Changes for Motherwell

TerrySilverLoyal

How would you line us up then

Very much the same? Back 4 takes care of itself and with Davis out can't see much change middle to front

We did look tired 2nd half understandably. Worry about the middle of the park and lack of quality replacement.

Prroblem here is we really need the win and we dont have a dearth of attacking midfield and striking options. Perhaps rest Kamara, Kent, Morelos and give Davis, Ojo and Defoe a start. Jack could maybe do with a rest but he's become a pivitiol part of the team and as we saw just recently, we miss him when hes out the side. You could maybe sit out Tav or Barasic as well, but not both as the only full back replacements are Flanigan and Halliday and neither of those are particularly strong down the flank and if you're resting Kent that leaves you without any width in attack

Prroblem here is we really need the win and we dont have a dearth of attacking midfield and striking options. Perhaps rest Kamara, Kent, Morelos and give Davis, Ojo and Defoe a start. Jack could maybe do with a rest but he's become a pivitiol part of the team and as we saw just recently, we miss him when hes out the side. You could maybe sit out Tav or Barasic as well, but not both as the only full back replacements are Flanigan and Halliday and neither of those are particularly strong down the flank and if you're resting Kent that leaves you without any width in attack

Davis injured

I really don't think we can afford to make wholesale changes we just need a monumental push up to new year

Shagger
Tav Goldson Niko Borna
Arfield Jack Kamara Aribo
Morelos Kent

If all players feel good then play them

If we go 3-0 up then bring on Defoe Stewart Halliday

They should be fine come Sunday strongest team possible and then a few days rest before Hibs

The biggest worry for sunday is getting kicked of the park by these thugs and the ref allowing it, sure i saw that the ref for sunday is that prick that was the ref against Hearts a couple of weeks ago.

We try to rest our big players and play fringe player at fir park or easter road and we drop points.

These games are must win in run up to mentally challenged game.

If we are to rest players then its games at Ibrox, not 2 of the toughest away venues.

It will probably be
:

Shagger
Tav Goldson Niko Borna
Jack Kamara Arfield
Aribo Defoe Ojo

But I'd want
:
Shagger
Tav Goldson Niko Borna
Jack Kamara Arfield
Aribo Morelos Stewart

Kent looks a little burnt out after his injury and playing with too much expectation.

Get the game won then rest some legs.

We have a large squad and we need to utilise it... I thought tonight in the second half we looked shattered so changes will be made. Games like Sunday are the reason we brought guys like Stewart and Defoe to play in...We have to trust them.

Shagger
Tav Goldson Katic Borna
Arfield Jack Kamara
Aribo Morelos Jones

I was really impressed with Aribo tonight

Thought he was poor tonight looked weak in the tackle ball retention etc,but like Kent his performances will improve

We have just come off, IMHO, the biggest week of our season. Unfortunately the games have not gone as we had hoped. However after the dropped points at Pittodrie we cannot afford any slip ups at 'well on Sunday, in what is sure to be a tough 90 minutes.

A good number of our players looked leggy in the final 15 minutes tonight, which is not surprising after both the physical and mental strains of Sundays defeat and pressure of tonights game. Can the players recover in time, is our squad good enough to allow 3 or 4 changes?

We dropped way too many points last December, drawing away to Hibs and Dundee, whilst losing to Sheep and drawing with Hibs at Ibrox. We cannot afford to be as poor this season but with only one win, away to Hamilton, in our last 6 games our results, if not our performances, are a little worrying.

Do not want to go to Scumdome for the final game before the winter break with the gap any more than the current 2 points behind them and I'll bite your hand off if you offered me a point in that game to. It is no exaggeration to say that the 4 games remaining till the shutdown will make or break our season.

We have just come off, IMHO, the biggest week of our season. Unfortunately the games have not gone as we had hoped. However after the dropped points at Pittodrie we cannot afford any slip ups at 'well on Sunday, in what is sure to be a tough 90 minutes.

A good number of our players looked leggy in the final 15 minutes tonight, which is not surprising after both the physical and mental strains of Sundays defeat and pressure of tonights game. Can the players recover in time, is our squad good enough to allow 3 or 4 changes?

We dropped way too many points last December, drawing away to Hibs and Dundee, whilst losing to Sheep and drawing with Hibs at Ibrox. We cannot afford to be as poor this season but with only one win, away to Hamilton, in our last 6 games our results, if not our performances, are a little worrying.

Do not want to go to Scumdome for the final game before the winter break with the gap any more than the current 2 points behind them and I'll bite your hand off if you offered me a point in that game to. It is no exaggeration to say that the 4 games remaining till the shutdown will make or break our season.

Two wins - Hamilton away and Hearts at Ibrox - and three draws at Feyenoord, Aberdeen and tonight.

We are dead on our feet. Got to freshen it up. Sunday will be a struggle. I would bring in Defoe and Stewart for Alfie and Kent.

The price tag wasn’t his doing.
Well it was in as much that he played very well for us last season and so his value was what is was.
Kent is still a young man, one look st his shocking haircut tells us that

Doesn’t matter what age he is. We need him to step up now. Not wait till next season.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Barisic

King Jack Kamara

Stewart Defoe Ojo

Subs
Fod
Flanagan
Edmundson
Arfield
Jones
Kent
Morelos

Kill the game off early, get Jack off for Edmundson after an hour. Get Jones 20 mins. Give Morelos the last 10 mins to keep him happy.

Last edited:
We looked shattered and definitely could use options to freshen things up. I’d go....

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Borna
Arfield Jack Kamara
Stewart Kent
Defoe​

I would look at Barker or Ojo for Kent, Stewart for Aribo and maybe Haliday for Jack

That would leave us too weak in my view. It will be a tough game at Fir Park, it normally is, and they are on a decent run of form right now. We can't afford any more slip-ups. It has to be 3 points, nothing less will do. Aribo and Jack will be fine to keep on going. I reckon Kent may drop to the bench and that will be it. I'd restrict Morelos, if the game goes to plan, to just an hour before bringing on Defoe.

We can't afford any slip ups before Parkhead. We'll be going there a minimum of 5 behind, any more is a disaster. Strongest team for the next 4 games then they can get a rest.

Reactions: Gee
I’d go:

McGregor
Docherty Jack Arfield
Stewart Kent
Morelos

Subs: Fod, Flanagan, Edmundson, Kamara, Jones, Aribo, Defoe

A few players looked knackered last night, none more so than Aribo & Kamara in my opinion. However, we don’t have huge options to change in midfield at the moment so I’d play Docherty. He’d give us loads of energy at a time we could maybe do with it. It won’t happen though.

Were king and docherty not named in the European squad? Last night we badly could have done with fresh legs in midfield in the second half and had nothing on the bench.

McGregor
Jack Kamara Arfield
Stewart Kent
Morelos

I’m sorry but no one should be rested for this. This was the biggest game of last night and Sunday. Getting through last night means %^*& all if we don’t win on Sunday. If anyone was being tested, it should have been last night.

Reactions: Gee
Why are we so scared to use other players within our squad? The scum have rotated well. Giving their main players a rest. Fu.ck they've been playing Morgan up front and still winning games.

King, Stewart, Ojo, Defoe are all more than capable of playing in a winning Rangers team at Fir Park.

Back