Chelsea Fans New Flag

I love the flag and clearly am no Chelsea fan, but respect is due for it. Was at the Chelsea v Rangers friendly wearing my Luton/Rangers ski hat, 1985 for the Bradford Fire Fund Raiser to the families.

It was that night, that the modern Blues Brothers Chelsea/Rangers/Linfield links truly began in earnest.

Yes, today not as strong links as they once were, but ask any Chelsea fans if they had to choose who they prefer out of us and the harbourers and I'd bet 90% plus would go for the Bears.

I was at that game and also went down to the to Goodison to see them v Everton.... Several Rangers buses went down that day and we were treated superbly by the Chelsea support... They even clapped us out of the ground singing we all agree Rangers and Chelsea are magic
Was some day out of the and managed to get banned from Carslile for life on the way back.. crazy away days on the Nithsdale

I love the flag and clearly am no Chelsea fan, but respect is due for it. Was at the Chelsea v Rangers friendly wearing my Luton/Rangers ski hat, 1985 for the Bradford Fire Fund Raiser to the families.

It was that night, that the modern Blues Brothers Chelsea/Rangers/Linfield links truly began in earnest.

Yes, today not as strong links as they once were, but ask any Chelsea fans if they had to choose who they prefer out of us and the harbourers and I'd bet 90% plus would go for the Bears.
I'm friends with a few of the old Chelsea lot, and your right, they definately favour us. A guy i know who travels all over Europe with Chelsea still says his best awayday was his visit to Ibrox for the 1st pre season friendly. I'm not so sure about some of the younger lot, and the johnny come latelys / tourists among the support, don't think they're bothered about us

The flag is nice on the face of it but the whole blues brothers carry on is nauseating. Infinitely more Rangers fans follow other second clubs or no second club, than a very small number who happen to follow both. Who are they to preach at us as to who we should be or follow?
Wether you like it or not a lot of Chelsea fans like us and vice versa.

Loved that period between 85 - 90
So many great trips to see Chelsea on rangers buses.

Maine Rd to secure promotion back up is a memory that has lingered long

Happy times

Carefree
Where ever you may be

Last edited:
The flag is nice on the face of it but the whole blues brothers carry on is nauseating. Infinitely more Rangers fans follow other second clubs or no second club, than a very small number who happen to follow both. Who are they to preach at us as to who we should be or follow?
Not sure why you think anyone is preaching ?
People are free to choose and should have a mind of their own.
The sentiment behind the flag is one which is held dear by most of our support.

This is a perfect example of why FF should have a dislike button!

Have a wee read.... https://www.ablueheart.com/football...UWccyHHKvCbEhEh5iwTS6DfB22fTtqyVHoYYXVAdoHqKs

The ground was originally built for Fulham who refused to move to it. The idea was formed of a new club Chelsea.
New teams did not complete full seasons, broke up etc, The English FA frowned upon this and Rangers said they would guarantee Chelsea and ensure this would not happen. Rangers sent an ageing player, ex captain to Chelsea and with our assistance and contacts,Chelsea FC started obviously playing in Blue.
I was told this on a Stamford bridge tour, the guide seeing my Rangers shirt, told the story ending with, thanks to this mans team Chelsea might never have been formed.
That's a cracking read mate!
For some reason I've had a liking since I was a wee boy and more recently my company had a couple of ST's for our London customers at Stamford Bridge and I was fortunate enough to use them a couple of times a season but even after considering all that, I wasn't fully aware of that history.
And by the way, that is one belter of a flag!

Big mate who sent me it is currently writing a book “Shed Boys” which should be a good laugh.
Sent him a reply praising the flag he replied “we share the same values’ which kind of a sums it up.
Had him up last year for a Hibs game, hopefully next year against them, loves the whole ethos of what we are about.

Have a wee read.... https://www.ablueheart.com/football...UWccyHHKvCbEhEh5iwTS6DfB22fTtqyVHoYYXVAdoHqKs

The ground was originally built for Fulham who refused to move to it. The idea was formed of a new club Chelsea.
New teams did not complete full seasons, broke up etc, The English FA frowned upon this and Rangers said they would guarantee Chelsea and ensure this would not happen. Rangers sent an ageing player, ex captain to Chelsea and with our assistance and contacts,Chelsea FC started obviously playing in Blue.
I was told this on a Stamford bridge tour, the guide seeing my Rangers shirt, told the story ending with, thanks to this mans team Chelsea might never have been formed.

I never knew this.

Had never realised that Rangers were actually an integral part of Chelsea FC forming at all.

Fascinating that there there should be such a link between Rangers and Chelsea dating back to the very formation of Chelsea.

Nice flag seems to be quite a few English clubs like to put our badge on their flags seen Man City one Villa Sheffield Utd Charlton Milwall I’m sure there’s loads more non league too

On holiday on the Costa Del Sol a few years ago, I was struggling to find somewhere showing a Rangers game on tv, went into a Chelsea bar and they were only too happy to accommodate me.
Of course who has to put in an appearance but the local ex-patriot mentally challenged, the Chelsea boys gave him it tight the whole time he was in.

Back