Charlie McNeill Man City youth player.

brianhrfc

He’s just left Man City this season, in talks with wolves, Leicester, Newcastle, RB Leipzig and Juventus and now we’ve joined the chase for him.

Phenomenal player for his age.

31122714-8554449-The_England_youth_star_is_set_to_leave_the_Etihad_Stadium_after_-a-96_1595536458395.jpg

dumbanddumber1994720pbl.png

Seems you win some and you lose some. FIFA need to get a grip of the exploitation of children, this whole millionaire merry go round of trafficking needs to stop at some point and let kids play for local teams
Worked for Billy Gilmour. That's the way the world goes. This is no different to anyone moving onto a better club. If he has decided to leave Man City then it's his choice.

Worked for Billy Gilmour. That's the way the world goes. This is no different to anyone moving onto a better club. If he has decided to leave Man City then it's his choice.
That's what I mean though it's a merry go round, sometimes it benefits us other times not but what other profession are children poached to move to different continents? It needs to come to a head

Seems you win some and you lose some. FIFA need to get a grip of the exploitation of children, this whole millionaire merry go round of trafficking needs to stop at some point and let kids play for local teams
He’s from Manchester. He decided to leave them.

If we manage to sign this lad given the clubs interested it shows that the club are getting things together with regards a long term strategy.

Some joined up thinking has been sorely lacking at the club for a long time but this would show another step in the right direction.

I know i know I know, but the wider question of child transfers still stands

I know what you mean mate. It was his choice to move from city, he’s currently a free agent at the moment. There’s more than the clubs mentioned in for him, some of which local to where he’s from and two of them have offered first team football which is the main reason he wanted to move on.

Very very highly rated down south.

Tell that to 9 year old South American and West African CHILDREN who are SOLD, SOLD to European and Middle Eastern middle men.

Gilmour to Chelsea and Man City youths to Rangrs are a by product of what is allowed by FIFA.

It's the global exploitation that i detest, a lad moving from Manchester to Glasgow less so.
Fs they've got about a 20 year career and hardly forced to leave mummy!!

That's what I mean though it's a merry go round, sometimes it benefits us other times not but what other profession are children poached to move to different continents? It needs to come to a head
I know. Sending kids home at 20 without having kicked a professional ball in anger and the best part of half a million in the bank if not more, must really torture them.
And that's the ones that don't make it.

I was in a different country, working and studying at 16, earning £2.65 an hour. And I'm not quite 40 yet.

I'm sure they'll get through it. Poor wee lambs.

If we manage to sign this lad given the clubs interested it shows that the club are getting things together with regards a long term strategy.

Some joined up thinking has been sorely lacking at the club for a long time but this would show another step in the right direction.
Does the signing of the Irish kid and a couple from England in the last couple of years not demonstrate this part of our strategy enough?

Some of them will offer £10k pw and not bat an eye lid
Said it on other threads. There is a massive misconception about what football clubs actually pay their players and this assumption that everyone is on 100k per week in the first team, with reserves and youths getting 10k per week is wildly inaccurate

Its utter nonsense. Yes it happens, but I can assure you with first hand direct experience and exposure to many, many football club sales and due diligence work that for the most part the figures that get thrown around on here re: salaries is fantasy stuff.

Said it on other threads. There is a massive misconception about what football clubs actually pay their players and this assumption that everyone is on 100k per week in the first team, with reserves and youths getting 10k per week is wildly inaccurate

Its utter nonsense. Yes it happens, but I can assure you with first hand direct experience and exposure to many, many football club sales and due diligence work that for the most part the figures that get thrown around on here re: salaries is fantasy stuff.

agree, my mates son was Chelsea youth goalkeeper and his salary was on a par with his mates who had normal jobs. Difference was that he lived rent free in London and obviously had no costs associated with any sports gear or work expenses.

agree, my mates son was Chelsea youth goalkeeper and his salary was on a par with his mates who had normal jobs. Difference was that he lived rent free in London and obviously had no costs associated with any sports gear or work expenses.
100% this. there are bonuses, add-ons, payments contingent on X, Y, Z coming to fruition which can ultimately result in it being lucrative in the long run.

it's just a bit of a myth that PL clubs throw vast sums around to the extent that the youth teams are cashing in tens of thousands a week.

See a lot on here referencing salaries in the Championship as well - a look at the payroll for the majority of clubs in the champ would leave a lot of people surprised. Our salaries are on a par with many of those clubs.

The Arsenal goalie (Martinez ?) has been there for 10 years and is on £20k a week.
Yep there's tonnes of examples. Declan Rice was on £3,000 per week prior to his allegiance-switching fanfare which saw the West Ham board strong-armed into giving him a new contract.

Wan Bissaka was on less than £20k a week at Crystal Palace as a first team regular.

Tomori at Chelsea is the same, under £20 grand, same with Reece James (edit: new contract this year sees him rocket his earnings), while Mateo Kovacic earned just under £50k per week when he joined from Real Madrid on loan.

Divock Origi £40k. Jamaal Lascelles £40k. etc, etc.

The average salary across the premier league in its totality was just shy of £60k per week last year, but when adjusted to remove top earners which were generally accepted as being those over £100k (namely your regular first team players at City, United, and historically Chelsea), the average figure for the majority of the league was surprisingly low.

If premier league clubs were paying their entire youth team setup thousands per week they'd be bankrupt in 6 months.

I know. Sending kids home at 20 without having kicked a professional ball in anger and the best part of half a million in the bank if not more, must really torture them.
And that's the ones that don't make it.

I was in a different country, working and studying at 16, earning £2.65 an hour. And I'm not quite 40 yet.

I'm sure they'll get through it. Poor wee lambs.
Nobody cares what you did, you need to realise this.

We have one chance: he might get a game here. Some of those clubs he will be in their development squad or the like....

At least you’re not bothered about it though, mate.
Not enough to even reread the thread mate, no.
More than I bother about what I expect is a thread about snivelling wee pampered kids, who think they are hard done by, even though they're on a wage approaching mine, at a young age while screaming "foul"? Yes.
Pardon the pun.

Totally agree mate. There is no point insisting on quotas of ‘homegrown’ players, when you allow sides to hoover up young talent for financial gain.

The Billy Gilmour saga makes me furious.

Back