Chances v Porto?

Skill wins games and Porto have better players. It's also a game they need to win. These clubs tend to get results when they need them in these competitions.

That will depend on how easily we let them score. :confused:
Yet, they couldn’t beat a Feyenoord side that we did beat?
Maybe they didn’t have to, eh?
I really do wonder sometimes.

Most people think we'll get beat, fair enough. If it happens though, the toys will still be chucked right out of the pram.

We are 100% worth a bet at 6/1, should be nearer 3/1 IMO. We got a point away to Villareal with a poorer team so no reason we can't win this one.

Nothing to fear.
TBf villareal would get horsed by porto in my opinion. Im still confident of a draw , morelos v pepe will be interesting

Last edited:
It will be the most difficult away tie I suspect.
I will be surprised if you do get anything from this one.

I know next to nothing about Krasnodar.
Did they get a bye to the knock out stages?
I can’t find them in the CL tables.
Trying to establish how good Porto must be.
there in europa aswell , got horsed by basel , this group is a head %^*& , anyone beating anyone

Last edited:

Results like the win Krasnodar had in Porto happen in football as you well know. Does that mean Porto are mince? Course it doesn't, Porto will be a huge test for us anyone thinking different is in cloud cuckoo land

Krasnodar were three up away in Porto I’m sure. Think they got pumped by Olympiacos in the next round

I think we will pump Porto next week, qualify out the group second place, get Man Utd in the last 16, smoke them home and away, and I will be taking piss out all my english manc mates down here for months to come :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D optomistic loyal!

Results like the win Krasnodar had in Porto happen in football as you well know. Does that mean Porto are mince? Course it doesn't, Porto will be a huge test for us anyone thinking different is in cloud cuckoo land
You’re going to the extreme here.
I have never posted or hinted that Porto are mince.
My point is simply that this season, their current team have done nothing to tell us they’re a top fifteen team in Europe or a team to be feared.
Respected, as always, but not to be feared.

You’re going to the extreme here.
I have never posted or hinted that Porto are mince.
My point is simply that this season, their current team have done nothing to tell us they’re a top fifteen team in Europe or a team to be feared.
Respected, as always, but not to be feared.

Equally I never posted that Porto are as top 15 team or to be feared. Didn't stop you trying to be wide or jumping on my original point.

Yet, they couldn’t beat a Feyenoord side that we did beat?
Maybe they didn’t have to, eh?
I really do wonder sometimes.

Watch the highlights and you will wonder how they lost that game. On this occasion they are at home and will take a few goals of us. I think the vast majority would take a point right now if offered. I certainly would.

Equally I never posted that Porto are as top 15 team or to be feared. Didn't stop you trying to be wide or jumping on my original point.
Read the thread.
I never accused you of posting anything.
You’ve assumed I’ve been referring to you and most of us know what happens when you assume.

Watch the highlights and you will wonder how they lost that game. On this occasion they are at home and will take a few goals of us. I think the vast majority would take a point right now if offered. I certainly would.
So would I.
All I’m trying to get at, as posted before, is that we’ve nothing to fear.
Respect but not fear.

Read the thread.
I never accused you of posting anything.
You’ve assumed I’ve been referring to you and most of us know what happens when you assume.

Read the thread yourself!!
You directly quoted my post , no assumption made, not on my part anyway.

Read the thread yourself!!
You directly quoted my post , no assumption made, not on my part anyway.
Away you go.
I emboldened the quote from you that I was challenging.
The rest of the post does not refer to anything you’ve posted.
If I were answering solely to your post, emboldening one line would not have been required.

Away you go.
I emboldened the quote from you that I was challenging.
The rest of the post does not refer to anything you’ve posted.
If I were answering solely to your post, emboldening one line would not have been required.

Ffs you need your hole or something? I stand by what I said, Porto away will be our biggest test so far, they are a champions league club who failed to make that level this season.

Said it on page 1

Rangers have their game changers in Kent and Aribo available.

Opposition cant really plan as its not been seen before.

Every chance for us. Shape and then feed Kent / Aribo

Ffs you need your hole or something? I stand by what I said, Porto away will be our biggest test so far, they are a champions league club who failed to make that level this season.
I’m not denying any of that!
All I have posted is, and this’ll be the third time in the thread I’ve posted it, is that, given their European form this season, we have nothing to fear from them.
Yes, we need to respect them but not fear them.

I’m not denying any of that!
All I have posted is, and this’ll be the third time in the thread I’ve posted it, is that, given their European form this season, we have nothing to fear from them.
Yes, we need to respect them but not fear them.

Nobody gave us a chance against Villarreal, people will be surprised by how close we are to Porto.

We are significantly better than most give us credit for.

We miss to many chances and make to many basic mistakes away from home in Europe. Porto will take all 3 points. Not being negative. Just realistic based on previous away outings.

Back