Chelsea to sack Conte this week?

They really do need some stability with managers. Won the most trophies I think in the last 10 years or so chopping and changing. Imagine if they had stability with managers . Possibly win more ?

If this is true, why wait until a month after the season has finished to do so ?

It’s starting to look like it might be better for Chelsea if Abramovich sold up to the Rafferty guy.

As much as they could do with some stability with managers it doesn't seem like Conte is the type of guy that could sit in a job for more than 3 years

Conte chucked it last season and the players downed tools. A new manager is needed. But I thought he would’ve been away at the end of last season it’s strange timing

They have won 23 major trophies in the last 20 years - (28 in their history). They will be just fine.

I doubt it unless Abramovic continues to spend heavily on players. The quality of their current squad is nowhere near the squad of 3 years ago. City , Utd, will leave them behind.

Apart from the odd blip it’s the team who spends the most that wins the most.

They will end up running out of top level managers to hire.

Was thinking this as well.

They are such a strange club. The continuously hire good managers, that seem to start of well, even winning league titles. And then come the 2nd season they start lessening his power & influence in the transfer market, they sign players he didn't want, & they piss each other off until they sack him. Then the cycle continues again.

It's just all so strange.

Chelsea are a very well run club. A successful picture of what we are trying to create strong technical director and transfer philosophy that allows for the transition of first team coaching staff without causing chaos at the club, it seems chaotic to British eyes but it’s big standard on the continent.

A lot of the problems that raise there heads at the first team level for Chelsea come when the manager wants to mess with the system they are told no and get huffy.

Michael Emenalo moving on in many ways is a bigger deal than Conte leaving though Luis Campos should be an able replacement.

Conte chucked it last season and the players downed tools. A new manager is needed. But I thought he would’ve been away at the end of last season it’s strange timing

Correct. The body language on the final day of the season said more than any post match or post season interviews ever could.

Personally I think the entire first team needs gutted. I'd keep TC, Kante, and Willian. I'd also keep Barkley and Giroud given both joined in January.

I think the rest have been there too long and view themselves as at least equal to or bigger than the club. They brought down Jose and now Conte. There are also rumours of odd signing policies behind the scenes so whoever is signing players should go too.

I don't think some of those players that were signed were Conte's choice morata and bakayoko

Seems the delay is down to two things. Conte is due a £9 Milligan pay off if he is sacked and Napoli are holding out for compensation even though they have already sacked Sarri. Very odd situation.

Sacking Conte is just insane to me, he is good coach who has done well with Chelsea this year. I'm sure he will improve them next season, with a few new additions and getting rid of the deadwood.

Chelsea do seem to be a well run and efficient club, which doesn't rely on Roman's handouts anymore due to the huge TV money EPL clubs get.

However, I think their biggest issue is their debt and its repayment. With Roman and the British Government current going at it over his Visa, he could at any point decide enough is enough, pull out of Chelsea, which could leave them with some serious issues to consider.

Today is exactly one month since the FA Cup final, he should've been sacked or announced he was staying straight after the game.

The longer it goes on the more it buggers up Chelsea, and the bigger the hit they take the happier I am.

Back