Changing a bulb on a Samsung fridge

EKBB

Official Ticketer
Anyone done this themselves? Manual says you need to contact an engineer to do it. The case that covers the bulb doesn't have any screws to unscrew it off and I'm not having much success trying to prise it off.

Cheers. I was reading that at 3am. The joys of a newborn. Tried it though before starting this thread and I still can't get the cover off.

I had the same issue a while back. Just push the screwdriver into the slot and release (pull the cover towards you) the cover. Feels as though it's gonna break but its ok. Awkward but it it will come off.

I had the same issue a while back. Just push the screwdriver into the slot and release (pull the cover towards you) the cover. Feels as though it's gonna break but its ok. Awkward but it it will come off.
Do you push the screwdriver up the way at a 90 degree angle to the cover or push it into it parallel with it? Also can you remember where you got the bulb?

Cheers.

Anyone done this themselves? Manual says you need to contact an engineer to do it. The case that covers the bulb doesn't have any screws to unscrew it off and I'm not having much success trying to prise it off.

An engineer to change a fridge bulb? %^*& sake.

Do you push the screwdriver up the way at a 90 degree angle to the cover or push it into it parallel with it? Also can you remember where you got the bulb?

Cheers.
Keep the driver parallel with the slot. I got a Lamp from Ebay. Pennies for half a dozen.
Samsung-fridge-40W-bulb-holder.jpg

Ignore the arrow. The slot at the bottom.

Back