Characters from Ibrox (supporters).

On that bus a fair few times when my own bus not running: mate was a member. Was one of those buses where everybody seemed to have a nickname lol.
Load of us used to travel through from Fife to go on the nithsdale had some great/mad times on them mate and made alot of good friends

Load of us used to travel through from Fife to go on the nithsdale had some great/mad times on them mate and made alot of good friends
For a bus from the southside on certain trips it picked up and dropped folk off all over Scotland it seemed.
"we are just coming aff here tae pick a up a guy/couple of bods..." as half the bus is looking out window to find out what motorway off ramp we were exiting at this time haha.

Everyone knew about the macaroon-Mars bars guy in the enclosure.
He must’ve been gutted at all seater stadiums.
No reason why they cant bring back guys selling stuff from a tray, standing at the bottom of the aisles, a bit like they used to do in the Pictures (what ?....they stopped doing that too ?)
Would do well and help the Q's on the concourse.

When I was a kid there was a seriously old guy called Alec who sat in front of us, looked like he could barley make it up the stairs, he used to bring sweets for all the kids before the game and chatted away to everyone around him wether he knew them or not, lovely old guy

Then the game started and he would be up shouting and swearing at the ref and opposition for the full first half until he ran out of steam and would sometimes fall asleep :)

Harry Potter that sits in the Govan Rear. Every euro trip I used to do on different buses he’d end up on it haha
That reminds me I remember we played Kilmarnock at home and one of their fans was a dead ringer for Harry Potter and was getting wound up and everyone in the Broomloan was singing “Harry! Geez a spell, Harry Harry geez a spell!” “Harry! What’s the score?! Harry Harry what’s the score?!”

Getting auld noo. Season ticket in the Govan front years ago, a guy Archie Bone I think, used to run a bus from the Stirling area. Great laugh every home game. Had us all in stitches with his shouting.

Not Rangers but anybody remember the old burd that was in the away end when Elgin came to Ibrox. She was out her nut and raving to the music on the tannoy. They put her on the big screens.

I'm sure I read somewhere that she has quite a professional job like a teacher or something, but she suffers from periodic spells of mental illness which is why she was dancing.

Have posted this before, we all worked with the railway early 80’s free pass all over Scotland watching the Rangers, the original ICF :p
Used to see at the games a big guy we called bid daddy skinhead, spitting image of buster blood vessel and his gang.
Anyway Easter road big daddy and his mob annihilated the hibs mob on the big terracing, quite a few Hearts fans involved that day as their game got postponed.
We all went up to Aberdeen later in the season, after the game there was about 10-15 of us trying to get into pubs top of Kings street?
Suddenly coming up the road there is about 40-50 if not more Aberdeen fans, this was just when they were getting organised, police trying to keep them away from us, suddenly they stopped and started backing away we thought it was us and started acting all Danny Dyer, but it was big Daddy and his gang, they had seen him and though nah.
Anybody actually know who he was?

Getting auld noo. Season ticket in the Govan front years ago, a guy Archie Bone I think, used to run a bus from the Stirling area. Great laugh every home game. Had us all in stitches with his shouting.
Archie ran the Fallin Bus I’m sure. I think there’s a street named after him in Fallin as he done a lot of work with the local community in the mining village.

Don’t know the guys name but I suppose a ‘different’ kind of supporter is the guy that goes to games with no top on I believe it’s due to a health condition so not slagging the guy or anything.

I remember he ended up on the tv when we played Ayr in the cup a few years ago when it’s was absolutely belting down with rain and snow

Yeah he never wore any upper clothing. A skin or temperature if I remember rightly.

Everyone on that bus is a character in their own way!

Can I also nominate the chap who runs the Kinning Park Loyal. The patter on european trips is something else. Churchillian even.

Need to second this, no rangers fan can have a bad word about him.

I
I'm sure I read somewhere that she has quite a professional job like a teacher or something, but she suffers from periodic spells of mental illness which is why she was dancing.

I didn’t know that. I thought she just had a mad bus journey and was enjoying her day oot.

Andy the old guy from Ulster. Always wears a beret with a Rangers badge on it. See him at all the games home and abroad.
Sits in the GE corner and has a bit of trouble walking now. Great character.

I know him well, he used to sit behind me in the EE

Andy the old guy from Ulster. Always wears a beret with a Rangers badge on it. See him at all the games home and abroad.
Sits in the GE corner and has a bit of trouble walking now. Great character.
I know the guy you mean. Travelled over on the bus with him many a time. Loves a Rangers alphabet quiz!

Everyone on that bus is a character in their own way!

Can I also nominate the chap who runs the Kinning Park Loyal. The patter on european trips is something else. Churchillian even.
Think its Stuart his name and you're correct he is a great laugh. He was on our bus to Villarreal from Benidorm. I'm positive Archie Knox wrote about him in his book regarding the game v Leeds at elland road where he was dressed in full Leeds attire to blend in.

Sure he was from Inverness way
Remember being across for the Tel Aviv game and a local tv channel were interviewing Rangers fans. Pretty sure it was Satan 666 that was telling the news crew a story when one of his mates came up behind him and started playing with his Mohican style haircut - he was not best pleased at this but think the tv crew enjoyed. I am sure he would remember this (if it was him)

Another old favourite from this board - Manticore was also present on that day.

Still see the Naked Bear in Ayr from time to time,Bitterest cold days and he’s nicking about in a vest.

Story goes he got locked in an industrial refrigerator and his nerves are fucked so can’t feel the cold and clothes irritate his skin.

So many memories on this thread.

Kenny did two of my tattoos and his daughter designed my five stars.

Was at a bar with the copland nutter where one of the Cambuslang Brittanias guy's wife had her 40th.

And who can forget Gadger. Larger than life character who's love for Rangers was second to none.

I used to go to a few reserve and youth games and everytime the big man was there.

Latest posts

Back