Charlie Austin?

Nathan9719972

Wonder if there’s a possibility he could be an option, played with Davis and Arfield in recent years, not starting for Southampton, contract up in 12 months meaning if a fee it would be fairly minimal, seems to be a highly passionate player who imo would thrive in the Scottish game

We need to buy some guys with a resale value.

Also, don’t think he’d be good up there on his own or one deeper. Needs a partner, imo.

Seems more interested in the horses than football these days.

You’d probably get a similar striker to him in the championship / league 1 for less.

We need to buy some guys with a resale value.

Also, don’t think he’d be good up there on his own or one deeper. Needs a partner, imo.
No we don’t.
Some short term signings, both loans and experienced players, are a necessity at this stage.
It’ll be a good few years before we get to your stage.

Not on loan. Will take a serious amount of persuading but hopefully Gerrard, Arfield and Defoe will all be having words with him.

I just don’t see any way we can get Gray. He played a good amount of games in an impressive season for Watford, finishing top half of the richest league in the world and reaching an fa cup final.

I can’t see any reason why Watford would want to farm him out on loan and lose him as an option, particularly if we are only paying a small part of his massive wages.

If for some reason Watford did want to loan him out then I’m sure a prem/top championship team would be desperate to get him in and importantly pay all his wages.

Then there’s the small matter that players (other than ageing bears) do everything they can to get out of Scotland and to the promised land. Why would a guy with no connection to the club and in his prime in the epl be looking to move to Scotland to play on plastic pitches?

I’d love it to happen but I see absolutely no reason to believe that it can.

No we don’t.
Some short term signings, both loans and experienced players, are a necessity at this stage.
It’ll be a good few years before we get to your stage.

You need a combination.

We would be fucked if we don’t have some sellable assets in a couple of years.

Of course there is a balance to be had, but what are Katic, Goldson, Tav and Morelos, if not sellable, good players?

Back