Cheated out of a Cup.

You sound like a mentally challenged “it’s the ref’s fault we didn’t win the game today cause we never put the ball in the back of the net.” That’s the patter they lived off for years and now you’re doing it

Sound like a mentally challenged? Your being a bit a bit of a fucking tadger here mate.

Goals change games............

The goal should not have stood, it changed the game.

Apologies if coming across like that.
But I just feel we dominated them for 90 minutes and were unable to score, even though they were down to 10 men.

We did, and not for the pathetic goal it could have been much different.

If my auntie had balls and all that, but goals change games. WE WERE CHEATED.

I left Hampden today dejected, frustrated and more upset than I can remember after any match.
Watching the highlights now on BT and now I feel angry. Robbed doesn't even begin to describe it.
Yes we need to finish better. But the officials gave them a 2 goal swing today. You can't win starting 2-0 down

Think it's past your bedtime with that patter mate.
nah mate i watched us play hem off he park and you think thre was no bottle, one off side goal and a penalty that should have been retaken . I stand by my first post.

It's the internet, you're entitled to opinion.

BUT.............do you really think the game goes the same way if that 'goal' doesn't stand?
It probably would've, we could still be playing now and still not have scored. They had one proper shot on goal and yes its offside but they put it in the goal.

We do realise Helander played Jullien on for their goal? Camera angle makes it look off as you can’t see Helander but he’s right in line with Jullien.

Their goal was clearly offside , browns challenge was a penalty , the referees will always give that lot the benefit of the doubt . The margins are small but what we are witnessing is that these decisions are costing Rangers .

Even Gollum has just said they scored with a much debated off side goal . It’s so blatantly off side and should never have been allowed .
3 of their players were offside, it's not a debate it's f*cking cheating us.

Last edited:
We can go into all the reasons why We didn’t actually win it, missed chances, there were a few, missed penalty, yes that too but all that aside when officials fail to do the simplest bid tasks and flag a blatant offside we are truly proverbially pissing into the wind.
I called it immediately as did many round about me that they , yes they, more than one, were offside yet the official couldn’t call it, not difficult it’s his remit, he should have been level but failed to do the simplest of tasks and flag for offside.

Pissing in the wind, unfortunately yes we absolutely are.

We weren’t cheated - that’s ridiculous

Apologies if coming across like that.
But I just feel we dominated them for 90 minutes and were unable to score, even though they were down to 10 men.

That’s the way football goes.

There will be other times when we don’t dominate.

The refereeing issue will remain the same unless the club speaks out.

The Mr. Nice Guy approach achieves nothing.

It’s just a tired old cliche used by idiots, fact is we absolutely out played them, bottling it is the 5-0 or 5-1 of previous years where we just capitulated.
Correct mate we bottled nothing we never had the break of the ball and luck. Onto Thursday back to winning ways big month still to come, it’s sore yesterday but let’s get it out our minds and back to matters at hand

3 of their players were offside, it's not a debate it's f*cking cheating us.
Absolutely nemesis , plus cheated out of a penalty plus the same at Aberdeen , time for the Club to be questioning the refereeing system which is most definitely anti Rangers FC :mad:

We played them off the park , if I was one of their supporters I would be very worried , there goalkeeper was outstanding and he saved them from a real drubbing . Their day will come indeed !

one thing I will say about us being cheated which technically we were, if that's them getting that decision for offside with us winning the cup, then the Scottish media are calling out Gollum and the linesman and they've almost certainly had plenty of death threats by now

because it was us, nobody will care to mention it other than a throwaway "hint of offside" as Skeletor said on the BBC report
It was mentioned in the record today that the goal was inches offside.

If the roles were reversed, they'd be going apoplectic about it, the players, the manager, the board.

We just don't have it in us to do that. Wired differently.

We take out chances today we win regardless of an offside goal. You simply can’t miss that amount of chances and a penalty in a cup final it’s absolutely criminal. We outplayed them yesterday but we never punished them.

I was surprised on Sportscene that Thompson said Rangers should feel aggrieved because in their last 2 games bad officiating has cost us.

Denied a stonewall penalty against Aberdeen then a few dodgy decisions yesterday as well.

Back