Changes for Sunday v Killie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kent looks done in and has been poor for the past few weeks, play a front 3 of roofe, Morelos and aribo against Killie and it should be enough to beat them, as well as kent getting some much needed rest.

On top of that jack in for Davis and helander in for balogun.

Kent looks like he needs a rest but Sunday is one of our biggest games of the season so he needs to play.

Helander and Aribo in..

Last edited:
Genuinely think Sunday is one of the biggest games since Gerrard took over. Massive.

Jack for Davis.

Aribo for Hagi.

Alfie for Roofe.
Yeah I agree, feels like it’s a massive game in the scheme of things. Not sure what changes will happen but I’m sure whoever starts will be what Gerrard thinks is his best 11. Wouldn’t think he’ll rotate the squad for the sake of it for this game

Id have a front 3 of Barker, Morelos and Jones.
Kent on bench as needs a restas does Hagi us Jones knows the pitch.
Maybe try Zungu in a 3 with 2 from Kamara, Jack and Arfield. Rest Davis
Would also go with Balogun over Helander and even maybe Bassey for Borna
We're away at Rugby Park, where we've struggled in recent times so we have to go with our strongest team. Those are the kind of wholesale changes I'd expect if we were playing Cowdenbeath in the league cup

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Borna
Jack Kamara
Hagi Aribo Kent
Alfie

That's what I think we'll go with, not really a game for Barker or Jones when kilmarnock will have the bus parked in front of their goal

We're away at Rugby Park, where we've struggled in recent times so we have to go with our strongest team. Those are the kind of wholesale changes I'd expect if we were playing Cowdenbeath in the league cup
Just feel we need to protect some players on that pitch. Its a long season with another big game next Thursday.

Naw man, just naw. Not the game to start Zungu ffs. Let him get a bit up to pace before throwing him in. The week after v hamilton at home is the perfect game.

I see that you could rest kent, but baker or jones, with aribo in the other position.

Bassey for Borna, naw!

Why would you throw Zungu into a game like that on Sunday for his debut? Its the last game you would start him in. We're lucky enough that all the midfield is performing well that we don't need to rush Zungu at all.

Kamara looked out in his feet at the end tonight so think I would keep him for next Thursday. Maybe go with Jack and Arfield, Roofe to 10, Aribo in for Hagi and Alfie starts.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Barisic
Jack Davis Arfield
Aribo Morelos Kent

Subs: McLaughlin, Balogun, Bassey, Kamara, Hagi, Jones, Itten, Roofe, Defoe

Naw man, just naw. Not the game to start Zungu ffs. Let him get a bit up to pace before throwing him in. The week after v hamilton at home is the perfect game.

I see that you could rest kent, but baker or jones, with aribo in the other position.

Bassey for Borna, naw!
Just thinking with Borna coming back from injury and the hammer throwers that Kilmarnock are Bassey might be better suited.
Just my opinion.

Aribo and Kent, there more creative with a ball at there feet... it’s all about opinions mate. Just don’t think jones and barker would work.

I'm not really sure how much to take that into account as I've never played football at any sort of decent level. Do you think it makes that big a difference? I just don't see there being any space for him to run into
Me either mate. Im just wary as of the i juries we have picked up there in the past.
Bonus is the gaffer has got it spot on so far so whatever he goes with I'll be right behind him

Just feel we need to protect some players on that pitch. Its a long season with another big game next Thursday.
Yes the pitch is shite but we can't go resting players against one of our toughest opponents on the off chance they might pick up an injury. If they were carrying a knock then fair enough but not if they're fully fit. Also for me ensuring 3 points on Sunday is far more important than the game next Thursday

I am not sure if there are any of our players who should not play because of pitch and fear of injury. Might be a factor along with freshening things up?

There’s no way we’re putting Zungu or Bassey in on Sunday unless there’s injuries.

make no mistake, must be the strongest available for Killie game. This is huge. This is the game that will show whether we’ve grown since last year. No fucking about. The only possible change I would say is Jones for his pace and played on that shite pitch for years

Yes the pitch is shite but we can't go resting players against one of our toughest opponents on the off chance they might pick up an injury. If they were carrying a knock then fair enough but not if they're fully fit. Also for me ensuring 3 points on Sunday is far more important than the game next Thursday
Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back