Charlie Richmond - Ex Ref Has A Great Idea For VAR In The SPFL

He was on Rocksport before the game last night and came up with this cracker.

He states "The BBC on a Saturday afternoon have video access to all the games around the country. Why not put an ex ref in the BBC studios, put him in contact with refs around the grounds and let him make the call on any contentious decisions after watching the replay"

Not content with the Pacific Quay CSC directing the Compliant Officer on a Saturday night he now wants them directing the refs live.

Whit a proper Charlie.

Give power into the hands of another RANGERS hater is a fuukin hangmans noose in the life of the scotia premier league.

As if the league split was an intelligent idea and the saviour of fitbaw up here.

While I certainly don’t condone using PQCSC as a central point for any VAR type system the idea of using one location viewing all games isn’t the worst.

Isn't this how VAR works in other countries? I'm sure in Germany, France etc, there's a team of referees in a room somewhere (Frankfurt for the Bundesliga I believe), reviewing the games together in one place.

I've a better idea. I'll give up my weekend to monitor all the games live and will promise instant decision making,

You won't sell that idea as they will come up with a fanzone consisting of 12 premier league supporters. 1 from each club.

I fuukin I still prefer men put it past these arseholes that run the game up here.

I find the idea of this Video ref in scottish football actually quite terrifying...

We are finding things difficult enough taking on the half of dozen or so bent/terrified refs on the pitch without, someone like say Charlie that was never the most honest ref, sitting in the bunker looking for any excuse to cause Rangers even more issues.

I suppose the post match interviews with Neil Lennon or Craig Levein might be quite interesting when VAR turns down what seems a decent penalty shout.

For VAR you need all games to be covered by multiple camera angles - same number of cameras at each and for a director to be in charge at each game to replay what needs replayed quickly.

In short - no chance SPFL are paying for it.

You can just imagine the calibre of ex refs sitting in a studio with their septic jerseys and scarves and crucifixes dangling from their necks.Sporting integrity indeed.

Back