Chelsea v Burnley

This game is having it's own goal of the month competition

I'm a wee bit disappointed that a Sean Dyche team can have so many cramp problems. But, not withstanding, they were worthy of the point. As for Chelsea, I fear that they're in a period of irresistible decline and the next few years may see them falling even further behind, especially with Abramovic's problems with the UK authorities, never mind the always looming presence of Putin.

I'm a wee bit disappointed that a Sean Dyche team can have so many cramp problems. But, not withstanding, they were worthy of the point. As for Chelsea, I fear that they're in a period of irresistible decline and the next few years may see them falling even further behind, especially with Abramovic's problems with the UK authorities, never mind the always looming presence of Putin.

Agree with you mate something simply isn’t right they had a great manager in Conte and the whole stadium thing is simply weird one minute it’s happening now it’s off or on hold whilst three London clubs now have bigger stadiums and look to be on the up whilst Chelsea look in decline (when you compare now to the past 20 years). Very odd.

Without Hazard they really are a poor outfit.

I’ve no love for Chelsea and Burnley are entitled to whatever they can to get points but been good if there’d been some football in the last 20 mins. If the ref added the right amount of added time they’d still be playing

Football but not as we know it from Burnley .
High ball to two big guys up front and all that time wasting .
To think Brian Clough used to say that his teams "were in the entertainment business" and yet they still won things.
If Dyche is England's future they are in trouble.

To think Brian Clough used to say that his teams "were in the entertainment business" and yet they still won things.

Results business, if Rangers needed a point to guarantee a title and they got it by any means necessary you wouldn't have anyone moaning, Burnley needed a point to stay up and they got it.

We play a mixed style but against the big teams, away from home, we were always going to frustrate and slow the game down to have any chance of getting anything, try and play expansive football against a team with the pace and trickery of Hazard and we'd have been rolled over.

Mourinho did it plenty whilst Chelsea manager so I've no sympathy.

I’ve no love for Chelsea and Burnley are entitled to whatever they can to get points but been good if there’d been some football in the last 20 mins. If the ref added the right amount of added time they’d still be playing
Indeed but we moan like %^*& when teams do it to us and it looked a bit like Killie Rangers game at times

Murder to watch

Burnley did last night exactly what we moan about teams doing at Ibrox. Time wasting the whole game. Not attempting to attack second half and amazing number of players with cramp. Chelsea were poor second half per usual idiot manager got subs wrong. Kovacic and Jorginho slows everything down and simply doesn’t work. It amazes me that everyone moans about diving being cheating but brazen time wasting is good game management.
Football needs independent time keepers and clock stopping. As fans and customers we are regularly cheated out of the 90 minutes we supposedly pay for.

Like watching Killie and Aberdeen.....playing for set pieces, wasting time etc etc. Burnley keeper was booked for time wasting after 30 mins!

Back