Charlie Lindsay

LiviLoyal

Watching the highlights from the B team game last night and seen he set both goals up, as well as one at the weekend which has him on 3 assists for the 4 goals we’ve softer so far.

How good is he? I know he came quite highly rated. Anyone watch the youths enough to know if he’ll likely make it as far as the first team? Seems like a likeable wee guy who clearly loves Rangers.

Watching the highlights from the B team game last night and seen he set both goals up, as well as one at the weekend which has him on 3 assists for the 4 goals we’ve softer so far.

How good is he? I know he came quite highly rated. Anyone watch the youths enough to know if he’ll likely make it as far as the first team? Seems like a likeable wee guy who clearly loves Rangers.
He had a list of top clubs from down south after him, Man City and Chelsea were rumoured to be in for him before us.

Let’s hope he develops like a few other youngsters and start to make a push towards the first team bench then onto the park.

Cracking player, been watching him since the Alkass tournament couple years ago, some very very talented lads we have in the B team. Few I'm really hopeful for are Charlie, Tony Weston, Kane Ritchie-Hosler, Alex Lowry, Robbie Ure, Leon King.

Exceptionally good. Attitude outstanding also with a massive will to win. Very rare all ingredients are present. Surprised even this early he’s not in the the 1st team squad but obviously needs games.

Exceptionally good. Attitude outstanding also with a massive will to win. Very rare all ingredients are present. Surprised even this early he’s not in the the 1st team squad but obviously needs games.

And proving the benefits of the B team already.

Can players switch between or is he there for the season now?

His development can really accelerate this season because of playing In the lowland league compared to playing youth football. If he rips it up it will be interesting to see what our plans are for him next season

He can be moved back the main squad but only in the transfer window. Likewise once he has played a certain number of first team games (I think I heard 5 being mentioned) then he wouldn't be able to go back to the B side.

Reactions: GF1
He comes over as an intelligent and well grounded young man when interviewed on RTV which are qualities all the top footballers have.

Something go for him in his development in my view is that he already has been exposed to senior football when he played for The Glens first team in the Irish League.

I don’t know how both leagues stack up against each other. But the fact that he has been playing and training with mature players already, may have brought him along at a quicker pace than if he had only been playing at the youth level.

I have a buddy on the IFA staff and he said although Charlie was highly recruited by the top English clubs the chase was over once we came on the scene.

All in all a very exciting prospect.
As Kevin Thomson on RTV said about him last year “ he can be anything he wants to be”.

He can be moved back the main squad but only in the transfer window. Likewise once he has played a certain number of first team games (I think I heard 5 being mentioned) then he wouldn't be able to go back to the B side.

Makes sense.

Would rather our players got consistent games anyway than bit part in the 1st team.

Posted this yesterday:

– Minimum 22 players to be submitted before the season starts.

– If a player plays 5 games for first team he can’t play for B team until next window.

– Max age is U-20 with one U-21 outfield and one U-21 goalkeeper.

It's the development of boys like this that are going to be the proof of why the Bs going into a more competitive league is a good thing.

Posted this yesterday:

– Minimum 22 players to be submitted before the season starts.

– If a player plays 5 games for first team he can’t play for B team until next window.

– Max age is U-20 with one U-21 outfield and one U-21 goalkeeper.

Are these self imposed rules by us or were they conditional on acceptance into the lowland league?

Are these self imposed rules by us or were they conditional on acceptance into the lowland league?
I'm pretty sure that info came from a tweet from the Lowland League when our entry was approved. Also included another bit about how much we had to pay. So same rules will apply to the Dhims B team.

Reactions: GF1

I watched the highlights for both games last night too and CL stuck out like a sore thumb. Very excited to see if he can fulfil the massive potential he has.

just catching up with some videos on RTV, that pass from Lindsay to Ure for our 2nd goal against Spartans, on a plastic surface, was fantastic.

Back