Charlie Mulgrew

H3p1cXm.gif

Not that he'll have the dignity to retire from international football, but you have to wonder if he ever watches back his performances ?

I can see this guy, at 36, playing for Partick Thistle or the like in the Scottish Championship and still getting a call-up. I don't get it with people like him...they must emit some sort of pheromone that make it impossible for another human being to notice they are a nailed-on fvckwit.

We've all worked with and been infuriated and mystified by one of them at some point in life.

Last edited:
My only surprise is that he has only got 39 caps. He seems to have found his way into every team by hook or by crook in pretty much every position for what feels like a life time

Apart from him being jobby, he is just one of a catalogue of tims who never put in a decent performance for Scotland. Last game v the scum, McGregor was running around kicking people, put him in a Scotland shirt and he's a knob.

the embarrassing thing is there's literally nobody else. how on earth can the best center backs be mulgrew mckenna bates Cooper etc. every single one of them are useless

Apart from him being jobby, he is just one of a catalogue of tims who never put in a decent performance for Scotland. Last game v the scum, McGregor was running around kicking people, put him in a Scotland shirt and he's a knob.

Ah Gollum McGregor ugliest midfielder in football

He’s supposed to be the best.
Shows you how far we’ve sunk.

He's not really. He's maybe 4th choice at best but 3 ahead of him were injured. He's past it, wasn't that good to begin with but there isn't really anyone else available, that's why he's playing.

People holding him up as an example of all that is wrong with Scotland, invoking Davie Coopers stats from an era that played far fewer internationals and when Scotland had far better players are talking mince.

He's not really. He's maybe 4th choice at best but 3 ahead of him were injured. He's past it, wasn't that good to begin with but there isn't really anyone else available, that's why he's playing.

People holding him up as an example of all that is wrong with Scotland, invoking Davie Coopers stats from an era that played far fewer internationals and when Scotland had far better players are talking mince.
Back to Roy Aitken again.
That big balloon got 57 caps in an era were we* had plenty talent and when we played "far fewer internationals."

* I used to refer to them as "we" back then.

Mulgrew is one of the favourites that the SFA appear to have. He needs to feature - no other reason other than they absolutely must have him in the team. He's done nothing for Scotland. The guy doesn't even have a proper position and certainly is not a centre back.

Absolutely appalling this guy has made an international career like he has. Show's just how bad the SFA are. Not the talent that Scotland has, we have some good player, just the SFA and their insistence on either following Celtic about or sticking to their favourites. Neither has worked.

As much as it pains me to say it, who would replace him?

Sadly, it sums up how bad Scottish football is right now when the likes of Charlie Mulgrew are the only choice.

Davie played at a time where there was both competition for places and there were far less games to play.

Davie did have one thing in common with Mulgrew, Davie couldn’t play at centre half either
I remember they used to pick Eamonn Bannen in front of DC for a spell.

It's McBurnie's fault but.

Don't mention the countless tims on massive caps who've repeatedly failed over the years.

Who was up front for them against the Belgies noo that Ollie was replaced.

They must've been shittin themsels wi his replacement.

The day the SFA refused to help Rangers out prior to the UEFA Cup Final should tell you all you need to know about them scum every one of them Souness was correct there is an agenda against Rangers
I couldnt care about the national team they hate our players and even when they are called up they get boo'd of the fans fuckin disgrace. I hope they dont ever win another game

Back