Charity Foundation proposal for Ibrox Complex

Overall a great move on many levels, not least the benefits delivered to those in most need of affordable sports facilities. However, it does stick in my craw that once more our magnificent football club has had to embarrass our so called political leaders and try to rise above their petty sectarian led policies and also fund this project. Meanwhile another club in the same city just takes, takes, takes from the public purse.

Overall a great move on many levels, not least the benefits delivered to those in most need of affordable sports facilities. However, it does stick in my craw that once more our magnificent football club has had to embarrass our so called political leaders and try to rise above their petty sectarian led policies and also fund this project. Meanwhile another club in the same city just takes, takes, takes from the public purse.

Personally I wish the club would just buy it outright . Save a load of hassle in the future .

Yes, disgraceful the lengths we have had to go to, while the mhanks have had millions of pounds of taxpayers’ cash handed to them on a plate.

The proposal if in and of itself.

However, the current Board's record on redevelopment around the ground is a complete and utter %^*& up consigning us to a lack of real choice or expansion or meaningful development for two lifetimes at least.

Surely if the rangers charity foundation are taking over the upkeep of the complex including laying of a new pitch and facilities then the club should be able to use it for the fanzone ,i would be amazed if this was not the case

The proposal if in and of itself.

However, the current Board's record on redevelopment around the ground is a complete and utter %^*& up consigning us to a lack of real choice or expansion or meaningful development for two lifetimes at least.
The board get off lightly on this from fans - or there is lack of awareness as it has conveniently not had a lot of coverage.

For all the good stuff the current board have done, this was certainly a major f.uck up and they appear to be getting off lightly.

Surely if the rangers charity foundation are taking over the upkeep of the complex including laying of a new pitch and facilities then the club should be able to use it for the fanzone ,i would be amazed if this was not the case
If it goes ahead it will be redevoloped for that purpose because of the community card played by the bigots this is the only way forward with it now for the forseeable future

Yes, disgraceful the lengths we have had to go to, while the mhanks have had millions of pounds of taxpayers’ cash handed to them on a plate.

While this is well intentioned by both the club and the charity foundation, it’s ludicrous the lengths we’ve had to go to to placate and appease those desperate to f*ck us over and prevent the club improving both fan experience and club income.

This is a facility that’s rarely used and going downhill fast in terms of quality of facilities and their upkeep and maintenance. Rangers being involved is fantastic opportunity to massively upgrade them for the benefit of the local community and allow Rangers to generate some extra income and improve fan experience on match days.

A sure fire “win-win” however I suspect we’ve not heard the last from those that tried to block and sabotage a local businesses legitimate plans to improve the facilities and their use. We called them out publicly (& quite rightly IMO) so watch for them take any opportunity for revenge.

My predictions:

A rental charge that’s way OTT for the current condition of the facility, the work needing done to it, and precedence set elsewhere in the city. They’ll try and squeeze as much out of us as possible.

Onerous lease terms in respect of the upgrading and maintenance required to the facilities which GCC will contribute zero to.

A lot of conditions of the lease relating to fan behaviour, alcohol consumption and a few thrown in which will limit the type of activities allowed on match day. All it’ll take is one p*ssed up fan taking a leak behind a tree and GCC will ensure there are headlines plastered all over the place about “appalling drunken behaviour in front of kids” meaning the lease may be withdrawn. They’ll be desperate to be able to take a “we told you so” stance and generate bad PR for the club and support at the same time.

While this is well intentioned by both the club and the charity foundation, it’s ludicrous the lengths we’ve had to go to to placate and appease those desperate to f*ck us over and prevent the club improving both fan experience and club income.

This is a facility that’s rarely used and going downhill fast in terms of quality of facilities and their upkeep and maintenance. Rangers being involved is fantastic opportunity to massively upgrade them for the benefit of the local community and allow Rangers to generate some extra income and improve fan experience on match days.

A sure fire “win-win” however I suspect we’ve not heard the last from those that tried to block and sabotage a local businesses legitimate plans to improve the facilities and their use. We called them out publicly (& quite rightly IMO) so watch for them take any opportunity for revenge.

My predictions:

A rental charge that’s way OTT for the current condition of the facility, the work needing done to it, and precedence set elsewhere in the city. They’ll try and squeeze as much out of us as possible.

Onerous lease terms in respect of the upgrading and maintenance required to the facilities which GCC will contribute zero to.

A lot of conditions of the lease relating to fan behaviour, alcohol consumption and a few thrown in which will limit the type of activities allowed on match day. All it’ll take is one p*ssed up fan taking a leak behind a tree and GCC will ensure there are headlines plastered all over the place about “appalling drunken behaviour in front of kids” meaning the lease may be withdrawn. They’ll be desperate to be able to take a “we told you so” stance and generate bad PR for the club and support at the same time.
While they hand over land to the mentally challengeds for a fanzone. They’ll probably even build it for them.

Nothing the club - from Murray onwards were not warned about and failed to act on. Our own fault.

Ive seen you post several times on this subject mate.

Im guessing you spoke to the club about this?

To dave king/paul murray et al?

What was their response?

It's became a white Elephant that our Foundation is going to pay for, with a lease GCC hold all the cards. We effectively run and maintain it for them, without a doubt we will improve it overall , but building maintenance and improvements should be down to the Leaseholder. Uless the rent or lease is a stipend say £100 per annum, with no increases in rent in the term of the lease.

Nothing the club - from Murray onwards were not warned about and failed to act on. Our own fault.
So much land around our stadium and we never took advantage of it.
Can remember Murrays pie in the sky dream about St Anthonys ground being rebuilt as a reserve stadium whilst across the road the old housing had been flattened and the land lying empty.
I dont know the full ins and outs but surely that was land we should have snapped up at the time.

Good move and probably the only one open to us because of the bigots on the snp led council.
As has been said we should have bought the land round Ibrox years ago. The labour council at the time were no friends to us but seemed a lot better to deal with than the current papes.
Hopefully a long lease at a minimal cost could lead to us buying it from a hopefully less bigoted council in the future.

This bit of the statement has to be a piss take surely

“The Foundation and the club enjoy an excellent working relationship with Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Life and many other groups in our immediate community and beyond.

Not only the sports pitch, we need to take total control of Edmiston Drive. Pressure should be made to Councillors to close the road 100 yards either side of the Stadium and make it a pedestrian zone only.

Health and safety reasons for both match days and school days is as good a reason as any. It would also save the polis having to park 6 vans (3 at each side) to avert a terrorist attack every match day.

This bit of the statement has to be a piss take surely

“The Foundation and the club enjoy an excellent working relationship with Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Life and many other groups in our immediate community and beyond.
Not really,the charity foundation work alongside both Glasgow life and GCC and also recieve funding for some of the projects they do.

Absolutely on the money here. These so called civic leaders bang on about sectarianism and aim most of their comments at us while at the same time indulging in sectarian practices themselves. Sleazy politicians adopting double standards when it suits. Same old same old !!!

I would prefer us to own it but unless it's on a long lease at a peppercorn rent I would worry that the council will try to hammer us for rent and upkeep . If it falls through they blame us for trying to get it on cheap.

If we eventually own it would it not be fantastic to have new blue fencing put up opposite the stadium with a huge rfc gate opposite the front doors to let the fans in and out of our fanzone :)

Back