Charlie Allen- Linfield youngster

Linfield manager David Healy has predicted midfield prodigy Charlie Allen won't be at Windsor Park much longer with Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen among the clubs said to be monitoring his progress.

The talented playmaker was included in Linfield's 25-man squad for Tuesday's Champions League qualifier against Rosenborg - at the age of just 15.

He would have made history had he played any part in the match as the youngest ever player to feature in club football's most prestigious competition.

Allen never got that opportunity on Tuesday. But, despite still being at school, the talented teen is likely to feature for the Irish League side this season.

According to the Belfast Telegraph, Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen are all monitoring Allen's progress.

But Premier League giants Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham and Leicester City are also interested.

And Healy said: "Charlie was named in the 25-man squad for the Rosenborg game which tells you how much we rate him," Healy said."He's still young, developing and has a lot to learn, but I know, in time, Charlie won't see his 17th or 18th birthday at Linfield.

"He will be elsewhere. Our plan is to guide him the best way for the next 12 months when he is here.
"He is still at school and hopefully when he does go he will make the right choices and have an incredible full-time career."

The Northern Ireland U16 star featured for the Linfield top team in pre-season friendlies against Motherwell and St Johnstone.

And Linfield chairman Roy McGivern said: "There's massive interest in Charlie.

"Glenn Ferguson would tell you that from his work with the Academy and David Healy sees that he is a great talent and wants to aid his development.

"Such is Charlie's talent, he's good enough to go across the water in the future and have his pick of clubs."

I'm sure i've heard/read before that we have first refusal of all Northern Irish youths due to partnership, or something similar?

I don't imagine Healy will be advising him to go to the Darkside, that's for sure.

If this lad is as good as reports I'd be sending a message to DH that our boss would like to meet with him.Having a meeting with SG would surely send a huge message to any youngster who'll be in demand.

I'm sure i've heard/read before that we have first refusal of all Northern Irish youths due to partnership, or something similar?

I don't imagine Healy will be advising him to go to the Darkside, that's for sure.
Think that only applies to players who have signed contracts.

This boy will be out of contract, so we won't have any priority.

Think that only applies to players who have signed contracts.

This boy will be out of contract, so we won't have any priority.

Sure from what some ppl have said he’s one of us. Healy definitely won’t be recommending he goes to the chamber of secrets.

Aberdeen?? Haha aye no bother. No chance

Was thinking the exact same when I read it mate. Nae chance he’s going to the sheep. Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham, Leicester City, Nonce FC and us all interested don’t think he’ll need more than a minute to rule them out

Back