Che Adams

McQueen

With it looking as though Southampton will be relegated, would it be worth enquiring about him?

His contract is due to expire in summer 2024 I believe. Can’t see him wanting to spend the last year of it in the Championship and might want a crack at European football.

Thoughts?

Massive fee and massive wages

Better off with Ellis Simms....

Players like Adams would literally cost years worth of budgets for us, complete non starter.

With it looking as though Southampton will be relegated, would it be worth enquiring about him?

His contract is due to expire in summer 2024 I believe. Can’t see him wanting to spend the last year of it in the Championship and might want a crack at European football.

Thoughts?

Couldn’t afford him

Che Adam's would be a great signing for us, exactly what we need IMO.

Would be excellent in our league and do the lone striker role extremely well in Europe.

Unfortunately he would be out our price range.

£10M or so to buy and possibly £60/70k in wages at the moment.

At 26 he’d probably want to stay in the EPL.

Wages would be outrageous. I think we could get better value elsewhere but reckon he’d do well here though.

He will be one of these players who you see swap a relegated club for a promoted one.

Probably be a replacement for McBurnie at Sheffield Utd or something like that.

He’s shit just like that other guy Dykes that gets a game for Scotland these days. We need astute people sniffing out proper talent and getting them to Ibrox before they’ve moved up the ladder and out of our price range. The filth were looking at Ivan Toney before he moved to Brentford and thankfully they didn’t get him but there’s good players out there ripe for the picking if and it’s a big IF…we have the right people identifying them?

I just don’t think he’s going to meet Rangers expectations in what we want as our main striker, it’s a no from me.

We need to find players like this before they move to the Premier League. Once they get their big move their wages are too high and they instantly become unaffordable unless they’re injury prone and looking for one last move. That’s the only time he’ll end up in Scotland now.

We have Zak Lovelace who has potential.

Che Adam's would be a great signing for us, exactly what we need IMO.

Would be excellent in our league and do the lone striker role extremely well in Europe.

Unfortunately he would be out our price range.

£10M or so to buy and possibly £60/70k in wages at the moment.
Half decent Championship forwards go for more than £10m down there, would be surprised if they didn’t want at least double that for Adams

Would probably need to take a significant wage cut to join us so probably a non starter. We arent paying a transfer fee and close to epl wages thesedays.
There’s a big variation in what EPL wages are.

Theres a lot to consider. If he goes down with them, they wouldn’t be renewing his deal on EPL wages in 12 months. We can absolutely compete with Championship sides. Sheff Utd manager said we blew their offer for Lawrence out the water, we beat Blackburn to Cantwell and we competed with sides for Souttar.

Im not saying Adams is the man for us, but in terms of affordability, with us potentially freeing up Morelos and/or Kent’s wage plus losing 5 or 6 other players, the money is in the budget to pay big wages north of £25k pw to someone. The fee for a player on big money with 12 months left should be affordable too.

He’s shit just like that other guy Dykes that gets a game for Scotland these days. We need astute people sniffing out proper talent and getting them to Ibrox before they’ve moved up the ladder and out of our price range. The filth were looking at Ivan Toney before he moved to Brentford and thankfully they didn’t get him but there’s good players out there ripe for the picking if and it’s a big IF…we have the right people identifying them?
Neither of them are shit, in fact, they are probably the best 2 players to have played up-front for Scotland over the last 10 years. If there is money in the piggy-bank, I wouldn't mind seeing either of them at Ibrox.

Where's the££££££££££££££££££££££ coming from ??

We've already been told that new contracts for Kent and Morelos are 'unattainable' © Douglas Park

We've already been told that new contracts for Kent and Morelos are 'unattainable' © Douglas Park
That's not what he said, he said their demands at the time were unattainable. The way you word it suggests that any contract would be unattainable.

Just because he plays in the EPL, doesn't make him good. There's lots of average dross in that league that cost a fortune
Yet we can also pick up free transfers of players getting relegated from the English Championship and they turn out class (ignoring unlucky injuries).

Is that what he actually said?
No caveats, no context?
Thought so.
A sub-editor post awaits you .

Haven't seen enough of him at club level, but going off what i have seen for Scotland he is a striker who cant finish, no thanks.

People on here saying that he's shit are a absolutely clueless. He plays well for a poor side in most games he plays in the premier League. Holds the ball up really well, scores and assists against far superior players than he'd face in this wee shit tip of a league that we play in. That being said there's no chance we'd be able to sign him , out of our reach.

We could have signed Ivan Toney for 6.5 million three years ago, we didn’t, I wonder if that’s because our scouts knew about his chronic gambling issue or the fact they are just dreadful at their jobs.

We could have signed Ivan Toney for 6.5 million three years ago, we didn’t, I wonder if that’s because our scouts knew about his chronic gambling issue or the fact they are just dreadful at their jobs.

Where exactly were we getting 6.5 million to spend on one player three years ago? Never mind the fact we were about to kick off a season behind closed doors?

Did you expect the directors to personally fund that one as well as the loans to keep the lights on?

Players that can still “do a job” in the premier league aren’t going to be interested in coming to Scotland. It’s only players who’s career has stalled down there (Cantwell) that we have a chance of convincing.

Where exactly were we getting 6.5 million to spend on one player three years ago? Never mind the fact we were about to kick off a season behind closed doors?

Did you expect the directors to personally fund that one as well as the loans to keep the lights on?

You mean the same Ivan Toney who’s now worth 40-50 million.

Back