Change of System

We need to be more flexible but if Gerrard wants the 4-3-3 to work he needs to bring in players who actually suit it and can do a job.

Flexibility in the formation is also key I would like to see us adopt a 4-2-3-1 as our current system just seems to crumble domestically now keep it for big games and in Europe.

A lot of people are sleeping on Aribo I feel. If he kicks on he could be a huge player for us next season.

I hope he's actually played much deeper next year to supply some class to the midfield and ghost into the box. If we get Hagi, I would still like to see a goalscoring winger wide right in the Willian mould (without the pricetag).

I hope he's actually played much deeper next year to supply some class to the midfield and ghost into the box. If we get Hagi, I would still like to see a goalscoring winger wide right in the Willian mould (without the pricetag).

I actually thought Aribo played his best football for us when he was playing on the right side of the front 3. I thought it was a mistake by Gerrard to take him out of that position after the winter break.

Appreciate we picked up a lot of injuries etc though so that probably came into the thinking.

Reactions: Jeb
I actually thought Aribo played his best football for us when he was playing on the right side of the front 3. I thought it was a mistake by Gerrard to take him out of that position after the winter break.

Appreciate we picked up a lot of injuries etc though so that probably came into the thinking.

I think he probably did, at that point we were looking for a spark and a classy touch up top. I believe we need that class in midfield as well though, with the ability to mix it up, speed up play and play longer direct balls.

His goal against braga shows he has that class and bravery on the ball. Depends on the system and opposition of course.

I think he probably did, at that point we were looking for a spark and a classy touch up top. I believe we need that class in midfield as well though, with the ability to mix it up, speed up play and play longer direct balls.

His goal against braga shows he has that class and bravery on the ball. Depends on the system and opposition of course.

Agreed.

It will be interesting to see what the plans are to fit Hagi and Aribo into the team. Both are maverick type players.

We could well be looking at a change of shape next season.

Agreed.

It will be interesting to see what the plans are to fit Hagi and Aribo into the team. Both are maverick type players.

We could well be looking at a change of shape next season.

I'd really like to think so, but not for every game. Morphing to suit the game is key.

I do think we need a stronger Ryan Jack type player, as he carries injuries and cant be depended on for Sunday Thursday rotations. Another poster mentioned a Barry Ferguson type, and I couldnt agree more. I like Arfield and Aribo in there, and Davis is class, but getting on. A first team stater in there and a right winger could change everything for us.

I reckon you are correct. The boy has all the skills required. Maybe just needs to add more in final third and then he’ll be a great player.

Overall I thought Aribo had a decent first season. At times he could be a passenger, but he also showed some incredible skills that hinted at greater things to come.

With a year in Scotland behind him now, he needs to add more muscle and goals to his game and perhaps more importantly simply have belief in his own undoubted ability.

If he kicks on he could be a huge player for us.

If not, well, the support will let him know what they think about that.

It will be interesting to see if this lockdown has given the manager Proper time to reflect on things and make adjustments going forward.

he also almost has a clean slate with some of the players that have left so rebuilding this summer is massive obviously.

We need to be more flexible but if Gerrard wants the 4-3-3 to work he needs to bring in players who actually suit it and can do a job.

Flexibility in the formation is also key I would like to see us adopt a 4-2-3-1 as our current system just seems to crumble domestically now keep it for big games and in Europe.
4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 are both very similar systems.

If you set up in a 4-3-3 with two ‘sitting’ CDM’s then that is effectively a 4-2-3-1, as your striker will will appear to be on his own and relying on support from wide MF’s and the CAM (the 10 if you like).

We don’t need two CDM’s at home,one is enough for security. We need more creativity when attacking centrally and maybe getting the fullbacks as high as poss to create chances in the final third (Barasic for Kent’s goal at the piggery).

Being able to finish the chances also helps!

You've got to be flexible and have the ability to make changes here and there.

I've no problem with 4-3-3 but there are clearly moments when in needs adjusted, especially when certain players are out and we don't have like for like replacements.

Hagi in a 4-2-3-1.

There are times when we can go with two strikers through the middle.

Being flexible is the key, having the players to be adaptable and flexible is the tough part

Back