Champions League - Tuesday/Wednesday

giogaddi

Some decent matches on the card.

Still stomach churning seeing Malmö in there.

Presume we're all watching Barca v Bayern?

Can’t believe Malmö are in the CL group stages.

Anyway, Barca/Bayern for me but Atalanta/Villarreal would be my fall back if the former was poor.

3-1 Macabbi Tel Aviv v Alashkert
0-0 Macabbi Hiafa v Feyenoord

20 mins or so to go in each. Feyenoord game has been shite.

Can’t believe Malmö are in the CL group stages.

Anyway, Barca/Bayern for me but Atalanta/Villarreal would be my fall back if the former was poor.

Why? They comfortably put us to the sword because we were absolutely dreadful (thats on us). Then beat a not very good Ludogrets team in the play offs. Granted they held on a bit in the second leg of that one but had put the foundations down to progress in the home leg. They deserve to be there we don’t its as simple as that sadly.

I’m looking forward to this. Think I’ll watch the Man Utd game till they’re a couple up then turn it over to the Sevilla game.

whoever posted it, cheers for the heads up re man u game starting early

Why? They comfortably put us to the sword because we were absolutely dreadful (thats on us). Then beat a not very good Ludogrets team in the play offs. Granted they held on a bit in the second leg of that one but had put the foundations down to progress in the home leg. They deserve to be there we don’t its as simple as that sadly.
Because we are a better team than them, and it’s incredibly frustrating the are in the group stages at our expense - a functional side, at best.

Never said they didn’t deserve to be there, but they shouldn’t be.

There's a bunch of English League games on tonight and tomorrow night - thought that wasn't allowed.
They changed that rule a few years back, leagues are free to schedule games when they like now.
There has been games in the lower leagues for the past 15-20 years in midweek even longer

Recently Sky have been broadcasting the Championship live

Top flight and Cup games they try to avoid a clash

Because we are a better team than them, and it’s incredibly frustrating the are in the group stages at our expense - a functional side, at best.

Never said they didn’t deserve to be there, but they shouldn’t be.

We are and it is frustrating I agree but over the 180mins they were much better than us. They should be there because they out worked us and we were still on holiday.

Being a better team on paper doesn’t mean much for me especially when our ‘better players’ put in the performances they did.

I would've thought artificial pitches would be banned in the CL.

Thats poor
Not really surprised to be honest.

I agree they shouldn’t be but unless Uefa were to ban them out right then they can’t solely ban them from the CL.

Clubs in leagues like the Eredivisie, Russian top flight and obviously Switzerland still have them in play - should be outlawed at top flight level.

Annoying.

YB making a game of this, good save by De Gea then Ronaldo forces a save moments later.

Back