Centre forwards outwith the big four in England that are better than our Alfie?

If we're being honest, his decision making at vital moments needs to get better.

Celtic game - Just came on, absolutely torched two of their defenders and bombed past them(brilliantly IMO) heading towards the box...and fired a wild shot miles past the post

Feyenoord game - Make no mistake, in terms of centre forward play at this level it was the best I've saw from a Rangers player since Prso battered Porto in 2005. Morelos terrorised their back four. He dominated them but....his finishing was (one shot aside) was poor by his standards. He was lapsing into his bad old ways where one miss led to him making bad decisions and snatching at chances instead of keeping his composure.

Point me in the direction of them?

There was plenty fans who would have bit your hand off for £10m in the summer. Watch the supposed best league in the world with the supposed best players as a consequence and show me anyone that does all the things the wee fella does.

He really is one of the most exciting young prospects in European football and when the time comes for him to leave we really need to make sure we get the absolute maximum for him.

I think Gerrard spotted this right from the outset and is why even in the midst of all the red card controversy and discipline problems he always publicly backed him literally saying ‘We love Alfredo’

His attitude in every way this season has beeen superb. Controlling his temper, giving 100%, getting important goals, embracing the fans.

As someone who would have happily sold him over the summer I’d now hate to see him leave.

If he was better than every striker in England out with the top 4/6 then why didn’t any of them try and sign him?

He would’ve been available for around £17/20million in the summer which is pocket change to EPL teams.

The Feyenoord game summed up the best and worst of Morelos for me. He bullied their centre halves all night but he walks away (again) without a goal. The top top strikers play well and score goals in the “big” games.

He's scored 'big' goals all season.

Argue he could yet play for one of the top teams.

Poch would like him. I think he could do a job at Liverpool.

He’ll have to go to the EPL and light it up for a top 6-10 side, then get his move.

A Leicester/Everton wouldn’t be a bad move.

Also think La Liga wouldn’t be the worse thing for him. Villarreal, then onto an Atletico type.

I think Gerrard spotted this right from the outset and is why even in the midst of all the red card controversy and discipline problems he always publicly backed him literally saying ‘We love Alfredo’

His attitude in every way this season has beeen superb. Controlling his temper, giving 100%, getting important goals, embracing the fans.

As someone who would have happily sold him over the summer I’d now hate to see him leave.

As regrettable as it was, it might just be that the red card at Parkhead was the wake up call Morelos needed because even Gerrard (who had went to bat for him on the 4 previous sending offs) refused to defend him in the aftermath. It also essentially cost him his place at the Copa America

Being honest, I was done with Morelos at that point and was more than happy to take the money and run if offers came in. There was simply no point in hanging onto a player, as talented as he is, when you couldn't trust him not to self destruct.

However, one miserly bid from West Brom apart, no one came calling which must've been a pretty humbling experience for Alfie. This season he has yet again taken his game to another level, his goalscoring record is almost at a goal a game, he's battering defences and more importantly he's cutting out the daft shite.

He'll get his move eventually. And he'll get a better one than he'd have imagined this summer.

Morelos just doesn’t offer goals, he offers much much more.

Imagine playing against him?

It’s a defenders nightmare.

How many times did he turn off their defender without him knowing what day it was?

Alfredo humiliated him twice that I can remember.

His dummies and turns are absolutely magical.

I agree with this. His greatest strength is pulling the defenders around and absolutely doing them as soon as they make the mistake of getting too tight outside the box. However, he rarely finds a team mate once he’s clear.

He wouldn’t look out of place in an EPL squad but he wouldn’t be displacing the main striker any time soon at the top clubs.

I live down here and when I mention Alfie the comments from decent football fans is ALWAYS around his discipline.

Scottish football is a poisoned filled pressure cooker I think there's an element of that with Morelos he wouldn't be under the same microscope and scrutiny elsewhere

Maybe Rangers and SG bring the best out of Big Buff. Another club and a different manager may not necessarily work for him. He should commit himself.

Tammy Abraham, Vardy, those two spring to mind. Not many though. A lot of EPL sides seem to share the goals. Do we get the 25-30 a season striker now?

His finishing will improve with age & experience.
When he's at his peak (3 to 5 years from now) he is going to be terrifying defences at every level of the game.

When he first joined us all he wanted to do was run in behind, he was constantly on the half turn & his hold up play was iffy as a result.
The transformation in his play over the last couple of seasons has been remarkable, it shows he has the hunger & desire to get to the very top.
This season there has been a definite improvement in his discipline, he is constantly learning, I think training alongside Defoe will help as well.
We have got a diamond here, still needs polishing though.

As sad as it is to say, I think he is as good as he will get in Scotland and needs to move to a bigger league to fully realise his potential. As a previous poster said, I would love to see him at Spurs as back up to Kane and think he would work very well in that system. With regular games against top opposition I think he can go on to be a £50+m player but at the moment he is nowhere near the finished article, and won’t be by playing half a dozen Europa League games a season.

Fabulous physical presence, reading of the game improving and some of those turns were top drawer v Feyenoord. Discipline, fingers crossed, looking better too. One criticism from the other night, blue tinted shades off, is that on three occasions in the second half he should have passed rather than shot.

Back