Charlie Adam - Rangers Will Win The League By 4 Points

Jan Žižka

:cool:

Charlie Adam has stated that Steven Gerrard has not surpassed expectations at Rangers as he also predicted that his former club will win the Scottish Premiership title by four points.

Rangers are currently two points ahead of their Old Firm rivals Celtic in the table, with their 5-0 win over Hamilton, and Neil Lennon's side losing a Livington prior to the international break moving the Gers to the top.

Speaking to Sportsound on BBC Radio Scotland, Adam shared his thoughts on Rangers, their manager, as he also made his title prediction.

"Rangers were going to eventually become stronger," Adam told Sportsound. "Everybody is saying the gap is closing, and it is, but Celtic are still the ones to catch and Rangers will just be sitting in the background quietly.

On whether Gerrard has surpassed his expectations: "No. He has managed the way he has wanted and the style he has set - the biggest disappointment was the result last week against Young Boys. Apart from that this season, they have been in good form.

"The Old Firm was a disappointing match. But two points clear during this international break, he will be delighted - I think Rangers will win the title by four points."

Not specific enough Charlie.

I demand to know if he thinks we will have already won it by the last game of the season and the last game will be one long party.

Or we will be ahead going into the last game but will win a helicopter sunday style day.

Tell me Charlie.

As long as we win it, I don't care if it's by scoring one more goal after a jammy deflection in off Kevin Clancy's arse in the 96th minute of the final game.

Charlie Adam has stated that Steven Gerrard has not surpassed expectations at Rangers as he also predicted that his former club will win the Scottish Premiership title by four points.

Rangers are currently two points ahead of their Old Firm rivals Celtic in the table, with their 5-0 win over Hamilton, and Neil Lennon's side losing a Livington prior to the international break moving the Gers to the top.

Speaking to Sportsound on BBC Radio Scotland, Adam shared his thoughts on Rangers, their manager, as he also made his title prediction.

"Rangers were going to eventually become stronger," Adam told Sportsound. "Everybody is saying the gap is closing, and it is, but Celtic are still the ones to catch and Rangers will just be sitting in the background quietly.

On whether Gerrard has surpassed his expectations: "No. He has managed the way he has wanted and the style he has set - the biggest disappointment was the result last week against Young Boys. Apart from that this season, they have been in good form.

"The Old Firm was a disappointing match. But two points clear during this international break, he will be delighted - I think Rangers will win the title by four points."
4 ? I want it wrapped by the split

Think it was hilarious that he snuck on with Gerrard at the weekend, minimizing the likelihood he'd be booed. :D

He was never my favorite player and was over the moon when he left but one thing I would never do is boo him because at the end of the day he’s one of us.

His comments from a few years ago about not caring about Rangers, when we were sent down the leagues. Surely this isn't the first your hearing about it?
Not sure he ever said about not caring other than it was nothing to do with him other than his brother. Also not sure why anyone would actively boo a former player for turning out in a charity game.

He was never getting booed mate, nor should he when he's supporting a Rangers charity event.

I was thinking that at the game. It would have been absolutely ridiculous to boo someone at a charity game.

On a side note, I couldn't believe the size of him as a current professional footballer. He is going to go full on Razor Ruddock when he retires.

Think it was hilarious that he snuck on with Gerrard at the weekend, minimizing the likelihood he'd be booed. :D
Did ye? Personally i thought it reflected bad on us that some might have booed which meant that was how he was brought on.

That will be the last time he is invited on Sportsound that’s for sure

As above, nice to see an ex-Rangers player actually saying something good about the club. A positive comment from Adam and one I actually agree with - although, not sure about the actual points difference idea. It's going to be tight if we do manage to win this campaign but what a fucking day it'll be if it does happen.

Don’t give a flying fcuk How many points we win it by as long as we win it , a deflected goal in the last minute of injury time to Win it on goal difference will do me nicely

I would like it to be wrapped up at our last home match please Rangers, i don't think i could handle the nerves of it going to a last day decider

The thought of getting a last min dodgy penalty to win it would be lovely but i would prefer us to steamroller then and wrap it up early.

I would like it to be wrapped up at our last home match please Rangers, i don't think i could handle the nerves of it going to a last day decider
Last day deciders must take years off us.

A bit to spare going into the game would be lovely.

Last day deciders must take years off us.

A bit to spare going into the game would be lovely.
Yea deffo mate, i couldn't handle the buildup to a last day decider i don't think, too much at stake but of course if it goes for you then its the best rush you could imagine.

Back