Chelsea chaos as trustees threaten to resign after being handed club control by Roman Abramovich after Ukraine invasion

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
CHELSEA have been plunged into chaos after some of the trustees charged with taking control of the club from Roman Abramovich threatened to stand down, according to reports.

The Russian billionaire owner, 55, handed stewardship of the Blues to the six-strong charitable group over the weekend.

Chairman Bruce Buck, women's manager Emma Hayes, John Devine, Sir Hugh Robertson, Paul Ramos and Piara Powar make up the group.

According to the BBC, members of new leadership met on Sunday to discuss the situation.

And Abramovich's plan may now be on the brink of collapse after The Telegraph claimed 'some of the trustees could quit their post' amid Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

On Monday, reports claimed Abramovich was trying to broker peace between Russia and Ukraine following last week's invasion and the ongoing war.

Despite that, the Telegraph states Chelsea's trustees are set for more meetings this week and that some 'may not remain in place'.

The report claims at least TWO of the six 'have raised concerns privately amid suggestions they will be compromised'.

It also reveals 'individual issues of conflict of interest have been voiced as well as wider worries over whether running a football club as part of the foundation could be compatible with charity law'.

Should some of the trustees step away from the role, Chelsea will either continue with the plan without them as a smaller group, replace those who leave or scrap the plan and re-think entirely.

Last week, Abramovich released a statement revealing he would take a step back for the sake of the club.

The Blues' owner said: "I have always taken decisions with the club's best interest at heard.

"I remain committed to these values.

"That is why I am today giving trustees of Chelsea's charitable Foundation the stewardship and care of Chelsea FC.

"I believe that currently they are in the best position to look after the interests of the club, players, staff, and fans."

Hahahahaha. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of c.unts. IRA Power excluded in do sympathise with the trustees as this must be a difficult position to be put in, but when you're dealing with a bastard like Abramovich then you can never be sure what's next.

Piara Powar you say?!

that fvcking rat!
There’s a good bit of detail in this report worth a 3 min read

The oligarch involved at Everton has also been barred but he is club partner sponsor

There’s a good bit of detail in this report worth a 3 min read

The oligarch involved at Everton has also been barred but he is club partner sponsor
They should all be booted out of English football. It’s like a who’s who of despots, crooks and scumbags.

I have had corrupt owner and tried to change the ownership structure.
I vote that they be relegated to EFL 2

They should all be booted out of English football. It’s like a who’s who of despots, crooks and scumbags.
You have a point mate , not sure what the answer is but I’m just relieved we are not a club who’s soul has been ransacked by trash like them .

An odd situation.. Abramovich cleary not handing over actual control.. more handing over the day-to-day running. It’s a bit of PR for the club and bit of battening down the hatches for Abramovich.

Chelsea are kind of screwed if they do or don’t on this.
I do find the clamour to criticise the club, and the insinuation that Chelsea supporters might be supportive of Russia in all of this because of Abramovich to be in poor taste. I saw enough comments on Facebook with people “surprised” (maybe it was disappointment) that Chelsea fans participated in the tribute to Ukraine on Sunday and weren’t waving Russian flags.

The club is owned by this individual.. and as we of all supports should know, if a rich individual has a stake in your club then getting them out is an extremely difficult task - if you even want to.

Not really sure what people want Chelsea FC to do right now.
Countries waging war/military incursion on others should be above & beyond the remit of football club response.

My understanding is that Bournemouth are also owned by someone who has got connections to the Russian regime.
No one’s mentioned them yet!!!

My understanding is that Bournemouth are also owned by someone who has got connections to the Russian regime.
If true, both they and Chelsea should have their football licenses immediately removed. They should both be kicked out of all competitions they are in.

He is russian, he is in Petrochemicals. He is very wealthy, so good chance he has ties and connections with the Russian Government.

Maxim Demin owns them, he’s a British citizen now and by all accounts isn’t affected by this due to no links to Putin.

A mate of mine worked in Bruce Buck's gaff, said he was the most ignorant person imaginable.

A mate of mine worked in Bruce Buck's gaff, said he was the most ignorant person imaginable.
Would make sense. The whole club is repugnant. New money, all bought, ideas above their station.

The irony of fans standing at Wembley under the Stand With Ukraine sign is totally unpalatable.

They should not be allowed to play football, whilst an asset of Abramovich.

Back