Charlie Nicholas says Rangers won't get any credit if they concede title to Celtic

Sutton and Hartson were educated in the "Sellick ways" by MON and TLRB and were part of the team that blew it on Helicopter Sunday - those two were responsible for ramping up the hatred in Scottish football and they and, indeed, the team that played in their image will never recover from that day.
Good point!
Nicholas was at celtc under McNeil as manager iirc. Speaks volumes!

We wont get any credit, and neither will they get any credit. Why they are squealing, and demanding another asterisk marked tainted title is beyond me.

I almost typed something along the lines of "Well said Nicholas," but it's only common sense.

Even as a player Charlie wasn’t considered a rhabid. I’ve heard this from a couple of ex pros from both sides of the divide. This would probably explain why he’s persona non grata at the piggery.

When Hartson said within a day that Liverpool could not be awarded the title but Celtic should he lost any possibility of being considered credible
He should have also lost all paid media gigs at that point as who would pay for the opinions of someone whose mind was so obviously compromised.
That this didn't happen tells you all you need to know about the media
There is no interest in generating informed debate it's purely an entertainment business living off and inflaming Rangers v Celtic rivalry.
They do not deserve the attention they get

if its about credit then imagine how much credit Celtic could get if they conceded the title to us John, ....why ...it would almost get them through anything , everyone would applaud , no matter how bad things got there, say even a paedophile ring knowingly operating there, people would probably dismiss any talk of it... but Celtic conceded the title eh what an honourable thing to do, lets move on....

Generally don't buy a paper these days but when I do it is the Express. Always found that, while it's obvious where his loyalties lie, Nicholas attempts to be reasonably fair. He is, however, thick as pig sh1t but nowhere near as bitter as guys like Boyd or as needy as Sutton for attention.
Boyd ain't bitter, and Sutton is a horrible no mark.

When Hartson said within a day that Liverpool could not be awarded the title but Celtic should he lost any possibility of being considered credible
He should have also lost all paid media gigs at that point as who would pay for the opinions of someone whose mind was so obviously compromised.
That this didn't happen tells you all you need to know about the media
There is no interest in generating informed debate it's purely an entertainment business living off and inflaming Rangers v Celtic rivalry.
They do not deserve the attention they get
Sutton said that mate.

The words of a true Sportsman, not biased, just what anyone who enjoyed being involved in professional sport would say. He may have played for them but he uses common sense in this instance.

Hes a bit thick but i think hes a decent guy its not the first time hes been fair with his views on scottish football. He was also a very good player.

Charlie Nicholas has weighed in on John Hartson’s argument that Rangers should concede the title to Celtic – claiming that Gers fans would be seething if the Ibrox club called time on their Premiership challenge.

The Hoops are currently 13 points ahead of Steven Gerrard's team, who have a game in hand, with eight matches left to play as Scottish football remains postponed indefinitely due to the coronavirus pandemic.

There have been doubts cast over whether or not it will be possible to complete the 2019/20 campaign and Hartson suggested that if clubs are unable to fulfil their remaining fixtures, then the Light Blues should consider conceding the title to their rivals.

And Nicholas, in his Daily Express column, has claimed the only credit the Light Blues would receive would be from Hartson himself.
He wrote: "John Hartson said that if Rangers concede the title to Celtic they would come away with a lot of credit. But from who? Hartson? There is no chance of Rangers getting any credit from anywhere.
"Their own fans would be up in arms for a start. Rangers can't concede the title and why should they? As I have said all along Celtic need to win it for themselves. Hopefully we will get back playing and everything will be decided on the pitch as it should be."
Charlie is a fud but on this occasion a fud who is not only correct but being refreshingly honest. Compare to the likes of that utter tosser and grey and white mouthpiece Fartson.

Charlie Nicholas has weighed in on John Hartson’s argument that Rangers should concede the title to Celtic – claiming that Gers fans would be seething if the Ibrox club called time on their Premiership challenge.

The Hoops are currently 13 points ahead of Steven Gerrard's team, who have a game in hand, with eight matches left to play as Scottish football remains postponed indefinitely due to the coronavirus pandemic.

There have been doubts cast over whether or not it will be possible to complete the 2019/20 campaign and Hartson suggested that if clubs are unable to fulfil their remaining fixtures, then the Light Blues should consider conceding the title to their rivals.

And Nicholas, in his Daily Express column, has claimed the only credit the Light Blues would receive would be from Hartson himself.
He wrote: "John Hartson said that if Rangers concede the title to Celtic they would come away with a lot of credit. But from who? Hartson? There is no chance of Rangers getting any credit from anywhere.
"Their own fans would be up in arms for a start. Rangers can't concede the title and why should they? As I have said all along Celtic need to win it for themselves. Hopefully we will get back playing and everything will be decided on the pitch as it should be."
Well said Charlie

Nicholas has now come out with two great statements regarding the title, so I’m going to give him credit where it’s due.
As for Hartson; he’s doing his masters’ bidding and is desperately beating the drum to have the title handed to the mentally challengeds.
None of us know how this is going to pan out, but I’m pleased that our board have preempted our stance and “they will not be found wanting” if decisions are made that are damaging to Rangers FC.

It just shows you how far gone the Scottish media is these days when folk like Nicholas (who we considered to be biased in the early 00’s) is actually now someone we consider capable of putting across a somewhat more balanced viewpoint.

Not saying i like the guy but i have never thought he behaves anything like the rest of them, some goal he scored v Swiss in 82.

I remember when i read that comment from fatso i was a little annoyed cos everyone knows its garbage, complete rubbish, i guess no one from our side picked him on the BS either.

Back