Changes for Sunday v Killie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMalky

I see almost everyone has Balogun being replaced by Helander. Why not give Goldson the rest and play Balogun on the right of Helander? Maybe the wrong game to try a new pairing though.

Stewrfc

Morelos in for Roofe, he's got a decent record at rugby park.
Helander for Balogun, league is the priority
Jones for Hagi, he knows the pitch and has played well there.

Leaves plenty of firepower on the bench if it's needed.

BigTinder86

Mcgregor
Tav Goldson Balogun Barasic
Jack Aribo Kamara
Roofe Morelos Kent

Bolugun for pace on the plastic pitch and he is decent at brining the ball out defence which will be needed due to Killie sitting deep.

Tempted to go with Hagi again as pace not really required against Killie in attack. But went off the boil last night imo.

spaceman2

Sightly surprised so many folk are wanting to see the Jack/Kamara pairing against an ultra defensive team... But I guess depends on how fit Davis will be.

If Roofe is completely over his injury, I'd move him into Hagi's role and bring Alfie, Helander and Aribo in. Can't wait to see both Aribo and Roofe playing together against one of these zero ambition teams

MearnsUnionist

There’s no way we’re putting Zungu or Bassey in on Sunday unless there’s injuries.

make no mistake, must be the strongest available for Killie game. This is huge. This is the game that will show whether we’ve grown since last year. No fucking about. The only possible change I would say is Jones for his pace and played on that shite pitch for years

Don't see Jones's pace much of an issue against Killie, as they'll defend deep and there will be no space in behind.

Kent, Tav, Arfield and Goldson all got a breather through the international break (thankfully), so I don't see fatigue as an issue.

Probably back to 4-2-3-1 on Sunday, so Kamara and Jack as the holding mids, with Aribo, Arfield and Kent in behind Morelos for me.

MearnsUnionist

I see almost everyone has Balogun being replaced by Helander. Why not give Goldson the rest and play Balogun on the right of Helander? Maybe the wrong game to try a new pairing though.

Goldson gets a rest when Helander and Balogun are away on international duty mate.

He'll be fine.

Partickger

Massive game, awful pitch where we have a dreadful record. They’ve had a free week and we looked a little tired last night.

That said, we need to crank up the pressure and show we’ve got the mentality to win these games, no more slip ups.

Jones knows the pitch so has to come into contention.

Drumchapel-Bear

If we are playing 4-2-3-1
_______McGregor
Tav. Goldson. Helander. Barisic
Kamara Jack
Aribo. Hagi. Kent
Morelos

Might not be far away that. He might even start his boy (Barker) :eek: :D Hagi was pretty poor last night but is the type of player who could open up Killie with the low block they will no doubt play. Aribo in the #10 role is more than capable of that bit of magic as well though to be fair.

It's great to have so many good options.

MearnsUnionist

I’m thinking Jones playing on the plastic pitch as he’s used to playing there. But yeah it’s hard to drop Arfield maybe for Aribo and push full backs to wing backs.

Arfield plays well on the plastic and contributes way more with and without the ball than Jones does imo.

Jones is fine if a team comes on to us and can use his pace into space on the counter.

Motherwell at Fir Park was a perfect example.

Killie won't open up like that and we'll need Arfield's movement around the box to open them up.

temperance

Id have a front 3 of Barker, Morelos and Jones.
Kent on bench as needs a restas does Hagi us Jones knows the pitch.
Maybe try Zungu in a 3 with 2 from Kamara, Jack and Arfield. Rest Davis
Would also go with Balogun over Helander and even maybe Bassey for Borna
So you don’t want to win!

QueensferryCR3Bear

McGregor in goal

Tavernier/Barisic down the flanks

Goldson/Helander marshalling the back

Jack /Kamara breaking play and moving it forward

Zungu or Arfield /Aribo in the creative and box to box roles, out wide where needed

Roofe / Morelos up front

Give Kent a break for Thurs.

BajanBear

Kamara has been excellent recently but his ball control on plastic is poor. Not his fault but the ball bounces off him.

Jones a good option on paper but isn't focussed enough to play our system for 90.

Sunday massive and another reminder that spastic pitches shouldn't be anywhere near the top league.

MearnsUnionist

Kamara has been excellent recently but his ball control on plastic is poor. Not his fault but the ball bounces off him.

Jones a good option on paper but isn't focussed enough to play our system for 90.

Sunday massive and another reminder that spastic pitches shouldn't be anywhere near the top league.
Got MOTM when we gubbed Hamilton in the cup on the plastic last season mate.

I think he's pretty decent on the plastic, as are Tav, Arfield, Kent and Morelos.

They all seem very comfortable with the surface.

Boldvale

Official Ticketer
Jones from the start on Sunday makes a lot of sense. He knows the park well and he has looked very promising in his few appearances recently.

1914-18

I would take Kent out and put Jones in. Kent has been poor last few games and looks like he needs a wee break. He would be a great sub to bring on.

Bazzaboi1690

Dont really care who starts we should be beating killie regardless ,out the traps fast in there faces early goal win 3 -0 if we go cagey sit in the longer the game goes its just a matter of time before we get stung not slating last night but they way we played it was one of those ganes we coulda got stung we were no where near our best and gave them too much respect.

Theresa May

I understand the thinking behind Jones' familiarity with the pitch being an asset, but there's no way Kent isn't playing on Sunday, let's be honest here. The manager pretty much confirmed that when he referenced offloading some players ahead of Sunday - and Kent was one of those offloaded.

I'm also more inclined to see Aribo as one of the midfield 3, rather than as one of the front three - I think Aribo has more impact when he has more pitch in front of him. No qualms should he be played one up though.

Woodrow Call

Id have a front 3 of Barker, Morelos and Jones.
Kent on bench as needs a restas does Hagi us Jones knows the pitch.
Maybe try Zungu in a 3 with 2 from Kamara, Jack and Arfield. Rest Davis
Would also go with Balogun over Helander and even maybe Bassey for Borna

The only man in the world that would have Barker in a Rangers starting line up.

thedisher

Davis?

He was outstanding again last night, but we need to manage him carefully and not flog him to death.
Yes, most likely. Although I feel Jack and Kamara aren't as effective together rather than when one of them plays with Davis as they are very similar.

We definitely need to make sure we don't burn Davis out like last season though

dublinbear

Absolutely vital to get into a 2 goal lead on Sunday.

We’ve started games there well, then taken the foot off the pedal for some reason and ended up being caught.

thornhill bear

Arfield could maybe do with a rest. I think McLuaghlin will get the goalie jersey. Don’t think Roofe will be risked on that surface or Jack for that matter. Does Zungu make his debut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
change consent