Chelsea Goalkeeper

Followbear93

Mental to think they paid 70-75 Million for him, what a waste of money.
McGregor and McLaughlan would do a better job .
Had another howler tonight against Brighton.

do feel sorry for him though as there’s been speculation for ages regarding him and it’s probably knocked his confidence. This season was huge for him but first game and poor to let that goal in.

A prime example, just like Harry McGuire, of how inflated the ego of the EPL is when one of the biggest clubs spaff the kind of money they did on an absolute haddy.

they have paid £75m for a name, not ability. Much like spending £150 on a polo shirt when you could get one from primark for £5, and the cheaper one ends up being better value.

Last edited:
A prime example, just like Harry McGuire, of how inflated the ego of the EPL is when one of the biggest clubs spaff the kind of money they did on an absolute haddy.

they have paid £75m for a name, not ability. Much like spending £150 on a polo shirt when you could get one from primary for £5, and the cheaper one ends up being better value.
Bullshit. Chelsea paid for a young goalkeeper who had an excellent couple of seasons at Bilbao and was showing lots of potential. Unfortunately it hasn’t worked out.

Man Utd paid £80m for Maguire because he was established in the EPL and a first choice England CB.

Let’s be honest here, he’s sh1t.

He’s not even a few million sh1t, he’s 80 million sh1t.

He’s been getting beat from distance since arriving at Chelsea and the shot that beat him tonight would’ve been saved by any other goalie in the Premier League.

Another player who cost a Premier League team a fortune when they probably have a better goalie in the youth team.

Bullshit. Chelsea paid for a young goalkeeper who had an excellent couple of seasons at Bilbao and was showing lots of potential. Unfortunately it hasn’t worked out.

Man Utd paid £80m for Maguire because he was established in the EPL and a first choice England CB.
Of course that’s your opinion and your more than entitled to it.
I haven’t seen anything from this guy to suggest he’s £75m worth of goalkeeping talent. Maybe if his fee was half that or less, then we could be saying he’s decent but at that kind of money you would be looking for Buffon on steroids. Crazy money for potential, even worse when it isn’t working out.
Same with Maguire, and I get what your saying about being established, I can accept that but still, He really isn’t that good a defender, not £80m worth.
My opinion is that no player is worth anywhere near this kind of money, and the EPL have created this largesse for no other reason other than vanity and greed. But I guess it won’t be going away anything soon, this madness.

they have paid £75m for a name, not ability. Much like spending £150 on a polo shirt when you could get one from primary for £5, and the cheaper one ends up being better value.
He’s crap end of mate.
None of your bullshit now lol

I’m sorry this is utter nonsense, he was phenomenal in Spain and rated highly. I agree he should make a better effort for the goal but to insinuate our keepers are better are just daft. And he’s not had the best of starts in England

Petr fcking Cech has told Lampard he’s the number one. Who in my opinion is the best keeper in premier league history. If he see’s something, there must be something.

I’m sorry this is utter nonsense, he was phenomenal in Spain and rated highly. I agree he should make a better effort for the goal but to insinuate our keepers are better are just daft. And he’s not had the best of starts in England

Petr fcking Cech has told Lampard he’s the number one. Who in my opinion is the best keeper in premier league history. If he see’s something, there must be something.
He’s pish mate.

He’s pish mate.
It’s strange, he was great at Bilbao so I don’t understand it. I don’t think he’s been great at all btw. I’m just surprised, and he’s rated by the back room staff.

Should save that shot IMO.

It’s strange, he was great at Bilbao so I don’t understand it. I don’t think he’s been great at all btw. I’m just surprised, and he’s rated by the back room staff.

Should save that shot IMO.
I don’t think he is rated by the back room staff mate I think Chelsea are desperately trying to get a new keeper in the door at the minute.

As good as he is, they should have spent the money on Nick Pope and not Havertz. Or even sign Pope instead of Chilwell. Chilwell is more solid than Alonso, better balanced. But they desperately need a top keeper.

Don’t think it would fit.

Has Petr Cech not just recommend Edouard Mendy from Rennes to be the new number one?

The Chelsea back like is poor, from Kepa across the back four.

I don’t think he is rated by the back room staff mate I think Chelsea are desperately trying to get a new keeper in the door at the minute.
I referred to it in my earlier post bud, Lampard consulted Cech on his evaluation of the goalkeeper situation. Cech rated him, I will admit I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s him done right enough.

As good as he is, they should have spent the money on Nick Pope and not Havertz. Or even sign Pope instead of Chilwell. Chilwell is more solid than Alonso, better balanced. But they desperately need a top keeper.

I think they still have plenty of money. They will sign a keeper in the next week or two by all accounts

I think they still have plenty of money. They will sign a keeper in the next week or two by all accounts

Yeah, I suppose. They'll probably sell a fair few too as they have a massive squad. They'll get decent money for Emerson, Christensen, Barkley and perhaps even Hudson-Odoi. Probably talking 100 million plus there!

He'd be ideal for a Barca or Real given that GK's don't command areas. In the EPL he's very very poor.

Did they not do some analysis on him and found that quite often he doesnt have his hands up when someones about to shoot so he has no chance of reacting in time. Sure there were a number of clips of shots going past him that were well within saving distance

Was always a really odd signing, I know it was a panic signing but still a weird one. This is one they will have to bite the bullet on, they won't get half want they paid but it will cost them more if they don't.

Chelsea should have got rid as soon as he refused to come off the pitch for Sarri. As big an ego as he is a useless c.unt.

Was always a really odd signing, I know it was a panic signing but still a weird one. This is one they will have to bite the bullet on, they won't get half want they paid but it will cost them more if they don't.
With all due respect mate it wasn’t, he was 23 and the third best goalie in La Liga behind Oblak (best keeper in the world IMO) and Ter Stegan.

It made sense on paper but hasn’t worked out. At the time I and quite a few others rated him higher than Allison. I also got a lot of info on him from mates and mates family (My best mate is a Getafe ST holder, I’ve mentioned it a few times on H&H, he raved about him)

He looks like a boy, playing men’s football. I think after tonight he will be done. But as I mentioned earlier seemingly Cech still rated him and convinced Lampard he should be No1.

People have told me it was a great shot but IMO he should be saving it.

I’ve just tried to present a balanced argument because De Gea was awful his first two seasons here, then became great and is now hopeless.

Last edited:

This is a wind up eh? Nick Pope over Havertz is a ridiculous idea

I don't rate kepa at all. He seems like a fish out of water in the epl. The Milan keeper donarumma wouldn't be a bad alternative, surprised no one has snapped him up yet.

Find it funny how Neville and the other pundits lay into Kepa at any chance but De Gea seems to get let off endlessly whenever he fecks up, which is all the time lately.

This is a wind up eh? Nick Pope over Havertz is a ridiculous idea

Why is it? Clearly Chelsea need a top keeper more than they do yet another attacking midfielder, as talented as he is. If they can get both then that's fair enough. But a top keeper should have been their first signing this transfer window. I don't care if they also go on to sign Messi, they ain't winning the EPL with Kepa or the other fella they have in goal.

Who takes off Chelsea's hands though ?

Either way you have £75m sitting on the bench or out on loan.

They could have signed near enough any keeper in world football for £75m and they end up with Kepa.

Back