Characters from Ibrox (supporters).

Paulie Walnuts

When people mention Characters from Ibrox (supporters), immediately you likely think of the Copland Nutter, Santa from the Enclosure etc.

Years ago in the West Enclosure there was a big guy (I'm sure he was called Kenny) - tattoos on his face, shaved head, the biggest RFC gold chain round his neck, and he was always chanting the odds at opposition support (who were, at the time, located in BF1).
He was hilarious and kept everyone going with his mad chants.
For some reason Rock Steady weren't his biggest fan right enough :))

There was also a guy we nicknamed (very originally) "Orange Hat Guy" and he ALWAYS got lobbed out for shouting at the away support. We used to run a sweep on what minute of the game he'd get chucked out.
In the quietest, poorest 0-0 draw v the likes of Dunfermline he'd be up belting it out, challenging them to a square go etc :))

Who are the characters you remember from your years at Ibrox?
Are they still there?

Last edited:
Guy sat in front of me (Copland rear old yellow section halfway up)for 20 years.He was late every week absolutely bladdered.Gave away pies chocolate etc to anyone sitting around him.Always left early and jumped up whistled at random times clapping his hands and pointing left or right towards the wings.Went for years then disappeared.Anyway I meet him at the big walk one July and I said how you doing mate?Where you been?He’s looking at me as if to say who the fu*k are you?I say I sit behind you at Ibrox.He is clueless.sat 2 rows behind you for 15-20 years spoke to you umpteen times?Yet stone cold sober didn’t know me. :oops:

Last edited:
When people mention Characters from Ibrox (supporters), immediately you likely think of the Copland Nutter, Santa from the Enclosure etc.

Years ago in the West Enclosure there was a big guy (I'm sure he was called Kenny) - tattoos on his face, shaved head, the biggest RFC gold chain round his neck, and he was always chanting the odds at opposition support (who were, at the time, located in BF1).
He was hilarious and kept everyone going with his mad chants.
For some reason Rock Steady weren't his biggest fan right enough :))

There was also a guy we nicknamed (very originally) "Orange Hat Guy" and he ALWAYS got lobbed out for shouting at the away support. We used to run a sweep on what minute of the game he'd get chucked out.
In the quietest, poorest 0-0 draw v the likes of Dunfermline he'd be up belting it out, challenging them to a square go etc :))

Who are the characters you remember from your years at Ibrox?
Are they still there?
Kenny was a tattooist and had a shop in Hamilton.His daughter runs it now.
I could be wrong but I think Kenny is banned for life from Ibrox

The blonde girl who used to sell the FF fanzine at the bottom of Copland Road. 15 year old Amity used to fancy the pants off her.

Yep. That rings a bell.

The mental two old woman (twins) who were hyper as %^*&! When I worked in the sauchiehall street shop I used to always get cornered by them and have to talk about Rangers for 20-30 minutes when I was supposed to be working. They were a good laugh but always awkward when the boss was about and your trying to sort out a display or something and they are jabbering away to you :))

Guy sat in front of me (Copland rear old yellow section halfway up)for 20 years.He was late every week absolutely bladdered.Gave away pies chocolate etc to anyone sitting around him.Always left early and jumped up whistled at random times clapping his hands and pointing left or right towards the wings.Went for years then disappeared.Anyway I meet him at the big walk one July and I said how you doing mate?Where you been?He’s looking at me as if to say who the fu*k are you?I say I sit behind you at Ibrox.He is clueless.sat 2 rows behind u for 15-20 years spoke to you umpteen times?Yet stone cold sober didn’t know me. :oops:
You in row w or x ?

Don’t know the guys name but I suppose a ‘different’ kind of supporter is the guy that goes to games with no top on I believe it’s due to a health condition so not slagging the guy or anything.

I remember he ended up on the tv when we played Ayr in the cup a few years ago when it’s was absolutely belting down with rain and snow

Don’t know the guys name but I suppose a ‘different’ kind of supporter is the guy that goes to games with no top on I believe it’s due to a health condition so not slagging the guy or anything.

I remember he ended up on the tv when we played Ayr in the cup a few years ago when it’s was absolutely belting down with rain and snow
Naked bear think it is a medical issue, it’s got to be

'Rangers til i die' Pogo fae the Kings Park Loyal.

Always wearing the colourful hats. Some hat collection the guys got. A great character.

A good loyal bear who follows everywhere and anywhere.
Mind the other wee guy what wore the hat with all the badges on them? Haven’t seen him for a wee while right enough. Always see Pogo can’t really miss him haha

Aye think that’s him, still a massive Rangers fan he is. We went to a lot of European games with us in the BLRSC.
I will try and get his name mate. He use to come in govan bowling club before games too. Was a character and good lad. Meant him loads of euro trips.

when john greig was manager, there was an old guy in the west enclosure next to the tunnel.
he was about 6 foot tall and immaculate with club tie, suit, not a hair out of place, glasses on etc.
the teams would emerge and he would applaud and shout polite encouragement to the players.
when john greig came out it was if someone flicked a switch.
"greig, resign ya imposter, resign, etc"
the hair was all over the place, the tie was halfway round his back, glasses askew on his by now red face.
every single home game.

Maybe not a character but there is/was a woman in the copland front that always has a kermit the frog cuddly toy with her at games.

Back