Charlie Lindsay Signs

Yes the other player left Linfield and joined Leeds,apparently we where never in for him..
Charlie came from the Glen's I actually thought he had signed months ago..

Boys barnet in the Rtv video is shocking, haha. Looks like a wee mushroom!

This will probably be a daft question.

Did we have him on trial at the Alkass Cup? If so, incredible to see him being the captain. I'm sure he was player of the tournament too and had always just assumed that he was already part of our youth team.

Surprised we've signed him as I thought we already had him!

Did we have him on trial at the Alkass Cup? If so, incredible to see him being the captain. I'm sure he was player of the tournament too and had always just assumed that he was already part of our youth team.

Me too.

Just watched the full interview on rtv and the boy just gets it and gives off an air of confidence I like to see in young players.playing against senior players in the Irish league he will be physically strong already

Yeah, although I am pretty sure he had been training for a little while before going there and the club was always pretty certain he would sign.
It was probably just a little bit of “look how good we think you are” sort of thing given him t he armband.
Also he was playing with young kids, although he is one himself he had actually first team football under His belt which makes him more experienced to lead.

Yeah, although I am pretty sure he had been training for a little while before going there and the club was always pretty certain he would sign.
It was probably just a little bit of “look how good we think you are” sort of thing given him t he armband.
Also he was playing with young kids, although he is one himself he had actually first team football under His belt which makes him more experienced to lead.

Could be we "had" signed him but just not officially able to put pen to paper until he turned 16? Has he recently turned 16 do you know mate? Suppose that would make sense.

Welcome to the club wee man!

Another boy with a lot of promise. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses.

Great news, hope he kicks on to the first team in a year or two.

I think the next youngster that breaks through is likely to be in the first team at around 18.

We seem to be pinning hopes of young players reaching that level in their early twenties but it never happens.

Welcome to Ibrox, Charlie, a glenman but I'll forgive you. I hope he has a club and international future ahead of him.

The boy was head and shoulders our best player in that tournament. He was an absolute stand out and has that physical strength that isn't dissimilar to a young Rooney. I think he'll play first team minutes before he's 18.

Great interview and there’s something special listening to a young lad speak brimming with confidence. He just may be a “special one”.

And there’s something special about seeing that old park where I played more years ago than I care to remember.

Welcome aboard Charlie
Hope you (& us) enjoy every minute of your time with the famous
Wear the Jersey with pride

Infectious personality the wee guy has. Seems exceptionally driven also.

Good luck to you, Charlie!

He's certainly a confident kid. And he certainly knows what's needed to become a success. What a buzz that must be to sign for the Club you love and to work with your football idol. Hope he goes on to have a fantastic future with us.

The sad truth is he will likely get no games with us and sending him to the likes of a Ayr United or Partick on loan wont help us.

We need Colt teams in the professional setup if we are going to generate talent like an Ajax. These boys need to play 100 games against adults where they can make mistakes and learn the game. But at the same time we need to be training them every single day on our methods by our own coaches.

You might get a Barry Ferguson every decade or two, genuine quality who walks into a squad.

I honestly believe we have 3 or 4 players who would be first team regulars or playing for better teams than us by 22 if they could just join our first team at 19 with to two seasons experience of professional football under their belt.

Additionally we need the youth system to work to sell players on to generate money and make out business model viable.

The stakes are too high for playing youth for Rangers FC in 2020. We NEED Colts or it will never work.

Good signing would love to see young Charlie play for the first team.
Thank you to Glentoran for giving him a great foundation and coaching from a young age.
WATP COYG

The sad truth is he will likely get no games with us and sending him to the likes of a Ayr United or Partick on loan wont help us.

We need Colt teams in the professional setup if we are going to generate talent like an Ajax. These boys need to play 100 games against adults where they can make mistakes and learn the game. But at the same time we need to be training them every single day on our methods by our own coaches.

You might get a Barry Ferguson every decade or two, genuine quality who walks into a squad.

I honestly believe we have 3 or 4 players who would be first team regulars or playing for better teams than us by 22 if they could just join our first team at 19 with to two seasons experience of professional football under their belt.

Additionally we need the youth system to work to sell players on to generate money and make out business model viable.

The stakes are too high for playing youth for Rangers FC in 2020. We NEED Colts or it will never work.

Scotland is the soccer backwater

Good luck & welcome to Rangers!
Seen him play in final of Super Cup NI v Charlton & was definitely one of the better players in the Rangers team.
My brother watched all the Rangers games in that tournament & said he stood out in all the games. Massive step up for him but hopefully does the business!

Always positive to see the club signing the highest rated youngsters!

Back