Celtics punishment for Dubai?

Nothing if I'm honest.

Edit: They should try to award loses to them but I just can't see it. I think it's more like the SPFL bury their heads in the sand and try to see it out than anything actually happening.
I an struggling to see what games would they be allocated losses for?
If they can provide the minimum squad numbers there is no need not to play a fixture!

According to the SFA rules hotels should be utilised for essential use only, how can Celtic argue that going to Dubai for training during a pandemic is essential?

Even though they were at a hotel for other reasons they are on camera breaking the following hotel protocols:

Private hotel areas without other guests (hallways, dining rooms, meeting rooms) • Private lift/elevator. (Limiting number in lift to one at one time)

Ban on access for players and staff to the Wellness areas, gym and other common areas such as the bar, lounges or lobby. Alternatively, if hotel is exclusive to team, these areas should be closed

Face masks for players and staff to be used during the
stay, outside their own room, the dining room and the
team bus"

1) Scum FC lawyers will be all over this.
2) SPFL / SFA will sh!t in their pants and do nothing as they gave permission and are therefore guilty by association.
3) Liewell is the SPFL boss and will not allow any financial penalty
4) Julien may be suspended for 6 weeks effective from Jan 4
5) There will be lots of tut tuts and hurrumphs in the Scottish Parliament - nothing will be done
6) They will not trace the big boy that did it 'n ran away
Number 3 here is my issue, that c@nt should have no say in this whatsoever unfortunately his tentacles and placemen are everywhere so the punishment if any will ne minimal.

Honestly I don’t care much .

I care that we get three points in the next game , the next game after that , and so on until our name is on the trophy and history is made .

After that my dream scenario would be we say “ Fck this “ and leave the cesspit of Scottish football and head down south but I know that will remain a dream for a while yet .
You do know we would have to give 2 years notice to quit SPFL.

1) Scum FC lawyers will be all over this.
2) SPFL / SFA will sh!t in their pants and do nothing as they gave permission and are therefore guilty by association.
3) Liewell is the SPFL boss and will not allow any financial penalty
4) Julien may be suspended for 6 weeks effective from Jan 4
5) There will be lots of tut tuts and hurrumphs in the Scottish Parliament - nothing will be done
6) They will not trace the big boy that did it 'n ran away
Point 2,
Id have serious doubts that the SPFL/SFA sanctioned lounging in communal areas.
The trip is absolutely fine, their conduct whilst on the trip was not.

0, Zero, nothing, bugger all, f.uck all. They are victims of circumstance yet again and the SFA/ SPFL mentally challenged placemen do not have the balls to punish them. CFC are the masters at doing the crime and not doing the time. :mad:

Nothing if I'm honest.

Edit: They should try to award loses to them but I just can't see it. I think it's more like the SPFL bury their heads in the sand and try to see it out than anything actually happening.
Yep, they should be absolutely hammered but they won’t be. Hell will freeze over before they they are made to forfeit games.

I think something is coming, I have no proof for this not even a What's App message but I just have a feeling.

SFA/SPFL: Celtic, you should be ashamed of yourselves
Celtic: We’re so, so sorry
SFA/SPFL: Good, so you should, don’t ever do that again. Now run along.

Then the matter is buried

Is there actually an investigation into their conduct while they were in Dubai? I know it was mentioned but I don't know if it's happening?

If there is, they should receive similar punishments to Jones and Edmundson, otherwise you could say our players have been unfairly punished.

It really shouldn't be that difficult.

Examine what the players did when they were out there. Assess whether or not they were covid protocol breaches (they were)

If they were, players suspended according to previous precedent set (7 games, I think, is the standard for each player)
Couldn't agree more, been saying it on repeat since last week , their players broke covid rules, 7 game ban same as Jones and edmundson. Precedent already been set anything else is un fair

Nothing. Neil Doncaster and his SPFL Board work for Celtic FC and Peter Lawwell.

We all know that nothing will happen. They will lie low until the press criticism dies off and then reappear as if nothing has happened. The pathetic statement and half apology from liewell is about as far as they will go. SFA and SPFL will turn and twist all roads to avoid putting any sanctions on them.

agree there should be a punishment but the sticking point here is the players will say they were given permission to go to the bar. I mean the manager was enjoying a pint by the pool with the captain ffs. Can they punish the players for something the manager has told them they can do? Whereas Edmundson and Jones went to the party without permission, knowing it could potentially blow up in their faces.

there is a chance the authorities could say well if there are any games you cant fulfill due to Covid they will not be rearranged and the opposing team will be awarded a 3-0 win. Other than that a fine of some sort.

Only other option I can think of is a points deduction for giving the players permission to break protocol
7 games ban for all involved including lennon, if my superior said to me at lunch time let's get wasted and I did the bosses above him would fire us both. I could say no then take it above him , that's how my company structure is. Septic is a corporate company so i would say yes they can punish the players for doing something the manager was doing, if they thought it was wrong they could have said no and went to who ever is in charge of lennon.

Dont think they will get punished, edouard still hasnt been done for his tackle before old firm game. Duffy also leaving bubble and coming straight bavk in doesnt make sense

They wont get punished that's the worst of it. It's annoying me how ever one seems to have forgotten we had 2 players banned for 7 games for breaking covid rules. Their players have broken covid rules so it should be the same punishment.

Our club should be asking they question. why did we have 2 players banned for 7 games when they broke the rules. Yes their gaffer was there so 7 game ban to that lady's front bottom as well. I'm in a shitty mood tonight and this is pissing me off.

I don't think they will or should be punished for going to Dubai.

Yes, it was stupid and yes, the SPFL/SFA bent over backwards to allow them to go, but I can't see any rules that they broke, simply by travelling.

However, what they did in Dubai is another matter altogether. They broke numerous SFA/SPFL Covid Rules whilst over there and that is what we should be concentrating on.

Edmundson & Jones both got 7 game bans, after self-isolating, for breaking social distancing rules.

There is clear photographic evidence that half their team did likewise and they should be punished accordingly.

It is clearly evident that Celtc, the SFA, the SPFL and the mhedia are all concentrating on 'permission to travel', as they know that it's essentially a moral issue and no rules have been broken, so there will be no punishment.

However, we must keep up the pressure and ensure that they deal with with the main issue, which is the players sitting around bars and swimming pools, without wearing masks or maintaining social distancing gaps and a clear breach of the Rules.

That is the real problem and the one that must be dealt with.

It should be match suspension for all players but it will be a fine and a slap on wrists and a warning that next club will be hammered.
They will then pray it is us.

Back