Chelsea preparing to step up pursuit of Kai Havertz - Telegraph

If the Timo Werner signing goes through, and Chelsea then add Havertz to their roster (and possibly Ben Chilwell if the rumours are to be believed), they will have the makings of a side that could easily challenge Liverpool for EPL supremacy. What's more, Chelsea will have youth on their side and can only get better in the coming years, whereas many of Liverpool's key players - who are much older - have probably peaked.

In view of all these impressive new signings, I wonder what Lampard's plans are for Billy Gilmour?
Definately need an upgrade between the sticks Kepa has a lot of errors in his game. An experienced cb to play beside timori And they’ll be challenging.
As for Gilmour the signing of Havertz wouldn’t directly affect him as he plays deeper anyways. a big season for him if he can somehow make appearances more often.
A real statement of intent if this one goes through.

That Surprises me , have you seen much of him ? He’s probably in the top three or four strikers in Europe just now , he's a superb striker.
I seen a lot of home this year really for the first time and agree he is cracking player but I am not sure he can make the step up as whenever I see him for Germany he seems a level below the players around him

Still think Havertz will end up at Bayern but he would be a great signing for Chelsea if he went there. Along with Werner and Ziyech then they could be quite exciting to watch next season.

Found it interesting with Ziyech back training with Ajax yesterday he must have some arrangement with them to train there until he can move to Chelsea.

Still think Havertz will end up at Bayern but he would be a great signing for Chelsea if he went there. Along with Werner and Ziyech then they could be quite exciting to watch next season.

Found it interesting with Ziyech back training with Ajax yesterday he must have some arrangement with them to train there until he can move to Chelsea.

I think Bayern as well. Think Bayern have got to be a bit creative with their dealings, as they want Sane this summer who will potentially cost them £70M+. Perhaps they might try & strike a deal now with Leverkusen for a transfer next summer, gives him another year at Leverkusen at allows Bayern to split the funds needed for both players.

This is where Chelsea might have 'an in' though, if Leverkusen want the funds straight away or not sell to a rival at all, or if Havertz pushes to move this window.

Everyone was praising Chelsea for bringing through some exciting young players during the transfer embargo. Now here they are reverting to type and splashing the cash big style. It's all still about the money and I find that more than a little disappointing.

Nobody is getting Havertz for that money.

Leverkusen don't need to sell, they will get the £90m they value him at.

Ziyech, Werner and Havertz potentially all in the same team next season.

Mouth watering.

I seen a lot of home this year really for the first time and agree he is cracking player but I am not sure he can make the step up as whenever I see him for Germany he seems a level below the players around him

A hundred goals before his 25 birthday isn't bad right enough.

I see him as an old fashioned striker, he probably won't be involved in all the build up and he probably isn't going to get you 20 assists a season.

The number of times he gets one on one is his talent for me, can't teach that instinct and movement.

Would score 25+ in England for me.

If the Timo Werner signing goes through, and Chelsea then add Havertz to their roster (and possibly Ben Chilwell if the rumours are to be believed), they will have the makings of a side that could easily challenge Liverpool for EPL supremacy. What's more, Chelsea will have youth on their side and can only get better in the coming years, whereas many of Liverpool's key players - who are much older - have probably peaked.

In view of all these impressive new signings, I wonder what Lampard's plans are for Billy Gilmour?
Back 5 isn't good enough - even with Chilwell, who would be an outstanding signing. Their future, Cole.

Would be an unreal summer for Chelsea if they could tie down havertz as well as having ziyech and Werner. There main issue defensively is not having a quality left back and a good gk. Unless they sort that I don’t think they will challenge for the league next year.

Chelsea will be worth watching if they make a couple of signings in back four area especially c.b Closer to start of season a look at signings maybe worth a punt.

Havertz at Chelsea would improve them no end. Absolutely top class. He could improve any team in the world.

Abraham up front, Werner and Ziyech out wide and Havertz in the middle. Might be the best attack in the premier league. However Chelsea still need to improve their defence and keeper if they want to challenge for the league.
They can sign whatever top 4 they want they ain't winning shit until they get shot of the big donkey in goal and a get a top centre half.

A player who is going to the very top.
The best player Ibrox has since in a long, long time.

I don't think Muller gets the credit he deserves. I know he is renowned for his movement and finding space but for me he has the lot. A pure winner, would love a player like him your team.
A bit like Ballack for me, never got the praise I felt he deserved

Looks like I will need to change from Bundesliga to EPL on ultimate team next year as my 2 go to players havertz and Werner are at Chelsea.

Both absolute brilliant talents. Havertz makes football look effortless

Back