Channel 4 News Wednesday 26th Feb

buckster9719

HI guys
I posted on here last month and I thank everyone of you for the comments etc. Tonight you will get the chance to hear how the sex abuse problem in Scotland effects every football supporter in the land. Tommorrow nights program is the more damming evidence of how Keoghs have been instructed by the SFA;s insurers to quash all claims of responsibility. On BBC Radio Scotland on Thursday afternoon with John Beattie there is supposed to be an interview of the same subject with me.
I support my team as passionately as everyone on here however what we chant about on the terraces and what happened in changing rooms 35 yrs ago are two different subjects altogether. There are Celtic fans who have suffered like me. I ask that you remember that in every case of sex abuse within football - we were just kids, not adults with a pro contract - the duty of care was held by the SFA and the SAFA.
Today in the Times Marc Horne writes a feeder article of what will be shown on TV tonight and I have put in bold below the article.
Marc has been beside me on this for some time and without his encouragement I would not have come forward probably. Some on here may not have agreed with his previous articles however keeping in mind the hundreds of victims in Scotland alone - this is not a time to think this story is only about one side of Glasgow. He is a fine journalist and does do the hard yards to earn the respect within the media world - something that does happen easily.
We both sat down with the SFA head honcho in a meeting and they read my statements of what happened to me in the most graphic detail. I have decided to take my gloves off due to the response I got from their solicitors Keoghs last week -

Compelling evidence for the existence of a cross-border paedophile network will feature in an official report commissioned by the Scottish Football Association, it has emerged.

An independent review into sexual abuse within Scottish football is expected to deliver its final report within weeks. However, Martin Henry, chairman of the review panel, has told Channel 4 News that “substantive” new evidence has emerged which suggested that some notorious predators worked together to traffick young players.

Last month The Times published allegations that Barry Bennell, a former scout with Manchester City and Crewe Alexandra, and Jim McCafferty, a former Celtic kitman and boy’s club coach, were part of an organised abuse ring.

Bennell, 66, is serving a 30-year sentence for abusing boys on an “industrial scale”. McCafferty, 74, was jailed last year for molesting youngsters over a 24-year period.

One survivor, Malcolm Rodger — who has waived his right to anonymity — has presented new evidence, claiming that he was abused separately by McCafferty and Bennell after being introduced to them by Bill Kelly, a former coach with the now defunct West Lothian team Uphall Saints.

Kelly, 84, was jailed in 1987 for sexually assaulting at least 12 players, including Mr Rodger, at the club over a 22-year period. He served one year in prison.

Mr Henry confirmed that his inquiry had received information which suggested that prominent abusers in Scotland and England had been working together.

“We do have substantive information to suggest that has been the case,” he said. “If you’d asked me that question a month ago I would have said no.

“There was no substantive information that we had at that time that suggested any kind of organised abuse between Scotland and England under the auspices of football.

“We have had recent accounts that suggests that was very much the case. These have been passed to the English FA inquiry.

“I’m fully confident that the English FA inquiry will come up with recommendations every bit as detailed and robust as my own.”

Mr Rodger, 49, from Glasgow, was subjected to two years of abuse in the mid-1980s after attending games, trials and tournaments in Scotland, England and Spain.

He said that Kelly and McCafferty, whom he recognised as the trainer of the neighbouring Fauldhouse United, abused him together many times.

A year later Mr Rodger accompanied Kelly on a trip to Blackpool, where he was introduced to Bennell.

Mr Rodger told Channel 4 News that the abuse he received at the hands at Bennell made him physically sick.

“The following day Bill Kelly told me, if anybody was to ask anything, just to say that I’d eaten something that hadn’t agreed with me at dinner,” he said.

Mr Rodger, a decorated former serviceman who served in Bosnia, Northern Ireland and in the first Gulf War, said that he hoped his decision to speak out would convince others to come forward.

“Everybody in Scotland knows that abuse has taken place but it’s different when there’s a face, there’s a name that’s telling them that I was abused.” he said.

Kelly, a former secretary of the West Lothian Association of Youth Football Clubs, denies having any connection with Bennell or McCafferty.

The SFA said that it was awaiting the findings of the independent review.

I can't imagine what you went through and a applaud you for your strength in getting all of this in the public domain.
As you say this goes beyond football rivalry and there has to be a full and open public enquiry into what happened regard ing these and other scumbags who, the more comes to light, were a very well organised paedophile ring.

Very courageous from the OP and other victims to come forward and tell the world about the abuse they suffered

I hope you get through this mess and the guilty parties and not just the actual beasts are jailed but anybody who has openly covered up and suppressed this scandal

Shame on them for not doing the right and decent thing and calling the police and telling the authorities what happened

Hollicom and all other mhedia outlets and so called professional journalists should take heed of proper and decent professionals like Marc Horne who has fought against the unscrupulous deviants who are more concerned about Nonce FC’s reputation than getting the bastards jailed

I hope all the other victims get the support they need and the compensation they are due

Also the courts in Scotland need investigated re the pathetic jail terms for convicted paedos. Look at England and the different time beasts are jailed for

Scotland judiciary appears to think child sexual abuse is not a crime worthy of long sentences and that is also a scandal

My flash crawls when I think what these beasts did to youngsters who only ever wanted to play football. I hope that all of those involved are exposed and brought to justice whoever they are and that brings some comfort to the boys and hopefully closure.

Amazing show of strength to speak out. Hopefully you and all the other victims get the justice you deserve
And, as others have said, I hope justice is more appropriate than 1 year in jail for torturing 12 children and ruining their lives. That's a f'ing joke.

Let's get that independent inquiry going and keep the spotlight on it so we can be sure to turn the screws on all enablers like these judges as well as the abusers.

HI guys
I posted on here last month and I thank everyone of you for the comments etc. Tonight you will get the chance to hear how the sex abuse problem in Scotland effects every football supporter in the land. Tommorrow nights program is the more damming evidence of how Keoghs have been instructed by the SFA;s insurers to quash all claims of responsibility. On BBC Radio Scotland on Thursday afternoon with John Beattie there is supposed to be an interview of the same subject with me.
I support my team as passionately as everyone on here however what we chant about on the terraces and what happened in changing rooms 35 yrs ago are two different subjects altogether. There are Celtic fans who have suffered like me. I ask that you remember that in every case of sex abuse within football - we were just kids, not adults with a pro contract - the duty of care was held by the SFA and the SAFA.
Today in the Times Marc Horne writes a feeder article of what will be shown on TV tonight and I have put in bold below the article.
Marc has been beside me on this for some time and without his encouragement I would not have come forward probably. Some on here may not have agreed with his previous articles however keeping in mind the hundreds of victims in Scotland alone - this is not a time to think this story is only about one side of Glasgow. He is a fine journalist and does do the hard yards to earn the respect within the media world - something that does happen easily.
We both sat down with the SFA head honcho in a meeting and they read my statements of what happened to me in the most graphic detail. I have decided to take my gloves off due to the response I got from their solicitors Keoghs last week -

Compelling evidence for the existence of a cross-border paedophile network will feature in an official report commissioned by the Scottish Football Association, it has emerged.

An independent review into sexual abuse within Scottish football is expected to deliver its final report within weeks. However, Martin Henry, chairman of the review panel, has told Channel 4 News that “substantive” new evidence has emerged which suggested that some notorious predators worked together to traffick young players.

Last month The Times published allegations that Barry Bennell, a former scout with Manchester City and Crewe Alexandra, and Jim McCafferty, a former Celtic kitman and boy’s club coach, were part of an organised abuse ring.

Bennell, 66, is serving a 30-year sentence for abusing boys on an “industrial scale”. McCafferty, 74, was jailed last year for molesting youngsters over a 24-year period.

One survivor, Malcolm Rodger — who has waived his right to anonymity — has presented new evidence, claiming that he was abused separately by McCafferty and Bennell after being introduced to them by Bill Kelly, a former coach with the now defunct West Lothian team Uphall Saints.

Kelly, 84, was jailed in 1987 for sexually assaulting at least 12 players, including Mr Rodger, at the club over a 22-year period. He served one year in prison.

Mr Henry confirmed that his inquiry had received information which suggested that prominent abusers in Scotland and England had been working together.

“We do have substantive information to suggest that has been the case,” he said. “If you’d asked me that question a month ago I would have said no.

“There was no substantive information that we had at that time that suggested any kind of organised abuse between Scotland and England under the auspices of football.

“We have had recent accounts that suggests that was very much the case. These have been passed to the English FA inquiry.

“I’m fully confident that the English FA inquiry will come up with recommendations every bit as detailed and robust as my own.”

Mr Rodger, 49, from Glasgow, was subjected to two years of abuse in the mid-1980s after attending games, trials and tournaments in Scotland, England and Spain.

He said that Kelly and McCafferty, whom he recognised as the trainer of the neighbouring Fauldhouse United, abused him together many times.

A year later Mr Rodger accompanied Kelly on a trip to Blackpool, where he was introduced to Bennell.

Mr Rodger told Channel 4 News that the abuse he received at the hands at Bennell made him physically sick.

“The following day Bill Kelly told me, if anybody was to ask anything, just to say that I’d eaten something that hadn’t agreed with me at dinner,” he said.

Mr Rodger, a decorated former serviceman who served in Bosnia, Northern Ireland and in the first Gulf War, said that he hoped his decision to speak out would convince others to come forward.

“Everybody in Scotland knows that abuse has taken place but it’s different when there’s a face, there’s a name that’s telling them that I was abused.” he said.

Kelly, a former secretary of the West Lothian Association of Youth Football Clubs, denies having any connection with Bennell or McCafferty.

The SFA said that it was awaiting the findings of the independent review.

Massive respect to you Buckster, and genuinely hope that firstly others are inspired to be as brave as you have been, but also as others have said that this country deals proper sentences for these perverts that ruin most children’s lives that they impart themselves on.

Hope you get the outcome you and others deserve, you have suffered long enough we are all with you and your courage in coming forward is to be commended. I’ve nothing but total respect for you and others facing this and I’m glad you had Marc Horne with you he is a journalist who seems to want to see the truth be told more than we can say of our own journalists.

Very brave of you to come out with this and i really hope that you and any other victims of this horrible crime get the justice you deserve. I'm sure i speak for everyone on FF when i say we all stand next to you and good luck mate.

That's a tough read, god knows how you have found the strength and courage to continue your fight for justice. Hope you and every other victim of these evil bastards get the outcome you deserve along with some kind of peace.

I find that in today (2020) that an individual who has to forego his anonymity in this way in order to push for justice and a public enquiry in to sexual abuse within Scottish Football is disgusting. I feel the media in this country should be ashamed of themselves. They know what went on. They know who was covering it up yet they did not report it. I truly hope you get justice. I hope with all my being that all the young boys who were abused in this horrific manner get justice. As has been said, this is not a partisan football issue. It is an issue for society as a whole. A moral issue that we must not hide from. Those who hid or ignore the past are doomed to relive it.

Very courageous from the OP and other victims to come forward and tell the world about the abuse they suffered

I hope you get through this mess and the guilty parties and not just the actual beasts are jailed but anybody who has openly covered up and suppressed this scandal

Shame on them for not doing the right and decent thing and calling the police and telling the authorities what happened

Hollicom and all other mhedia outlets and so called professional journalists should take heed of proper and decent professionals like Marc Horne who has fought against the unscrupulous deviants who are more concerned about Nonce FC’s reputation than getting the bastards jailed

I hope all the other victims get the support they need and the compensation they are due

Also the courts in Scotland need investigated re the pathetic jail terms for convicted paedos. Look at England and the different time beasts are jailed for

Scotland judiciary appears to think child sexual abuse is not a crime worthy of long sentences and that is also a scandal

Having spent time volunteering to help troubled youngsters including victims of abuse I think the OP is a very courageous person and very strong to be able to tackle this issue head on in such a public way. My full respect it is people like this that shine a light on this sordid world

As to sentencing it is risible that abusers are treated so lightly. We simply don’t take this issue seriously enough. No where near seriously enough.

also those involved in cover up or not aggressively pursuing suspicions of abuse are equally as guilty as the abusers. They must be prosecuted with equal vigour.

Child abuse is a life sentence for every victim. No matter how strong the individual is or how much support it shapes their lives for ever.

So to the journalists pushing to expose the truth they should be lauded. They do us all a great service.

Total respect to the OP, I hope you and the others get the justice you deserve. It’s disgraceful, and indicative of the attitude to child abuse in Scotland, when you see Bennel got 30 years in England, whereas the abusers in Scotland got the equivalent of a slapped wrist.

Everytime I read about this abuse my stomach turns inside out, I get angry and want to do damage to these fuckers. Then I get upset. I'm away to calm down and refocus. Fucking shameful what happened to you

Massive respect and admiration for you @buckster9719, to have the bravery to stand up and be counted, and tell your story can't have been easy.

Good luck in the future and i hope this is the start of you and others getting some resolve from the past you have had to endure with little support.

This goes way beyond point scoring and football rivalries.

I hope the truth prevails, and every single person who committed or facilitated child abuse has to face the consequences.

Child abuse is one of the most heinous crimes a human can commit. The repercussions last a lifetime with many of the victims unable to live a normal, happy life. It is also possible it can last more than a lifetime, as it can also leave a legacy which affects the victims offspring.

The sentences for the guilty should reflect the seriousness of their acts.

It's just heart breaking to read about the Ops horrific treatment. For the SFA to state they only heard about this recently absolutely beggars belief. We are living in the dark ages.
To the OP, my thoughts are with you and all the victims.

I’m not even going to pretend to understand what you have been through buckster. I applaud your courage and determination to fight this injustice. That goes for all the victims, no matter what club it happened at.
This crime cuts through the the beliefs, prejudices and structures we have in order to live in a peaceful society. That this has happened to children, who placed their trust in adults, and had their innocence stolen, should anger every single adult in Scotland, no matter their allegiances. This should be a turning point that galvanises us all into calling for an inquiry. No stone should be left unturned in our quest for justice and truth, no matter how painful it is to admit we as a society have failed these victims.

I commend your bravery and I’m very sorry for what you went through. Let’s hope those that covered this up and allowed it to continue are severely punished alongside the perpetrators of the crimes.

Back