Charlie Nicholas on the Peasants sectarian singing towards McInnes

It’s ok to disagree but, seriously, nobody in England cares about our footballing backwater.

How do you think they look upon us ( and them?). By and large they think we are all mental, playing in a tinpot league and have a bit of a sectarian issue.

Stevie can shout about injustice all he wants, and he has made the odd comment so far, but it’s not going to be any more than yesterday’s chip paper down south.
Correct, few in England would understand what was meant and why if you asked them about McInnes being called a sad, 19th Century Terrorist bastard

A pal of mine played with Charlie at Clyde and some of his stories, perhaps embellished for the young pups in the dressing room, were exceptional.

I went along to one game that Rangers played up at Broadwood and Charlie Nicholas megged Gazza a beauty. Gazza simply walked over, patted him on the back giving it, ‘that was genius mate’.

After the match, Gazza sticks here s head into the Clyde dressing room and says, ‘Hoi Charlie, are you ready?’

‘Just comin’ Paul, on my way’

And off the pair of them went somewhere. Would love to have heard what they got up to, where and with whom that night!

It was Janice. A lovely girl married to Alan a season ticket holder in the Govan Stand as it was called then. Not seen Alan for a few years but he was a good Bluenose and wouldn’t hear a bad word about Charlie.
Alan still stays local to where Janice and Charlie grew up and where he (Alan) lived with Janice. Still as large as life. Nice guy.

Back