Chelsea vs Man Utd

Harry Maguire “his personality saved him” that’s one for the hacks up here ,
Picture the scene Griffiths stamps on someone and Clancy doesn’t send him off because “his personality saves him”

probably got a good chance of happening up here to be honest, he's already saved by his "issues" that don't actually exist

probably got a good chance of happening up here to be honest, he's already saved by his "issues" that don't actually exist
It’s the perfect line for English , Keevins , Hannah et al to trot out , only consolation is the failed trialist/mp/human being won’t get the chance for a while.

The Fred push was not responsible for the Chelsea player using two hands to shove Williams flat on his face. Clearly the Var ref judged that Fred’s minimal push did not create the momentum for the two handed push on the defender.

With your hypothesis, which I disagree with, it is therefore a penalty to Chelsea.

I would take foreign referees over VAR any day. It has just shown tonight that the person that had made a crucial call on a big game using the VAR platform has clearly not followed previous protocol on kickouts. Therefore it looks like whoever 'the second referee' disguised as VAR is they can make calls based on their feelings, not rules. Imagine Madden reffing and then it cuts to Clancy using VAR.

Neville sticking up for VAR technically correct, but is ruining the game as a spectacle.
He probably never stood on a terracing and experienced the joy of a goal, always with the prawn sandwich mob in corporate.
Now it seems you would be checking the screen before reacting losing that spontaneous eruption, the footylimbs twitter thing will sadly be a thing of the past.

Was at the game now drowning sorrows in pub near the bridge. F in joke tonight and hundreds walked out in disgust after 2nd disallowed goal including mates I have never seen leave early even when Chelsea crap and relegated in 80s. Just doesn’t feel like football

Was at the game now drowning sorrows in pub near the bridge. F in joke tonight and hundreds walked out in disgust after 2nd disallowed goal including mates I have never seen leave early even when Chelsea crap and relegated in 80s. Just doesn’t feel like football

How are the Chelsea fans feeling about Frank, does he still have their backing?

How are the Chelsea fans feeling about Frank, does he still have their backing?
Totally see this season as learning curve but want him to learn quickly and annoying that club didn’t do anything in January.
Would rather see more kids and drop players doing nothing. Only worry picking Christensen

If the margin for error can be 40 cm (about 16 inches) I'm not sure they should be using it.

I totally agree.

Liverpool are so good, that I don’t think it will have affected the title, but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s had an impact on relegation.

The example I read was regarding a Sterling goal. They said he was 2cm offside, but could equally have been 10cm onside. Baffles me that the benefit of the doubt didn’t go to the attacker.

Chelsea
  • 13Caballero
  • 24James
  • 4Christensen
  • 2Rüdiger
  • 28Azpilicueta
  • 7Kanté
  • 5Jorginho
  • 17Kovacic
  • 11Pedro
  • 23Batshuayi
  • 10Willian
Substitutes
  • 1Arrizabalaga
  • 3Alonso
  • 8Barkley
  • 15Zouma
  • 18Giroud
  • 19Mount
  • 29Tomori
Man Utd
  • 1de Gea
  • 3Bailly
  • 5Maguire
  • 23Shaw
  • 29Wan-Bissaka
  • 17Fred
  • 31Matic
  • 53Williams
  • 18Bruno Fernandes
  • 21James
  • 9Martial
Substitutes
  • 4Jones
  • 8Mata
  • 15Pereira
  • 20Dalot
  • 22Romero
  • 25Ighalo
  • 26Greenwood
How many English players there?

How many posts on here mention var. So much for it clearing up the game. Its ruining the game that is the most popular in the world. If nobody can see the harm it's doing, then I would suggest you just dont want to admit you got it wrong. Lines across screens to suss out a toes length for a decision made by guys sitting in some nuclear bunker miles away. Sad really.

Maybe fans groups around the world should get together to try and get rid of it. The ones who attend the games are getting the raw deal.

I actually think the 2 disallowed goals were correct decisions but why VAR doesn't get involved to send Maguire off is embarrassing. He's flat out kicked the guy in the baws, couldn't be more obvious. Son had a kick out where he grazed Rudiger and was sent off by VAR, the inconsistency is a real problem.

I actually think the 2 disallowed goals were correct decisions but why VAR doesn't get involved to send Maguire off is embarrassing. He's flat out kicked the guy in the baws, couldn't be more obvious. Son had a kick out where he grazed Rudiger and was sent off by VAR, the inconsistency is a real problem.

I'm not so sure about the first one. No doubt Azpilicueta shoves the Man U player Williams, but arguably only because he was shoved himself. Surely as that was the first incident, it should have actually been a penalty?

I'm not so sure about the first one. No doubt Azpilicueta shoves the Man U player Williams, but arguably only because he was shoved himself. Surely as that was the first incident, it should have actually been a penalty?
Think the difference when it comes to pushing in football is one arm Vs two arms. Fred leans into Azpilicueta's back with one arm who then pushes into the back of Williams with 2 arms. It is harsh since you could argue without Fred's intervention Azpilicueta potentially won't touch Williams but I thought it was a foul at the time and I'd be shouting for it if it was us.

Surely the fellas in charge of VAR at that game will be getting their jotters after their shocking performance. Who was it? Sir Alex and Gary Neville?

Surely the fellas in charge of VAR at that game will be getting their jotters after their shocking performance. Who was it? Sir Alex and Gary Neville?
Kavanagh on VAR duty ( from the Manchester FA ) Ref Taylor from Manchester also but supports non-league Altrincham ...... aye right

var is awful
some terrible decisions tonight
i think each manager should be allowed
to call for var on one occasion each half
the rest of the game is refs decision
var isnt solving anything
being offside because your big toe is offside is ridiculous

Just watched it there - those VAR calls all in United's favour seem strange.

McGuire - Off, no questions asked. Another sign that England internationals are a protected species down South??
1st disallowed goal the United player pushes the Chelsea player into the wee kid who falls over. Clear goal.

Who was the United fan that was operating VAR last night??

Hopefully it is not too late to bin VAR, it has solved nothing, it should have been used for blatant offsides or missed incidents, not someones toes being offside.

Thus far, VAR in England has tended to favour the ' establishment ' clubs and shaft those not in favour.
Wait til it comes up here and it's being judged by Clancy, Collum and the rest.

I would take foreign referees over VAR any day. It has just shown tonight that the person that had made a crucial call on a big game using the VAR platform has clearly not followed previous protocol on kickouts. Therefore it looks like whoever 'the second referee' disguised as VAR is they can make calls based on their feelings, not rules. Imagine Madden reffing and then it cuts to Clancy using VAR.
Clancy would spot an incident the prior Wednesday and use that is a foul in the bud up to the goal Inna Saturday.
It's not happening in Scotland anyway....
We know this as you are not hearing Celtic screaming for it. They don't need to, they are much much better off without it!!

They shouldn’t be using the lines on the screen with VAR to decide offside decisions. If it’s not clear and obviously offside looking at it without using lines , then no offside.

That's a good idea actually. Teams could then cut the pitch long ways opposed to side to side to stop those lines helping out as well.

Game is about goals, whatever happened to the striker getting the benefit of the doubt

1. 45 onwards.

He tried to stop to guy from falling with his foot. Can't even look at the interviewer whilst saying it. Maguire has ripped the absolute piss out of var there.

They shouldn’t be using the lines on the screen with VAR to decide offside decisions. If it’s not clear and obviously offside looking at it without using lines , then no offside.
this is the way var should be used.

The problem is not VAR. VAR was brought in because of shite referees who are supposed to know the rules but have never kicked a ball in their lives. so we now have shite referees being monitored by shite referees in an office somewhere north of London. Two out of three VAR reviews wrong last night

The thing is United we’re still the better team and deserved to win. I believe one of Chelsea’s goals were ok. Maguire was lucky to stay on.

Man Utd rightfully get slaughtered but they've now managed to turn Chelsea over 3 times this season so its surprising that Chelsea don't get more criticism.

Lampard has done a pretty poor job so far. Their home form is awful.

chelsea were very poor last night but at the same time they were completely robbed, anthony taylor from manchester doing a great job last night and VAR.

they would fit in up here

The thing is United we’re still the better team and deserved to win. I believe one of Chelsea’s goals were ok. Maguire was lucky to stay on.

Maguire going off and Chelsea’s legit goal standing changes everything though. I joke about United being the Salford Celtic, but that was like watching the real thing last night, scandalous refereeing display which gift wrapped them 3 points.

Man Utd rightfully get slaughtered but they've now managed to turn Chelsea over 3 times this season so its surprising that Chelsea don't get more criticism.

Lampard has done a pretty poor job so far. Their home form is awful.

They've been unable to sign any players and have went with a rookie manager. They can feel hard done by last night.

They've been unable to sign any players and have went with a rookie manager. They can feel hard done by last night.

They have a squad worth hundreds of millions. They signed Pulisic for about £60M in the summer plus spent £130M on Jorginho & Kepa the summer before so I don't really buy that excuse.

Back