Channel 4 News Wednesday 26th Feb

HI guys
I posted on here last month and I thank everyone of you for the comments etc. Tonight you will get the chance to hear how the sex abuse problem in Scotland effects every football supporter in the land. Tommorrow nights program is the more damming evidence of how Keoghs have been instructed by the SFA;s insurers to quash all claims of responsibility. On BBC Radio Scotland on Thursday afternoon with John Beattie there is supposed to be an interview of the same subject with me.
I support my team as passionately as everyone on here however what we chant about on the terraces and what happened in changing rooms 35 yrs ago are two different subjects altogether. There are Celtic fans who have suffered like me. I ask that you remember that in every case of sex abuse within football - we were just kids, not adults with a pro contract - the duty of care was held by the SFA and the SAFA.
Today in the Times Marc Horne writes a feeder article of what will be shown on TV tonight and I have put in bold below the article.
Marc has been beside me on this for some time and without his encouragement I would not have come forward probably. Some on here may not have agreed with his previous articles however keeping in mind the hundreds of victims in Scotland alone - this is not a time to think this story is only about one side of Glasgow. He is a fine journalist and does do the hard yards to earn the respect within the media world - something that does happen easily.
We both sat down with the SFA head honcho in a meeting and they read my statements of what happened to me in the most graphic detail. I have decided to take my gloves off due to the response I got from their solicitors Keoghs last week -

Compelling evidence for the existence of a cross-border paedophile network will feature in an official report commissioned by the Scottish Football Association, it has emerged.

An independent review into sexual abuse within Scottish football is expected to deliver its final report within weeks. However, Martin Henry, chairman of the review panel, has told Channel 4 News that “substantive” new evidence has emerged which suggested that some notorious predators worked together to traffick young players.

Last month The Times published allegations that Barry Bennell, a former scout with Manchester City and Crewe Alexandra, and Jim McCafferty, a former Celtic kitman and boy’s club coach, were part of an organised abuse ring.

Bennell, 66, is serving a 30-year sentence for abusing boys on an “industrial scale”. McCafferty, 74, was jailed last year for molesting youngsters over a 24-year period.

One survivor, Malcolm Rodger — who has waived his right to anonymity — has presented new evidence, claiming that he was abused separately by McCafferty and Bennell after being introduced to them by Bill Kelly, a former coach with the now defunct West Lothian team Uphall Saints.

Kelly, 84, was jailed in 1987 for sexually assaulting at least 12 players, including Mr Rodger, at the club over a 22-year period. He served one year in prison.

Mr Henry confirmed that his inquiry had received information which suggested that prominent abusers in Scotland and England had been working together.

“We do have substantive information to suggest that has been the case,” he said. “If you’d asked me that question a month ago I would have said no.

“There was no substantive information that we had at that time that suggested any kind of organised abuse between Scotland and England under the auspices of football.

“We have had recent accounts that suggests that was very much the case. These have been passed to the English FA inquiry.

“I’m fully confident that the English FA inquiry will come up with recommendations every bit as detailed and robust as my own.”

Mr Rodger, 49, from Glasgow, was subjected to two years of abuse in the mid-1980s after attending games, trials and tournaments in Scotland, England and Spain.

He said that Kelly and McCafferty, whom he recognised as the trainer of the neighbouring Fauldhouse United, abused him together many times.

A year later Mr Rodger accompanied Kelly on a trip to Blackpool, where he was introduced to Bennell.

Mr Rodger told Channel 4 News that the abuse he received at the hands at Bennell made him physically sick.

“The following day Bill Kelly told me, if anybody was to ask anything, just to say that I’d eaten something that hadn’t agreed with me at dinner,” he said.

Mr Rodger, a decorated former serviceman who served in Bosnia, Northern Ireland and in the first Gulf War, said that he hoped his decision to speak out would convince others to come forward.

“Everybody in Scotland knows that abuse has taken place but it’s different when there’s a face, there’s a name that’s telling them that I was abused.” he said.

Kelly, a former secretary of the West Lothian Association of Youth Football Clubs, denies having any connection with Bennell or McCafferty.

The SFA said that it was awaiting the findings of the independent review.

An incredibly brave man. All the very best mate I hope the horrible bastards spent the last of their miserable existences locked in a cell in a special wing 23 hours a day.

Massive respect for speaking up about this so publicly.

OP, I can’t articulate just how proud I am of you!!
Amazing strength and bravery.
I hope you, and all the victims, get both justice and peace!
In addition, whatever club or association are guilty of neglect or abuse get dragged through the courts and punished

Total respect cant even begin to understand the scars this must leave. Thoughts are with you and all the others that have suffered

Standing shoulder to shoulder with you and all other survivors of this vile abuse and consequent cover up by the authorities and the cesspit club.

today is the beginning, and hopefully all with come clear.
My thought exactly, I commend your bravery, this will not be an easy time for you and your family. Maybe, just maybe this will help you to start the healing process.

My skins crawling just reading this. I sincerely hope justice is done and they get what's due to them. Hope one day you can find closure. Well done for being so strong

To @buckster9719 and @Chesterfield loyal, I hope you, along with anyone else who has suffered at the hands of animals like this, get the justice you deserve.

For a supposed football mad country, we've massively let down anyone with dreams of making it in the game.

Whether kids were victims or not, Scotland has put the perpetrators first on every occasion and put many many more at risk.

Best of luck in getting justice for yourself, and all the other poor souls out there, affected by these hideous crimes.

Taking all football rivalry aside as that seems to be some peoples defence of these crimes.Society as a whole is fu**ed if any organisation or individual try to cover up the suffering that the victims of these deeds have had to endure.I am disgusted that lawyers etc stand up for the people responsible for the crimes when they know they are 100% guilty.Anyone who has taken away childrens innocence with their revolting actions do not deserve a place within society ever.

Taking all football rivalry aside as that seems to be some peoples defence of these crimes.Society as a whole is fu**ed if any organisation or individual try to cover up the suffering that the victims of these deeds have had to endure.I am disgusted that lawyers etc stand up for the people responsible for the crimes when they know they are 100% guilty.Anyone who has taken away childrens innocence with their revolting actions do not deserve a place within society ever.
Also the people who knew, SFA,Celtic FC and Celtic FC employees,Scottish media/press should hang their heads in shame how anyone can justify in protecting the beasts who did this are every bit as bad as the ones who commited these disgusting acts.

God bless and give you strength. All authority's in scotland are a shameful disgrace. The biggest disgrace of all are the media in this country for suppressing the information they had before them. People will never forget the media in scotland in their hour of need.

Well done for having the courage to speak out. I hope you find some peace with things going forward. People like yourself will undoubtedly have helped and will continue to help stop other innocent kids from suffering the horrendous things that happened. You have my upmost admiration for speaking out.

we are all with you mate.its horrific what you lads have suffered and i hope you all get the justice and answers you deserve.how its taken this long is a scandal.

Two of the major clubs mentioned have a father at one who is high heid, and the son is at the club who have just got a 2 year ban on europe for FFP, ( no connection main article ) but the father and son at two main clubs under the spotlight is it a coincidence.

If hollycom gets involved then theres something.

It must make you raging when the club you support deny all liability. There will always be predators where there are children unfortunately but it’s how these beasts are dealt with and to cover up and deny it has anything to do with them is disgusting. I sincerely hope you and the other survivors get the justice you deserve. You are so brave x

Last edited:
My BB leader is a convicted pedo, he had strong links with the East Fife Chairman at the time Julian Danskin, so much so that at one camp we were given the opportunity to take penalties on the pitch at half time. The thought of this stuff makes me feel sick looking back on it, I was one of the lucky ones.

These people operate where there is opportunity, they find each other and help each other. They are allowed to grow where no-one stops them and they develop power. Horrific bastards.

I stand with you @buckster9719

I sincerely hope that after all this time, the truth will out, and every last one of the perpetrators of this horrendous crime against innocent kids, will be brought to justice.

My fear was that those who knew and those who turned a blind eye and ignored this, were becoming fewer and fewer as the years went on, and that it would never be investigated properly.

Guys like yourself deserve enormous credit for your determination and perseverance to see this through to a fitting conclusion.

Cannot imagine how difficult it must have been to speak openly about this to complete strangers, and explain to them exactly what abuse took place.

Thank you for speaking out, you have went the extra mile and in turn it will help other survivors who remain silenced at the moment, your courageous action will hopefully go a long way to ensure justice is served on the abusers, both imprisoned and still at large and hopefully encourage more victims to come forward.

Buckster,

I hope you get full justice served on those who preyed on innocence and wrecked many a family, these beasts are the lowest form of humanity in their quest for their perversion, they not only preyed on the young but usually picked on the poor boys who didn’t have a Dad at home so lulled them into thinking that they were a father figure to be trusted.

I know you and many others are out for justice and understanding of others of what you had to go through during you formative years which in many cases carried on right up to this day whether through broken marriages or the guilt you hold for not being strong enough to stop it,let me tell you that you’re all some of the strongest Men that walk this earth and hopefully it done right by our courts and society this time to end the torment you have all been placed under for decades.

keep strong along with each and every other victim no matter what the colour of the shirt the beasts represented.

Buckster, I bow to you sir.

I've watched a few programmes regarding how difficult it is for the victims to come forward in all this.

If it's not a problem for you, could you maybe give us an insight into how difficult this decision to speak openly about it is.

I feel some people are not really appreciating how difficult the decision can be.

I wish you all the very best

Hoping that you and fellow abuse victims get justice for the heinous abuse. For the governing body of Scottish football to denial all responsibility should be unbelievable but sadly not in the country that we live

Hoping that you and fellow abuse victims get justice for the heinous abuse. For the governing body of Scottish football to denial all responsibility should be unbelievable but sadly not in the country that we live

Nevermind for Scottish Football denying what about the shameful SNP bastards in Government doing fck all.

That club in particular should be turned upside down from top to bottom and thoroughly investigated Penn State style.

What does this shite hole country government do?

Fck all to protect their Papist votes.

Total respect to the OP, I hope you and the others get the justice you deserve. It’s disgraceful, and indicative of the attitude to child abuse in Scotland, when you see Bennel got 30 years in England, whereas the abusers in Scotland got the equivalent of a slapped wrist.

This. It disgusts me.

Well done you, your testimony will go a long way in encouraging and supporting those who are long overdue justice and closure.

A lot of respect for you Sir , a lot!

What time is the program on at I have checked channel 4 TV guide n I can’t see it guys anyone know

Nevermind for Scottish Football denying what about the shameful SNP bastards in Government doing fck all.

That club in particular should be turned upside down from top to bottom and thoroughly investigated Penn State style.

What does this shite hole country government do?

Fck all to protect their Papist votes.
Aye only have to look at this joke of a countries government, finance secretary do I need to add anything, justice secretary know scum fan, first minister against anything British. Maybe if this gets highlighted more down south Westminster might start wanting serious questions answered

Buckster, I bow to you sir.

I've watched a few programmes regarding how difficult it is for the victims to come forward in all this.

If it's not a problem for you, could you maybe give us an insight into how difficult this decision to speak openly about it is.

I feel some people are not really appreciating how difficult the decision can be.

I wish you all the very best
My quest and decision to go public is so that the other victims know we can stand tall. Those responsible will answer to their crimes in this life or the next. I can meet my maker and say I did my duty, served my country on the battlefield and off it. A soldier never lies down and accepts defeat. I dont intend to change that

My quest and decision to go public is so that the other victims know we can stand tall. Those responsible will answer to their crimes in this life or the next. I can meet my maker and say I did my duty, served my country on the battlefield and off it. A soldier never lies down and accepts defeat. I dont intend to change that
Thanks for the reply and as i said, I bow to you. Very brave man

A very real and genuine public enquiry into the filthy things that have been covered up in Scotland needs to be done, and the people who have knowingly participated should be named, shamed and punished unfortunately the SNP are active participants in the cover up.

I have the utmost respect for Mr Rodger on waiving his anonimity.

There is no satisfaction watching this report, just disgust that even after new evidence is brought to light, denials are still being voiced.

Caught most of that, powerful.
Mr. Rodger has my respect and admiration, a very brave man. He cannot be let down by our corrupt political and legal systems.

CH4 now hammering Polis and Prosecutors over drug deaths, too.

Amazingly brave what you have done in speaking up, hopefully your words will resonate with those who still suffer in silence, I really hope you and all the victims of abuse get their day in court and get some kind of peace in life.

I was utterly speechless at the quote from that Lord, who passed down that God awful embarrassment of a sentence stating the victims appeared to show no long term Ill effects to the disgusting abuse they were subjected to, that was shocking and I hope he is no longer in his position.

All the best to you and everyone affected, I don't have the words to offer you anything other than 100% support going forward

Back