the authorities could say well if there are any games you cant fulfill due to Covid they will not be rearranged and the opposing team will be awarded a 3-0 win. Other than that a fine of some sort.

Only other option I can think of is a points deduction for giving the players permission to break protocol

Latest posts

Back