Cheering the green team playing a blue one

Around 2002 I went to a Plymouth Argyle match with a mate who was a Royal Marine and a Ce@¥ic supporter and was renting a room off me at the time. Argyle were playing QPR.

I was sitting laughing to myself and my pal asked me what I was laughing at.

I told him: I am sitting on a green seat with a mentally challenged, wanting a team in green to win playing a team in red, white and blue called Rangers.

What a topsy turvy world we live in.

Don't mind International teams playing in green. Like to see club teams getting beat when wearing green though - quite mental but it's programmed in.

Rarity for me;(see the Bonnyrigg thread) :)but as others have pointed out;
Northern Ireland are the exception to the rule..... WATP

Around 2002 I went to a Plymouth Argyle match with a mate who was a Royal Marine and a Ce@¥ic supporter and was renting a room off me at the time. Argyle were playing QPR.

I was sitting laughing to myself and my pal asked me what I was laughing at.

I told him: I am sitting on a green seat with a mentally challenged, wanting a team in green to win playing a team in red, white and blue called Rangers.

What a topsy turvy world we live in.

Sniff sniff

NEVER NEVER NEVER, ( big Ian)
Seriously I went to watch a match in south Africa in 1975 memories not brilliant but I'm sure it was Johannesburg Rangers against Durban Celtic?
Rangers came out in black & white ( Juventus style) & Celtic came out in orange & blue , I thought what the %^*& ???
I know it was in the Rand stadium in 1975 & it was weird

Owls 1 up against Cardiff.
Followed Wednesday since we moved to England in ‘88 but this away kit makes me want to boke.
Not as much as the hooped monstrosity they had early ‘90’s though!

Your right back Palmer,the Englishman who has been capped by Clarke is absolute shite mate,very fortunate not to have given away a penalty.
It shows how bad that Scottish squad is when they have to cap dross like him.

I was a fan of the Seattle Supersonics when I first started following the NBA, they wore green and white.
I've been to baseball games and wanted the Rangers to lose.

Possibly childish I know but I just can't do it!
I root for any team that's playing a team in green!
:cool:
Exactly why I can’t want Buckie to win tonight either.
Or Yeovil, Sporting Lisbon, Panathinaikos or Legia.
Actually, as always, there is an exception.
Northern Ireland.

Not childish at all. Wife bought me a Lacoste polo shirt and I told her I wouldn’t wear it because the crocodile was green. She wasn’t happy and she ended up returning it.

The prick hairdresser on gogglebox has got a green and white hooped top on tonight. definitely a wrong un!

I used to play for a team that wore green kit. Dark green but still rank. I used to be on at the manager all the time to wear the away kit any time we weren’t playing a team in white. He was decent to be fair and used to change it for me as much as he could. It was a running joke at the club how we often played at home in white

I was in Venice on a day trip from Lake Garda last year. I knew Venezia was their team, so I thought I might buy a T-shirt or some kind of souvenir. Aaagghhh turns out they play in a very dodgy colour scheme indeed.

Same as the Miami Dolphins when Dan Marino was their big superstar. Not if you paid me to would I wear that :oops:

If Northern Ireland played Italy Or France then I would cheer the green team against the blue.

Going to Elche v Sporting Gijon tomorrow night with 2 sons and nephew on Elche supporters bus from the area , Elche are white with green band and Gijon red white and blue same happened a few weeks ago when we went and ended up supporting Fuenlabrada who were in all blue haha , think after tomorrow we may be banned .

Going to Elche v Sporting Gijon tomorrow night with 2 sons and nephew on Elche supporters bus from the area , Elche are white with green band and Gijon red white and blue same happened a few weeks ago when we went and ended up supporting Fuenlabrada who were in all blue haha , think after tomorrow we may be banned .
Didn't Novo play for Gijon ?

Couldnt bring myself to support Canberra Raiders when I lived there. Lime green strips.
To be fair they were rank rotten for a long while. I’ve left Aus now and couldn’t care less about the NRL but I believe they’ve become a strong team again

I might have taken this to extremes remember hoping Stafford Rangers would beat Stalybridge Cellik. Have never seen either side and don't know what colours they wear. :rolleyes:

I had the dubious honour of going to a game at Stalybridge and sat bemused as the home side played in blue and white and their ground had blue seats, including a stand with celtic picked out in white seats.

I took a bit of pleasure reckoning mentally challengeds' heads would implode if they went there.

WATP

Back