Centre forwards outwith the big four in England that are better than our Alfie?

WinkieWATP

Point me in the direction of them?

There was plenty fans who would have bit your hand off for £10m in the summer. Watch the supposed best league in the world with the supposed best players as a consequence and show me anyone that does all the things the wee fella does.

He really is one of the most exciting young prospects in European football and when the time comes for him to leave we really need to make sure we get the absolute maximum for him.

Some of the garbage in the epl couldn’t lace Alfie’s boots. I watched a bit of the game tonight, he’s better than Adams, ings and solanke and all of them have moved for silly money. Wilson is a good forward but our man isn’t a million miles behind him either. If he keeps his discipline this year and scores the amount of goals he should in the league and Europe whilst ragdolling defenders I think we could be looking at a Scottish record transfer fee. Some teams could have missed a bargain for what they could have picked him up for this summer if they had taken a punt. I hope he stays forever but a massive bag of cash will need to suffice.

Buff is destined to be a world beater. In terms of better forwards outside top four in England then maybe Aubameyang, Lacazette, Jiminez, Callum Wilson? Not many and out of those four I'd say only Aubameyang is noticeably better. You always wonder if you're looking at it with the old blue tinted specs on though.

Assuming your big 4 was last seasons top 4 then, Arsenal have Aubamayang and Lacazette, Man U have Rashford and Martial, West Ham's new signing Haller looks a good player, Pukki's on some run just now.

There's plenty of good strikers in the EPL but Alfie wouldn't look out of place in a good number of the squads.

Seen all of Wolves qualifiers at Molineux;and they love Raul Jimenez down there.
We could argue all night that Alfie/Jimenez would do better in Scotland/England;and that either player would flourish or flounder according to opinion.
The bottom line is that would Alfie go to Wolverhampton;their fans would be doing cartwheels.

I follow Spurs as well as being a Rangers supporter first and foremost and I’d be fucking delighted if Spurs spent 25/30m on him as a back up/support striker to Kane. I say this as someone who wonders how to buy someone to support Kane as he’s that good he’ll almost always play when fit. It speaks volumes for how much I rate Alfredo that I’d be happy if he was said support.

There are very few imo.

It still surprises me greatly that not one EPL club attempted to get him in the summer. 10 - 15 mil would likely have seen us do business.and not one of their vast legion of scouts and analysts etc thought fit to recommend him? As op pointed out, both Ings and Solanke went for more than that and the phrase "bang average" springs to mind for those pair. I just dont get it but it's to our gain that they continue to overlook him.

I have a mate who supports St Mirren saying he is championship level (England
There are very few imo.

It still surprises me greatly that not one EPL club attempted to get him in the summer. 10 - 15 mil would likely have seen us do business.and not one of their vast legion of scouts and analysts etc thought fit to recommend him? As op pointed out, both Ings and Solanke went for more than that and the phrase "bang average" springs to mind for those pair. I just dont get it but it's to our gain that they continue to overlook him.

For the £40m shelled out on Ings and Solanke how many goals will Bouremouth and Southampton get in return? 10 between the two?

Said in the summer that the likes of Everton and West Ham should have been going for him.west ham got Haller who looks really good. But Everton paid quite big money on Moise Kean but he cant get in the team. Think Morelos would've been perfect for them. But glad hes still here, once he scores the goals to get us to the knockout stages of the Europa he'll be worth £25-30mill

Said in the summer that the likes of Everton and West Ham should have been going for him.west ham got Haller who looks really good. But Everton paid quite big money on Moise Kean but he cant get in the team. Think Morelos would've been perfect for them. But glad hes still here, once he scores the goals to get us to the knockout stages of the Europa he'll be worth £25-30mill

If Everton were to sell Calvet Lewin I think they'd want far in excess of £30m.

Personaly don't think he is even half the player Morelos is.

There are very few imo.

Much as I love wee Alfie I think it is hard to believe that every team/scout/manager in Europe gets it wrong, under rates Alfie and wee unbiased Bears call it correctly.

His decision making is still poor and his finishing erratic, in fact at times wild. He terrorised, absolutely terrorised, their defence last night but there were some poor moments and wild shots.

BUT I love him.

If Everton were to sell Calvet Lewin I think they'd want far in excess of £30m.

Personaly don't think he is even half the player Morelos is.
Exactly. Calvert Lewin scores about 5 a season. And doesnt offer anywhere near as much as Morelos is his general play

Much as I love wee Alfie I think it is hard to believe that every team/scout/manager in Europe gets it wrong, under rates Alfie and wee unbiased Bears call it correctly.

His decision making is still poor and his finishing erratic, in fact at times wild. He terrorised, absolutely terrorised, their defence last night but there were some poor moments and wild shots.

BUT I love him.
As much as money gets flung about, down in England especially. They wont spend 20mill plus unless they are sure about a player. So a player from the spl would have to be special for them to pay that. So maybe his discipline or not playing in really big european or international games goes against him.and the scouts wont have seen as much of him as we have,so dont appreciate him as much as we do

BUT I love him.

I do get that mate and of course he's not without his flaws. In particular, he is prone to the odd wild swipe at the ball that can look pretty bad when they fly into row z.

But theres so much more to his game than just the finishing and I love that he's always involved in the game from first minute to last. The 4 or 5 times he turned his man last night using his body or the delightful ball he rolled across goal that unfortunately had no takers - things like that are why his overall game is so crucial to us.

I suppose from a scouting perspective, it might come down to what you're looking for in your striker. There are undoubtedly better and more polished finishers for that kind of money but if you're looking for a dynamic, tireless pest of a player who has potential to really kick on to an elite level, then he's your man.

He's a tremendous all round striker, with pace and power who quite simply bullies defenders and so happens to score regularly.

The world's his oyster in footballing terms and he can only get better and better.
A truly tremendous young player who in any other country would be praised to the heavens, unlike this wee Rangers hating shitehole.

Morelos would do a very good job for every club outside the top 6 in England (right now) This is how id compare him to non top 6 EPL strikers;

Sheffield Utd - McBurnie = Morelos is better

Norwich - Pukki = Pukki better atm I guess in terms of finishing

Aston Villa - Wesley = Morelos is better

Burnley - Barnes = Morelos in my opinion

Brighton - Maupay = Morelos in my opinion

Watford - Gray = Hmm maybe Gray at the moment

C Palace - Benteke = Morelos in my opinion

Southampton - Ings/Adams = Morelos in my opinion

Newcastle - Joelinton = Joelinton maybe

Wolves - Jimenez = Jimenez

Bournemouth - Wilson = Probably Wilson just now

West Ham - Haller = Probably Haller at the moment

Leicester - Vardy = Vardy maybe at the moment but Morelos will be better in a couple years

Everton - Kean/Calvert Lewin = Id honestly have Morelos

Morelos is better than Wilson at Bournemouth. They value him at £50m and pay him £100k a week.

Only just turned 23 years old. If he keeps putting in performances like that against sides like that then a few teams who didn’t pull the trigger this summer may end up feeling like they’ve pissed away the chance for a real bargain, because the longer he plays like that and on that stage the more his stock rises.

As someone else said, he is so much more than goals. He’s creative, he’s the perfect lone striker, he’s strong, he’s skilful and he can occupy and unsettle a backline all on his own, and he’s ours.

If he keeps the head down and keeps scoring and not getting sent off he could be in the EPL next season.

Tbf, he’s already had two less red cards than this time last season

Ollie McBurnie moved for 20m
If anyone would take him in a straight swap deal they need their head looked at
It takes about 2 minutes of watching them to see the gulf in class
Morelos is an EPL standard striker - no question
In 2/3 years I think he will be top CL / EPL level
Easily worth 30m+ today

If he was better than every striker in England out with the top 4/6 then why didn’t any of them try and sign him?

He would’ve been available for around £17/20million in the summer which is pocket change to EPL teams.

The Feyenoord game summed up the best and worst of Morelos for me. He bullied their centre halves all night but he walks away (again) without a goal. The top top strikers play well and score goals in the “big” games.

If he was better than every striker in England out with the top 4/6 then why didn’t any of them try and sign him?

He would’ve been available for around £17/20million in the summer which is pocket change to EPL teams.

The Feyenoord game summed up the best and worst of Morelos for me. He bullied their centre halves all night but he walks away (again) without a goal. The top top strikers play well and score goals in the “big” games.

Again? He put us into the group stage with the only goal of the tie a mere 3 weeks ago. He scored in our Europa games last year, and he only had a couple of half chances which he fashioned for himself.

You really don’t like him to do you.

BUT I love him.

True , if he can add the little extra ounce of composure in these areas and game awareness ie team mates in better positions etc then easily could be a top striker in the EPL

BUT I love him.

I agree with this. His greatest strength is pulling the defenders around and absolutely doing them as soon as they make the mistake of getting too tight outside the box. However, he rarely finds a team mate once he’s clear.

He wouldn’t look out of place in an EPL squad but he wouldn’t be displacing the main striker any time soon at the top clubs.

I live down here and when I mention Alfie the comments from decent football fans is ALWAYS around his discipline.

Not that we should or would do business with them but Newcastle are happy to spunk money on Andy Carroll. Did West Ham not give him two contracts?

I am stunned that no mid level EPL team took a gamble on him in the summer when his stock was relatively low. At £20m, that is not a huge amount of money down there anymore (McBurnie went for £15m) and when they come knocking in Jan or summer, I hope our price is now closer to £30m.

Made this comment a few times, but when watching the game on Dutch TV the other night, their studio panel was Van Basten, and Ronald De Boer and both couldn't shut up about how good a player he was. Touch, vision, strength, pace over 10 yds - Van Basten even questioned why he was still playing in Scotland.

These guys could see it, and I am sure as long as he cuts out the silly cards, we are going to see big offers soon.

the longer he is at Ibrox,and doing what he does so well im convinced he will continue to develop and knock some of the rough edges from his game,its all money in the bank for us anyway ,and as things stand his value is going the one way,so when he does go,we should in all honestly, be very well compensated

Can only assume we did not receive the huge bids because of his disciplinary record last year, the penny seems to have dropped for him now.

Honesty think we have one of the best all round strikers in Europe on our hands and the best we’ve had since a pre injured Mols

BUT I love him.
Exactly. He gets all the praise for the strong side of his game, expertly turning his man repeatedly. But some people don’t seem to see that what happens next is still mixed at the moment which is what we saw against Feyenoord. Some slack passing, poor decisions and wild shots. Domestically he’s been a very good goal scorer but his record against the top teams isn’t great. In 13 games against Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs last season he only scored in 2. It’s very unpopular not to overrate our own players on FF but I don’t see any need to, he is a top player for us but I’m not surprised nobody shelled out £20m for him.

Again? He put us into the group stage with the only goal of the tie a mere 3 weeks ago. He scored in our Europa games last year, and he only had a couple of half chances which he fashioned for himself.

You really don’t like him to do you.

I do like him, a lot actually. Obviously not as much as you do but it’s clear that you won’t hear a bad word said about him. That’s fair enough but at least realise there are people out there who have a different opinion.

Morelos did score the goal to get us through but he also missed two sitters which could have killed the tie a lot earlier than it was. The 1v1 away in Poland and the back post header in the return leg. IMO if he was as good as people say he is, he’d have buried both of them.

He’s scored 2 (both in the same game) in 6 Europa League games. Again, that a particularly outstanding record for someone who people are saying is better than every striker that plays for 16 of the top 20 clubs in England. I’ll avoid bringing his old firm record up again too as that’s another red rag to a bull with you.

Just answer me one simple question. If Morelos was as good as people make out, why didn’t anyone come and buy him in the summer when he was readily available for £17/20million? And remember, you can’t use the disciplinary stuff either as you’ve argued with me in the past that he doesn’t have disciplinary issues (this season his discipline has been impeccable too btw).

His one flaw is his finishing. At EPL level, you need to be deadly as you cannot afford to miss too many chances. As such, I think this would restrict him to a team at the lower half of the epl table at the moment.

He would absolutely rip up the championship though.

He is still to learn that little bit of composure in front of goal & also not let prior misses in a game affect him.

I say all this as a massive fan of Morelos & have considered him our best player (even when he had a poor spell in his 1st season & others were on his back). Just being realistic

Morelos would do a very good job for every club outside the top 6 in England (right now) This is how id compare him to non top 6 EPL strikers;

Sheffield Utd - McBurnie = Morelos is better

Norwich - Pukki = Pukki better atm I guess in terms of finishing

Aston Villa - Wesley = Morelos is better

Burnley - Barnes = Morelos in my opinion

Brighton - Maupay = Morelos in my opinion

Watford - Gray = Hmm maybe Gray at the moment

C Palace - Benteke = Morelos in my opinion

Southampton - Ings/Adams = Morelos in my opinion

Newcastle - Joelinton = Joelinton maybe

Wolves - Jimenez = Jimenez

Bournemouth - Wilson = Probably Wilson just now

West Ham - Haller = Probably Haller at the moment

Leicester - Vardy = Vardy maybe at the moment but Morelos will be better in a couple years

Everton - Kean/Calvert Lewin = Id honestly have Morelos

That looks like a pretty fair assessment to me.

Point me in the direction of them?

There was plenty fans who would have bit your hand off for £10m in the summer. Watch the supposed best league in the world with the supposed best players as a consequence and show me anyone that does all the things the wee fella does.

He really is one of the most exciting young prospects in European football and when the time comes for him to leave we really need to make sure we get the absolute maximum for him.
I would be disappointed if we got anything less than £20m for him

His one flaw is his finishing. At EPL level, you need to be deadly as you cannot afford to miss too many chances. As such, I think this would restrict him to a team at the lower half of the epl table at the moment.

He would absolutely rip up the championship though.

He is still to learn that little bit of composure in front of goal & also not let prior misses in a game affect him.

I say all this as a massive fan of Morelos & have considered him our best player (even when he had a poor spell in his 1st season & others were on his back). Just being realistic

It’s natural for supporters to be gaga when it comes to their best player, and he is our best player, but many simply refuse to see Morelos’s weak points and a lack of composure in front of goal is foremost among them.

I genuinely think it’s this more than his indiscipline that saw EPL clubs shy away from making a concrete bid in the summer.

If he can improve on that this season I think he’ll finally get the big money move he craves.

Ollie McBurnie moved for 20m
If anyone would take him in a straight swap deal they need their head looked at
It takes about 2 minutes of watching them to see the gulf in class
Morelos is an EPL standard striker - no question
In 2/3 years I think he will be top CL / EPL level
Easily worth 30m+ today
That's a great comparison would anybody on here be happy say next summer they do a straight swap deal I know I wouldn't

Vardy, Wilson and Jiminez are top players.
I also like how Deeney leads Watford, there are plenty of exceptional forwards in the EPL but Alfredo absolutely holds parallel with them

Latest posts

Back