Chance of a player coming in

Themaruso

Sky reporting Gerrard has hinted there could be a player coming in this month, this is on top of the Wright transfer

Any idea who it could be ?

He seemed quite coy about it. I'd be amazed if it was anyone outside of Wright or perhaps the kid from Bournemouth.

"We're hoping to have some news in the coming days"

Steven Gerrard is happy about signing Aberdeen winger Scott Wright and hints more Rangers transfer business could happen before next week's deadline https://t.co/42pLHy0IuN

Maybe they'll try and get Ofoborh up early, we were looking a bit short of options in central midfield recently with Zungu being the only back up central mid, but with Jack back and Arfield back soon we aren't really that short in midfield anymore.
Yeah that's my thoughts. A few weeks ago I was slightly worried about midfield but got through a tough run and now Jack is back and Arfield ain't far away.

I wonder if it'll just be official confirmation of the Bournemouth players. All the chat seems to be that it's done, but obviously we've not had anything from the club about it

The squad is looking very strong. Id like to see Stevie Kelly being added. He looks a real prospect as does Patterson.
Better off staying at County and getting regular games surely?

Depending on who is heading out and the Wright deal we could do with another option in the wide / 10 area, even just on loan for the rest of the season.

Might be announcements of precontracts for the Bournemouth players would love it to be someone out the blue like Amuzu from Anderlecht or something like that

That’s another thing I like about Gerrard, he gives away next to nothing, keeps the media guessing and sometimes just feeds them a wee porkie just to add to their annoyance.

I know we like to hear news too but I like the way he goes about it.

Can see Wright coming early. Doesn’t suit the sheep for him to hang around. Would be good to get him bedded in for next season.

When I watched the interview I thought Gerrard said this off the back of the question about players going out the door but the way he said it made me think of incomings.

He had already addressed the Wright transfer by saying the ball was with Aberdeen on that one, looks to me like we have made our offer to get him now.

That would mean that whatever could be happening in the next few days would be with another player/players.

When I watched the interview I thought Gerrard said this off the back of the question about players going out the door but the way he said it made me think of incomings.

He had already addressed the Wright transfer by saying the ball was with Aberdeen on that one, looks to me like we have made our offer to get him now.

That would mean that whatever could be happening in the next few days would be with another player/players.

It’s likely just announcing the Bournemouth players. Maybe they’ll come this month but realistically wouldn’t expect them to feature at all until the league is won.

Back