Chelsea vs Real Madrid

Well done Chelsea and Man City for that matter. I don't bother about any English team but, both clubs fans are most definitely welcoming when it comes to us. I know few on here follow both clubs too.

I'll probably watch this one. First CL game of the season for me. I think that's probably a first tbh.

I will mate, really couldn't care less, fitba is really shite the now, the lack of fans, the lack of appeal, it's tough for me the now. Maybe I'm in the minority, but just can't get up for it.

I've been a bit like this for a few years now mate. Outwith us (and other Scottish games) i don't watch all that much football, far less get excited about it.

I'll definitely watch this one though.

The other two semi finalists had 3 players from each of their home countries playing.

How many Scottish players start for us regularly?
Again when did you see me defending PSG or Real Madrid? I was just making a point because Chelsea and Man City doesn't sound particularly appealing in a Champions League final. Real Madrid and PSG at least sound as though they belong there. I'm probably being a bit disingenuous anyway because I'd have little interest if it was Real v PSG either but it's a bit less in your face that's all.

I never said they were. Real Madrid are slightly more subtle because with money or without, they would probably still be near the top of the tree. The same can't be said for City or Chelsea.
I think you're like many of us: frustrated that we are consigned to licking windows. 2 very average clubs, especially Chelsea. It genuinely makes me sick that these twats are getting to CL finals.

Again when did you see me defending PSG or Real Madrid? I was just making a point because Chelsea and Man City doesn't sound particularly appealing in a Champions League final. Real Madrid and PSG at least sound as though they belong there. I'm probably being a bit disingenuous anyway because I'd have little interest if it was Real v PSG either but it's a bit less in your face that's all.
Top level of European football does seem very bland right now and there aren’t many teams who really pique my interest.

Even the last time Chelsea won they had 2 or 3 English players but they had massive personalities English and non English (Lampard, Cole, Drogba..)

Not many finals in the elite of Europe who is be that arsed about watching. Bayern vs Real maybe.

I think you're like many of us: frustrated that we are consigned to licking windows. 2 very average clubs, especially Chelsea. It genuinely makes me sick that these twats are getting to CL finals.
It's a Super League let's be honest. Maybe not on paper but in reality no one outside those Super League clubs will ever win it again. TV killed it not UEFA as corrupt as they are.

Chelsea have far more European pedigree than PSG, including before Abramovich.

Chelsea won a European trophy the year PSG were fucking formed :))

Well pleased and a great result for the mighty Blues tonight.
By far the better team over the two legs,hopefully bag a second champions league trophy but will have to be at are very best to beat city in the final imo.

Why? French clubs in general have a very poor European record.

Talking of betting.
Did anyone see a replay of the incident at the end.

I had a 40 quid in play bet.
The other bets were going Ok , so stuck it on a penalty and red card at 13-1.

It appeared a Chelsea player was taken down running in on goal.
Not sure who by, if he'd been booked. If it was even a penalty or would have resulted in a red.
Not sure time on the clock.

But I wasn't chuffed.

I thought Chelsea played really well and were solid at the back , Rudiger coming back into the team has been a huge difference . They fully deserved their victory RM looked slow and lethargic in comparison.
As for City they have been exceptional this season, was never a huge fan of them ie big names big money etc but there is something different about their team approach this season and seem more of a team unit if that makes sense.
I think City will win it

This final has 0-0 or a 1 goal victory for either side written all over it, will be a pish game like the FA Cup game was a few weeks back. Chelsea are too organised with 5 defenders & 2 non creative midfielders sitting in front for anything else to happen.

You were slaughtering the Yahoos in December for exactly the same type of behaviour you're now defending these ' real ' fans.
If by slaughtering you mean "pissing myself laughing" then yeah you're right :D

And in any case, Yahoos literally rioting because they lost a few games after an unprecedented period of success is hardly the same as fans protesting about the heart and soul being ripped out of their club by shyster owners. The neds who turned up solely to cause trouble should be punished, but they were in a minority. But your unbridled hatred won't let you admit that.

This final has 0-0 or a 1 goal victory for either side written all over it, will be a pish game like the FA Cup game was a few weeks back. Chelsea are too organised with 5 defenders & 2 non creative midfielders sitting in front for anything else to happen.

City made 8 or 9 changes to their team for the game against Chelsea though (a lot of people seem to be forgetting).

City will revert back to their European Shape of playing without a Striker. They'll try and drag Chelsea out of that shape and get their joy down the flanks.

City should win (and I hope they do) but Chelsea have more than a punchers chance given how organised they are under Tuchel and the pace they have on the break with the likes of Pulisic and Werner.

City made 8 or 9 changes to their team for the game against Chelsea though (a lot of people seem to be forgetting).

City will revert back to their European Shape of playing without a Striker. They'll try and drag Chelsea out of that shape and get their joy down the flanks.

City should win (and I hope they do) but Chelsea have more than a punchers chance given how organised they are under Tuchel and the pace they have on the break with the likes of Pulisic and Werner.
Agreed. If Chelsea are to win, it will be by a single goal. If any team is going to win handsomely it will be City and I really wouldnt be surprised if they put their minds to it and run in 3 or 4 goals.

If by slaughtering you mean "pissing myself laughing" then yeah you're right :D

And in any case, Yahoos literally rioting because they lost a few games after an unprecedented period of success is hardly the same as fans protesting about the heart and soul being ripped out of their club by shyster owners. The neds who turned up solely to cause trouble should be punished, but they were in a minority. But your unbridled hatred won't let you admit that.
Well yeah, I hate Man United. No big deal. Only thing that bothers me is that the media are reluctant to condemn the thugs, and instigator in Chief, Neville is still praising everyone involved.
Souness called him and the rest of them out perfectly. The protests are all down to the fact they’re no longer top dogs. Exactly the same as the filth.
Anyway, I suppose this is going off topic so I’ll say no more on this.

Well, it was straight forward in the sense Chelsea should’ve had the game out of sighting before it was but they didn’t and with 5 minutes to go all it needed was a Madrid goal for extra time.
Alright

Back