Champions league two places

Barcelona72

Official Ticketer
Sorry if there is already a thread,feel free to delete
I see in the BBC its confirmed Scotland will have two places next season,thanks to us

Does anyone know what stage of qualifiers 1st and 2nd will start at?
2nd place -Non Champions League route
QR2 20th/21th July & 27th/28th July

1st place - Champions Route
QR3 3rd/4th August & 10th/11th August - hopefully we enter here
PO 17th/18th August & 24th/25th August - Could enter here depends on 2020/21 CL winner

or we enter CL GS as winners of 2020/21 EL

2nd place -Non Champions League route
QR2 20th/21th July & 27th/28th July

1st place - Champions Route
QR3 3rd/4th August & 10th/11th August - hopefully we enter here
PO 17th/18th August & 24th/25th August - Could enter here depends on 2020/21 CL winner

or we enter CL GS as winners of 2020/21 EL
I particularly like the matter of fact way you put this part :)

If there’s one team who has history for making it through tough qualifying rounds it’s us. I hope that it doesn’t come to that though and we go in via the champions route

Funny the media are only just figuring this out now when we all knew ages ago because we are not thick like them.

The Scottish FA actually have just caught up as well and this why the now these threads after they it announced yesterday so that is where the media are picking it up from

I always find it mental that you get same coefficient points for a CL win as you do for a EL win. Bonkers

It’s absolutely nuts.

In terms of long term securing of European football for the top 2/3 teams in the league, we’re almost as well in the Europa where we’ll get the same points for beating Dundalk, Rijeka or Wolfsberger as we would for beating Barca, PSG or Liverpool.

Can’t argue with that £30m prize fund for CL though, can you.

It’s absolutely nuts.

In terms of long term securing of European football for the top 2/3 teams in the league, we’re almost as well in the Europa where we’ll get the same points for beating Dundalk, Rijeka or Wolfsberger as we would for beating Barca, PSG or Liverpool.

Can’t argue with that £30m prize fund for CL though, can you.
Exactly we would be better going CL then EL then CL then EL alternate years to keep the coefficient up.... obviously financially it’s different

No idea why the media are only reporting this now.

It was known 2 and half months ago and confirmed on here.

I don’t know how I had missed that. Great news. But we definitely want that champions path, and as many coefficient points as possible on the board this season.

I always find it mental that you get same coefficient points for a CL win as you do for a EL win. Bonkers
I think it makes sense. If all the champions league teams kept getting all the points there would never be teams from other nations getting a chance , Consistently doing well in europa should be rewarded with a crack at the big one.

Exactly we would be better going CL then EL then CL then EL alternate years to keep the coefficient up.... obviously financially it’s different
I’m pretty sure we could pick up points in he CL. Especially at Ibrox.

Is there a different weighting for EL & CL wins/draws?

They give extra bonus points (4) for CL group stage to try to balance that. It will be interesting to see how they deal with the points for the new competition.

The person who gets the second champions league spot is more than likely not going to qualify for the group stage. It’s a very tough route with some good teams in it.
Is there a Europa safety net if punted out?
I hated the early preliminary games as you could quite easy get a team halfway through their season and our players had flip flops on a week earlier.

I hated the early preliminary games as you could quite easy get a team halfway through their season and our players had flip flops on a week earlier.
2021-24-uefa-club-competitions-scheme.png

Yes there is the europa safety net. Potentially you could drop out the CL second qualifier if you got the second CL spot drop into the third qualifying of the EL lose that and drop into the conference league.

Do teams drop into the EL if eliminated at this stage?

*edit. I see this has just been answered.

Back