Chelsea Tweeting Explanation of Leeds Rivalry

We will have school aged fans of why we despise Aberdeen, they will know we do but perhaps not why. I don't imagine our official Twitter to highlight it but there's nothing badly wrong with Chelsea

AQGt4i5.jpg

Chelsea aren't Chelsea anymore to be fair.

It happens to any club that whores itself for money.

I have to chuckle when I see those who cling onto a "blues brothers narrative". Why give a fig for chelsea anymore than Man Utd, City, Liverpool or Burnley.

Couldn't give two hoots about any of them.

I was told on the official Chelsea tour by the guide that the reason Chelsea wear blue is that their first captain was Scottish and also played for Rangers and he picked the colours.
Should be easy enough to verify I would imagine? Would link in withe the lion too I suppose, although I think our crest at the time was a star? Scottish lion perhaps?

Used to have a season ticket at the bridge, but gave it up when we moved house as my mortgage is fucking bananas and my ST was over a grand a season. nae chance.

really dont miss it at all, it's weird. when i first moved to london many moons ago i was instantly in love with the bridge when i took in my first game live - think its the fact that the premier league itself is just fucking over rated dross that i've fallen out of love with it.

i will watch chelsea when on telly and do want them to win, but i can speak first hand having traveled home and away to watch chelsea for many years that the fanbase is fucking dreadful. Majority of cunts that would sit near me would be an irritating rotation of australian and american tourists. got on my tits.

Not really a rivalry if you need reminding that it's a rivalry. Aberdeen clinging to us as rivals springs to mind.

No problem with a video like that. I actually found it interesting and I’m sure there are a lot of younger fans on social media who enjoyed hearing about previous encounters having not played Leeds in 16 years.

Rivalry is probably a loose term here. To be honest, I’d love if our club did something similar for famous matches against certain teams. Some folk just love to moan about anything on here eh :D

Can't say it bothers me tbh, especially given the global audience for something like this.

I have to chuckle when I see those who cling onto a "blues brothers narrative". Why give a fig for chelsea anymore than Man Utd, City, Liverpool or Burnley.

Chelsea will always be Chelsea and the hard core will always be there. Not their fault they became successful.

Watching the game at the moment as a neutral.
Some nice football from both teams.
I don't mind the video, just part of a club's modern media output.
Strange strip Leeds are wearing though, talking of rivalry, it seems to be in Bradford City colours?
Anyone from Yorkshire explain why the strange choice for an away kit?

Chelsea will always be Chelsea and the hard core will always be there. Not their fault they became successful.

Fair enough, you could apply the same status to City of course.

But its really not the same anymore. Work with some Leeds diehards and when they go to Chelsea or City...their overriding sentiment is its not the same anymore.

Each to their own mate, but I’ve met many good people when going down to London or other parts of England for Chelsea away matches, there’s also a decent amount of lads that come up to Glasgow often for our games.

Each to their own mate, but I’ve met many good people when going down to London or other parts of England for Chelsea away matches, there’s also a decent amount of lads that come up to Glasgow often for our games.

Thats true....but I could say the same about Leeds fans, Millwall fans, West Ham fans. Lots of fans of other clubs who Ive met whilst following Rangers.

I don't feel any greater warmth to them, or Chelsea, or anyone else, because some of their fans have a soft spot for Rangers. Its good that fans of other clubs like Rangers, but I prefer to leave fawning special relationships to the other side of Glasgow.

Imagine wanting to educate a young or new audience...

How did you learn about football as a kid?
Fair point but this isn't a rivalry, it's a match between two teams who played 2 hard FA Cup games which just happened to be a Final and Final replay.

But I get what you're saying.

I don’t see anything wrong with the video. It’s informative and has great clips of bygone games.

Some people are just miserable.
Sometimes it seems some people actually don't like football. Or sit all day long waiting for something to complain about on the internet. Ironically they will complain about some aspect of modern life/football.

I've seen footage of the Wembley game and Old Trafford replay on YouTube.

Some absolutely brutal challenges flying in from both teams.

Good to watch though. :))

The first ever FA Cup final to go to a replay. Unusually the replay was broadcast live in Scotland as there were no other games being played that day. I remember watching the game with my Dad and wanting Chelsea to win as did probably the entire country apart from Leeds fans. In the climate of the time it was a tousy affair.

A load of old pish :)) Chelsea aren't Chelsea anymore?
That's like some fuckin whopper from the east end on the Internet claiming we're not Rangers anymore.
If a billionaire was to buy us,you would be throwing the towel in then as we wouldn't be Rangers anymore?

A load of old pish :)) Chelsea aren't Chelsea anymore?
That's like some fuckin whopper from the east end on the Internet claiming we're not Rangers anymore.
If a billionaire was to buy us,you would be throwing the towel in then as we wouldn't be Rangers anymore?

You knew what I meant...Not 'the same' Chelsea as the one of the 80s and 90s, as in, its a club thats lost a bit of its soul. I don't see any billionaires buying us nor the front being filled with Asian tourists recording everything on their phones...so your second point is a moot one.

You knew what I meant...Not 'the same' Chelsea as the one of the 80s and 90s, as in, its a club thats lost a bit of its soul. I don't see any billionaires buying us nor the front being filled with Asian tourists recording everything on their phones...so your second point is a moot one.
No it hasn't I go to watch Chelsea all the time,it's the same club and the vast majority of fans are the same folk,it's lost it soul no more than the rest of the premier league clubs in the modern era,.
Sanitised football for the global game.
Comparing football of the 80s and 90s,life and times have moved on,I dislike it as much as the next man but it is what it is.

Faakin, wot you maag?

(Pavement dances forward.....pavement dances back, arms outstretched)

Back