Charlie Nicholas: I’ve always had suspicions about King Rangers boardroom drama is weird

He explained that pressure from SA and his main job were the reasons - Simple - and also said he would runaway from the Ashley situation.

CHARLIE NICHOLAS has admitted he always held suspicions about Dave King - and claimed Rangers' boardroom drama is 'weird'.

The former Light Blues chief announced an immediate end to his time as the Ibrox club's chairman in a statement last week.

His former deputy, Douglas Park, has taken on the role in an interim capacity for now.

In the days since, former Rangers shareholder Jim McColl appeared to suggest he'd been approached by Liverpool's owners, Fenway Sports Group, about a potential buy-out.

He has since clarified they are NOT interested, rather that he has held discussions with people about replicating their philosophy.

While Graeme Souness has admitted he would love to return to Ibrox in a boardroom role.

Now, Celtic hero Nicholas reckons the drama in the Light Blues' boardroom has become "weird" as he insisted he always held suspicions about King.

Writing in the Daily Express, he said: "Rangers at boardroom level have now become interesting.

First you have wealthy businessman Jim McColl interested in copying Liverpool’s Moneyball philosophy.

"Then Graeme Souness claims he would love to join the Ibrox board. There is something going on out there

It is all a bit weird that in this time of uncertainty you still have the prospect of investors.

"Change looks to be in the air but can they get it right?

"The chairmanship at Rangers in the past seemed to be like a game of musical chairs.

"They must have run round the boardroom before they decided who will be next.

"I met Douglas Park a lot when I travelled with the Rangers party to cover their Champions League games.

"I don’t think Douglas was ever interested in getting anywhere near as involved as he is.

"Maybe his son would have pushed but now Douglas finds himself as the main man after Dave King stepped down.

"I always had my suspicions about King. What was going on and why did he continually want to fight Mike Ashley?"

How come you’ve never voiced such suspicions until Dave King stepped down Charlie the clown?

"Writing in the Daily Express, he said: "Rangers at boardroom level have now become interesting."

Now?

I would suggest that that 'interesting' was reached and breached ten years ago.

CHARLIE NICHOLAS has admitted he always held suspicions about Dave King - and claimed Rangers' boardroom drama is 'weird'.

The former Light Blues chief announced an immediate end to his time as the Ibrox club's chairman in a statement last week.

His former deputy, Douglas Park, has taken on the role in an interim capacity for now.

In the days since, former Rangers shareholder Jim McColl appeared to suggest he'd been approached by Liverpool's owners, Fenway Sports Group, about a potential buy-out.

He has since clarified they are NOT interested, rather that he has held discussions with people about replicating their philosophy.

While Graeme Souness has admitted he would love to return to Ibrox in a boardroom role.

Now, Celtic hero Nicholas reckons the drama in the Light Blues' boardroom has become "weird" as he insisted he always held suspicions about King.

Writing in the Daily Express, he said: "Rangers at boardroom level have now become interesting.

First you have wealthy businessman Jim McColl interested in copying Liverpool’s Moneyball philosophy.

"Then Graeme Souness claims he would love to join the Ibrox board. There is something going on out there

It is all a bit weird that in this time of uncertainty you still have the prospect of investors.

"The chairmanship at Rangers in the past seemed to be like a game of musical chairs.

"I met Douglas Park a lot when I travelled with the Rangers party to cover their Champions League games.

"I don’t think Douglas was ever interested in getting anywhere near as involved as he is.

"Maybe his son would have pushed but now Douglas finds himself as the main man after Dave King stepped down.

"I always had my suspicions about King. What was going on and why did he continually want to fight Mike Ashley?"

What a feckn bellend. How can any paper employ this p-rick? Wish he'd come here and debate his views with me. Would be my pleasure to 're-educate the clown.

FFS - Charlie-bhoy in a nutshell. Thick as pigshit.
Who doesn't want to fight Mike Ashley. I think there's a big fukn queue.

Rent a brain, WEIRD is what the mob you played for hiding the fact there was two blokes (that we know aboot) and their high profile man in charge of first team knew that there was abuse goin on and DID FUUK ALL about it, but hid what was goin on.

That's WEIRD charlie.

Amazing that the Scottish Media give this bollox air time regarding Scottish football.

Clearly doesn't pay much attention to it.

His opinion is worse than useless.

He had his suspicions but didn't say what they were
I suspect he's a guy that loves Rangers who gave up a lot of his own cash, time and effort to save the club when no one else did
Whereas I suspect Charlie is an empty headed shit stirrer with an agenda very lucky to have a job that pays him to prattle a load of nonsense

Rangers are getting a doing in the papers this week, Sutton having a go at our finances, ex Rangers legend, hero, superstar lock down party and now this bozo having a pop at Dave King. It's as if another club are trying to force the damming headlines onto another for some reason? I can't help to think why that would be?
Imagine if Barry Ferguson wrote a story of this calibre polluted with hearsay and rumours about the moralles Peter lawwell. It wouldn't happen in a million years, the paper wouldn't let him.
There is no doubt about it that its a fact that Rangers are well truly open to all sorts of bigotry, racism and outright lies. It's the way the country is at the moment. Warped nation.

This is nothing more than Ridiculous trying to get the mentally challenged hordes back onside after his article last week saying that they shouldn't be awarded the title.

So predictable.

Ive always had my suspicions that Charlie Nicholas is the worlds only surviving brain donor.

This latest bunch of slabbering gibberish from him now proves it,

Why does everyone at sky have such a massive hard on for mike ashley ?. Its bizarre.

Why are ex Celtic players always asked to comment on Rangers but ex Rangers players never asked to comment on the scum?

The mhedia want negative Rangers stories - and simply trawl through and pay the mhedia tims until they get them.

Mr King has them all tied up in knots... their problem is... they can't get anywhere near to second guessing his intentions on his actions and it kills them...
King is far too shrewd for any Timmy deadbeat hack...

Back