Charlie Lindsay signs 3 year deal.

govantrueblue

Official Ticketer
RANGERS have completed a deal to sign Irish starlet Charlie Lindsay.

In September the midfielder became Glentoran’s youngest first team player at the age of 15 years, five months and 24 days.

He had agreed to a summer move to Ibrox in principle after previously starring for their youth teams as a guest.

Now SunSport can reveal a three-year contract has been ironed out which will see him join in July after he has celebrated his 16th birthday.

In February Lindsay was named best player at the Alkass International Cup after some outstanding displays while skippering Gers’ Under-17s.
It saw him outshine kids from rival teams Real Madrid, Inter Milan and PSG in the prestigious youth competition held in Qatar.
His standout displays earned him a spot in the team of the tournament with expert analysts Nick Summerbee and Chris Makin liking him to Manchester United and England legend Rooney.

They wrote: "This Rangers side had so much to live up to, given the fabulous performance of their predecessors last year.

"And, to be fair, I'm not sure they had the same quality running through the squad as was the case in 2019, but this lad has been the obvious exception.
I don't think anyone has had a tournament like him. Joint top scorer heading into the last day, and a natural finisher, he reminds me so much of Wayne Rooney.
Lindsay gets in on the left of this team, allowing him to cut in, which we've seen him do so well in this tournament, although he's shown he can play anywhere across the front line."

Last edited:
IF he is really something special we should except to see him starting to get some involvement in the first team later stages of next season.
Billy Gilmour proves if you’ve got it you’ve got it .

Welcome to the Rangers Charlie may you have a long successful career wearing the royal blue of the teddy berrs.

I hope this young guy makes it at Ibrox, and we can see for ourselves, just how good the lad is?

I seen him play last month for Glentoran U 18’s. He played as a number 10 & showed his class in a really well taken goal.

He definitely has a bright future & takes the ball on the half turn everytime. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

Good luck to the young lad.

IF he is really something special we should except to see him starting to get some involvement in the first team later stages of next season.
Billy Gilmour proves if you’ve got it you’ve got it .

‘what like the rest

I've not saw him in action, but by all accounts a real talent, welcome to rangers,

Let's get these lads a pathway to the top team, chance for a mini reset of the clubs ambition to still incorporate bleeding youths with the demands of winning first team silver

‘what like the rest
Maybe he won’t be like the rest. It’s a judgement call.

But if he has some Irish League exposure behind him with The Glens then somebody somewhere thought he’d be able to handle senior football.
The Irish League has what is known as a “physical element” to it.

He seemed to have a great tournament out in Qatar so hopefully a sign of things to come, Hope he keeps his head down, takes the advice given, and works hard at his game.

Maybe he won’t be like the rest. It’s a judgement call.

But if he has some Irish League exposure behind him with The Glens then somebody somewhere thought he’d be able to handle senior football.
The Irish League has what is known as a “physical element” to it.

If the performance the young lad put in few weeks back in the cup competition he was in is anything to go by then he’s extremely exciting player with big future

Back