Charlie Nicholas on the Peasants sectarian singing towards McInnes

muttley

Anyone else read his article yesterday ? In essence, he was saying how twisted and out of control Scottish football now is if McInnes, the victim of sectarianism at Hampden, is being painted as the villain. I reckon he was having a not so subtle dig at sections of the media who mocked McInnes as being a figure of mirth when being sent to the stands at Hampden by ref Craig Thomson.

I have generally found Charlie Nicholas to be one of the more reasonable Celtic guys.

Sure, he's a Celtic man, and some times he gets his words a little mixed up, but he does not usually spout the mindless bile that some of the other members of the Sellik media machine come away with.
Cause he has the EPL/soccer Saturday gig and not anything SPFL he doesn’t seem as bitter

I could be wrong but I reckon this is the influence Gerrard will have down in England. If Gerrard is going back down South and spouting the one sided agenda, people will now sit up and listen.

I could be wrong but I reckon this is the influence Gerrard will have down in England. If Gerrard is going back down South and spouting the one sided agenda, people will now sit up and listen.

Sorry, nobody cares down south and until we start winning again he would, all too easily, be brushed off as a sore loser.

Sorry, nobody cares down south and until we start winning again he would, all too easily, be brushed off as a sore loser.
I don't agree.
If I was Gerrard and came up here to win trophies, and all I could see was hatred and cheating refs against my club, I'd be fucking shouting it from the rooftops .
It's a one way street mate, in case you hadn't noticed .
He should make a marker before next season starts stating he will be expecting fairer treatment next season, from everyone

He’s only saying what any fair minded person would say or in Charlie’s case sit there thinking.
Which pretty much highlights the rancid press pack in this country.

I don't agree.
If I was Gerrard and came up here to win trophies, and all I could see was hatred and cheating refs against my club, I'd be fucking shouting it from the rooftops .
It's a one way street mate, in case you hadn't noticed .
He should make a marker before next season starts stating he will be expecting fairer treatment next season, from everyone

It’s ok to disagree but, seriously, nobody in England cares about our footballing backwater.

How do you think they look upon us ( and them?). By and large they think we are all mental, playing in a tinpot league and have a bit of a sectarian issue.

Stevie can shout about injustice all he wants, and he has made the odd comment so far, but it’s not going to be any more than yesterday’s chip paper down south.

I’m guessing Nicholas being treated like a pariah at ‘Paradise’ loosens his lips to talk more freely and shoot from the hip.

It’s not what people up here that tells you Celtics influence in the media, it’s what they don’t say and the rampant hypocrisy that is very easily exposed. Our problem is the media like the bbc shape the agenda and your average man in the street is thick and easily led to water. For example after the Steve Clarke songs I had fans of hibs and hearts at my desk saying things like “glad he’s done it and you can’t argue with anything he says.....hopefully they take it seriously now”. Then there was Boyd and now mcinness with almost identical scenarios, but the other side of the coin, absolute silence from all the same people that thought Clarke was “courageous”. That’s not because they are hypocrites but because the media that influences their opinion are.

Nicholas is right on this one, Liewell has his wagons circling round the bheast support. His Selecterianism and whataboutery statement the other day confirms he’s flustred by this and panicked into releasing that statement.

Anyone else read his article yesterday ? In essence, he was saying how twisted and out of control Scottish football now is if McInnes, the victim of sectarianism at Hampden, is being painted as the villain. I reckon he was having a not so subtle dig at sections of the media who mocked McInnes as being a figure of mirth when being sent to the stands at Hampden by ref Craig Thomson.

Maybe you should go to Specsavers muttley. You didn’t even wear your glasses when reading that article in case you got slagged

I have generally found Charlie Nicholas to be one of the more reasonable Celtic guys.

Sure, he's a Celtic man, and some times he gets his words a little mixed up, but he does not usually spout the mindless bile that some of the other members of the Sellik media machine come away with.
Incredibly true!
Thick as they come, I mean, choosing Arsenal and their style of football back then over Liverpool and theirs, proves it but, he’s not the bitter type.
I knew Charlie when we were kids playing select games at youth level and he never cams across as bitter back then either.

Not my experience.
I do some work in England and have been asked many times about Gerrard and his comments.
More so about referee performances than anything else.
I’ve told people to watch the games and see for themselves the difference in approach and the application of the laws of the game, but they need to watch the septic games as well.
I’ve convinced a few that we are definitely refereed differently at best.

I remember Ally Mccoist & Nicholas on television talking to each other about growing up
Charlie said he came from a mixed family
Ally said he came from a mixed up family

Charlie went out with his own sister ?

You sound surprised...
54e34.jpg

I agree with this, he seems to be a lot more interested in what's going on with Arsenal these days.

I knew him when we were younger. As you say, he’s not bad for a Tim :D

You could't see driving home the other night, because you don't even wear your glasses on TV incase you get slagged off.

It was Janice. A lovely girl married to Alan a season ticket holder in the Govan Stand as it was called then. Not seen Alan for a few years but he was a good Bluenose and wouldn’t hear a bad word about Charlie.
I see him a lot .

I remember him saying on the Graham Hunter podcast (i think) that he was more welcome at Arsenal and went to more of there games than Parkhead as he wasnt made to feel welcome as he wouldnt toe the party for Liewell

Mcavennie was the same but hes changed his tune recently as he needs the media up here for work charlie doesnt

Back