Changes for Sunday v Killie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling a wee bit with 'on form' and Hagi, and believe me this isn't about sticking up for the boy at every turn.

If you say on the basis of Thursday night, Hagi should be dropped, then it is hard to argue against. But when you think of his class in setting up the first goal in his last domestic game, which was only last Sunday, then there is where I'm struggling.

Barker, I just cannot get my head round. I'd hate to think he is one break away from being the player we'd love to see. But right now, I just don't see it.

It should say on "current form" and meant as looking at the squad as a whole.

I don't think Hagi was poor in midweek, I just think for this match on Sunday there are other options ahead of him.

Sunday is going to be a horrible gritty game, the weather forecast is awful so there will be very limited slick play from us. We need to get an early goal as I belive we could see it out given our defensive record of late. We need battlers in the starting 11.

I really do hate going to this dump, we have a poor record and struggle on a shit pitch against a team of hammer throwers, I fear lost points .

McLaughlin for McGregor. Personally I think with the plastic pitch and McGregors previous injuries this season it not worth the risk. Both are class keepers.

Morelos for roofe
Jones for hagi
Helander for balogun
midfield id like to see the new boy zungu but its a horrible game to throw him in so probably stick with kamara davis arfield

It should say on "current form" and meant as looking at the squad as a whole.

I don't think Hagi was poor in midweek, I just think for this match on Sunday there are other options ahead of him.
Each to their own bud.

I thought Hagi, especially in a wee spell in the second half had a stinker.

I'm just thinking of that one killer pass that could make the break through.

However, I think we are building this away ground up in our minds as a hurdle.

They are garbage and should be swatted away for what they are.

Sunday is going to be a horrible gritty game, the weather forecast is awful so there will be very limited slick play from us. We need to get an early goal as I belive we could see it out given our defensive record of late. We need battlers in the starting 11.

Bit of water on that park will be better than if we were going on a warm day in August and Kilmarnock not watering the park so it plays to their advantage - slow as death.

A wet 4g pitch is also softer than a bone dry one which is better for the body, knees especially.

I think it will be
McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Barasic
Arfield Kamara Aribo
Hagi Morelos Kent

And I think we will win comfortably

Everyone is ignoring the obvious here , none of us want it but Barker will start . I’d go with Jones but it will be barker . It’s inexplicable

I think neither will start tomorrow, but one of them may start on Thursday, when we'll be playing more on the counter.

Bit of water on that park will be better than if we were going on a warm day in August and Kilmarnock not watering the park so it plays to their advantage - slow as death.

A wet 4g pitch is also softer than a bone dry one which is better for the body, knees especially.
It’s more the winds I’d be worried about. Agree regarding the water though

Hey, Mr Tambourineman,

I was probably a bit harsh on Barker.

Maybe he could play tomorrow and have an absolute stonker of a game. The game were he does something that finally comes off for him and his confidence goes through the roof.

I'd love to see that, as does everyone.

It's just that in my tiny, wee mind, I want everyone to be a footballer in the purest sense and that is just bonkers and an ideal that works only in my mind.

Every team that was ever successful needs the scrappers, the carriers and fetchers to do the unglamorous jobs.

Maybe, just maybe if that one chance comes Barker's way it could be the dam buster.
It was more your puddle imagery than the actual comment on Barker that grabbed my attention. I concur with your view on him v Hagi.

It’s more the winds I’d be worried about. Agree regarding the water though

Use the wind to our advantage. We've got the ability to mix it - long, short, direct, with authority, at our own tempo.

Pitch and conditions of no concern to me. We are a different animal this season. We stick to our game plan and even tried to play football on a near waterlogged pitch in Belgium.

I think it will be
McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Barasic
Arfield Kamara Aribo
Hagi Morelos Kent

And I think we will win comfortably
Good looking team. Plenty of goal scoring threats. Would like to see Hagi try more shots from distance. Looks like he can strike it well with both feet. Although he doesn't always have an influence for the full ninety in every game he is capable of providing a moment of magic at any time to make the difference in a tight game. Just win Rangers.

At the point that you compared preparing for elite sports performance to doing a shift at work I realised that you were no longer trying to debate in good faith and with logic.

I didn’t see the point in providing a counter argument to an absurd proposition.;)
I do understand there’s a difference mate. But it’s because they are elite athletes that I think they should be raring to go twice a week. They get recovery time afterwards and they are trained to keep in peak shape. I don’t think tired should come into it.

And tbf to the players I personally never see them as tired. Most games they are still buzzing at the end.

Use the wind to our advantage. We've got the ability to mix it - long, short, direct, with authority, at our own tempo.

Pitch and conditions of no concern to me. We are a different animal this season. We stick to our game plan and even tried to play football on a near waterlogged pitch in Belgium.
Aye when you put it like that mate! We survived Belgium so we can handle anything now. Dunno why I’m so nervous about this game. No matter what the result tomorrow, it will tell us a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back