Champions League nights.

This is always one of my favourite videos - the Barcelona match in 2007, video shot from the away end so you get a better recording of the sheer noise level.

Was brilliant that night before the game, one that always sticks out for me would only been 13 or so at the time was the man United 03 game at Ibrox with the full stadium singing blue sea of Ibrox.

Was brilliant that night before the game, one that always sticks out for me would only been 13 or so at the time was the 03 game at Ibrox with the full stadium singing blue sea of Ibrox.
Ironically I was stuck outside the Barcelona game in a massive queue for the Govan Rear. Didn't get in until 3 or 4 mins into the game.

Can't wait. That music sends a shiver up my spine when you hear it at Ibrox. Some of my best nights as a Rangers fan was at the CL games

The champions league isnt what is was anymore.

Would be happy to bow out with £35m and a pass into the Europa for an extended run.

Goddammit, Follow Follow.

Reads Post One... Yaaaaaaaassss can't f*ckin wait for some Champions League nights! Come on! Let's do this!

Post Two... Oh, right, that's for bringing me crashing down to Earth mate.

Absolute rollercoaster on here. :)

I welcome the return to the champions league,as long as we are strengthened enough to compete.
A bit aprehensive as to how any of our "virgin" players will react to a raucous stadium,hopefully not spook them but inspire them.

Something special on these nights and it all kicks in when your walking down the copland with your fish supper in hand and you see the lights of our magnificent stadium. Yes please bring them back.

I think there’s a slight chance we will have a decent crowd if we make groups.

It all depends on how many people have the vaccine imo, they’ll no allow full crowds till everyone over 18 has it I think.

Ibrox was nowhere near full that night too.
Tell you something, if we get into the CL group stage this autumn and the pandemic has been brought under control and fans are allowed back to stadiums, there won't be a spare ticket to be had for any of the three home games.

It'll be absolutely amazing.

Even if our first game back with fans is against some SPFL diddy side, it'll be a sell out and completely raucous.

One would hope the Subway Loyal might even stay for the entire match.

Gives me goosebumps everytime i walk up the steps to the CF and see Ibrox in its full glory...but takes it to a different level when were in full song and bouncy mode...nothing better in life than bouncing bears !! Fact

Can't wait to get back inside that fucking marvelous, majestic, magnificent sea of blue 5 star stadium

Can’t help but get emotional watching that. Like other plaster have said, can’t wait for some of our new players to experience Ibrox at its best. Galatasaray would have been incredible, qualifying for champions league groups at home, man , what a night that will be!

I'm sure it finished 1 each. Only been to a couple of CL games myself, But hoping for more next season.
It was, Edu scored at both ends.

Miller & Foster has decent chances for us, they beat us 3-0 in the Mestalla but I’m sure we hit the post twice.

Tell you something, if we get into the CL group stage this autumn and the pandemic has been brought under control and fans are allowed back to stadiums, there won't be a spare ticket to be had for any of the three home games.

It'll be absolutely amazing.

Even if our first game back with fans is against some SPFL diddy side, it'll be a sell out and completely raucous.

One would hope the Subway Loyal might even stay for the entire match.
Should raise the league flag at the end to make them stay

Was brilliant that night before the game, one that always sticks out for me would only been 13 or so at the time was the man United 03 game at Ibrox with the full stadium singing blue sea of Ibrox.
Was 13 at time of that game aswell mate spine tingling atmosphere that night reckon if we had scored the roof would have came off

The first time we qualified and the noise against Marseille , Brugge and CSKA was amazing. Not on a par with Kiev or beating Parma to qualify but was amazing
And especially with us being the only British team at the time and being one of the champions league stars in the logo.
The atmosphere will be electric when we get back to Ibrox and those euro nights will blown Gerrard etc away. The champions league music being drowned out to Derrys walls is the best part. Our support and our club deserves it.

I welcome the return to the champions league,as long as we are strengthened enough to compete.
A bit aprehensive as to how any of our "virgin" players will react to a raucous stadium,hopefully not spook them but inspire them.

Most of out players have experienced a raucous stadium.

If we are going into the champions league then I think new players coming in will have had some experience of a lively stadium too.

That Champions League campaign was a total embarrassment. I can remember questions being asked about Walter after Unirea and Sevilla

The feeling when the Champions League anthem comes on and the crowd roars is special. Our return in the Europa vs Rapid was great but making the CL groups will be even better.

Slightly unrelated, but can't get excited about hearing the Champions League anthem again without re-watching this (skip to 40 seconds in):

Same but domestically was a brilliant season
It was in terms of trophies, I felt 08/09 & 09/10 were pretty poor performance wise which were aided by Celtic being utter dung.

We only won 26/36 in the league both seasons, we stepped it up in 10/11 I felt & that was mainly down to Naismith.

Who cares about performances as long as you are waving shiny things about though, those years are great memories :))

Back