Charlton Athletic - Loving Cup Ceremony

Ger57

The article says that they believe there's only 5 left in existence, but I'm not sure that's correct.

I'm sure I read that Karen Brady 'discovered' one at Birmingham and she'd been using it as an Umbrella stand!

There was definitely one at Preston North End as I saw it in a glass cabinet on a visit to the English Football Museum which used to be located under one of their stands, mind you that was 11 or 12 years ago I think.

Blue Light Loyal

The article says that they believe there's only 5 left in existence, but I'm not sure that's correct.

I'm sure I read that Karen Brady 'discovered' one at Birmingham and she'd been using it as an Umbrella stand!

There was definitely one at Preston North End as I saw it in a glass cabinet on a visit to the English Football Museum which used to be located under one of their stands, mind you that was 11 or 12 years ago I think.
Delete.

Read it wrong.

alex wright

The article also says that only WBA, Everton and Stoke still carry out the ceremony.

Cutty/Young

Is our loving cup ceremony not the game before the new year ? or was it changed because we played the unwashed,haven't seen any videos of it and seems a bit odd if we're having it halfway into January against the Fins.

vinnie

2nd consecutive year? Is that a tradition for them yet? Not sure we’ve missed a year have we?

I hope the club tweet a vid of toast this year. Send it far and wide bears. I’m sick of people down here not knowing about our unionist ties.