chesterfield v rangers ticket stub for sale

WARFEY

chesterfield v rangers 1980-81 anglo scottish cup game ticket stub for sale to any collectors for sale

Was down for that game on the Partick Loyal and had 3 nil to Chesterfield in the correct score draw ( picked from a bag) and was happy enough when MacAdam missed the penalty and think I picked up a tenner winnings.:(

Was down for that game on the Partick Loyal and had 3 nil to Chesterfield in the correct score draw ( picked from a bag) and was happy enough when MacAdam missed the penalty and think I picked up a tenner winnings.:(
Every cloud and all that :)
Black day right enough, though. :oops:

Me to, as an 18 year old fck I'm getting on.

My abiding memories of that horrendous game was the pouring rain and the bears signing "mean machine" all through the game as the file had been on the night before.

At least we pumped the Earl Haigs on the Saturday when I think big Beastie RIP got a couple.

My abiding memories of that horrendous game was the pouring rain and the bears signing "mean machine" all through the game as the file had been on the night before.

At least we pumped the Earl Haigs on the Saturday when I think big Beastie RIP got a couple.

Horrific 0-3 result in Chesterfield but a terrific 3-0 win against the bheasts a few days later soon eased the pain, which I'm glad to say I was at. Think that might have been another one that wasn't televised for some reason. Could be wrong, though.

As you said, Colin McAdam got 2 that day, McDonald the third.

Went with the Hutchesontown loyal....remember a bearded John Greig applauding the support prior to us being ushered out the ground

down on the tradeston bus from the viceroy,we had to drop the money for the bus into parks garage in hamilton before we headed down the road,one of the bus commitee (no names here) thought it would be a good idea to bare his arse to rc school children, next thing we get a pull from the cops about it,aforementioned committe member then procedes to castigate the troops up the back of the bus for upsetting the children ,and a promise to the cops that he personally will make sure nothing untoward will be going down from here on in, down to blackpool around dinner time,next to f@ck all open on a wet wednesday october afternoon, set off late afternoon for chesterfield and the weather really turned bad,starting to get bad vibes about all this now, got to the ground,got in and we went 1 down very quickly,didnt improve much at all after that, thoroughly depressing, soul destroying performance from our team,and has been said ,we then proceeded to rip the mentally challengeds apart on the saturday afternoon, ah , the joys of watching the bears in the late 70s-80s

X Rangers player Phil Bonnyman scored against us if I remember right, last I saw him he was at Dunfermline in some capacity

Took the wife (no pics) to this one. She was 6 months gone with our first child. Half way through the first half, she was getting pains. So the a few of the lads helped to get her over the wall onto the track. She spent the game in the first aid room & I was put in with the chesterfield fans (mainly flat caps if I remember right) at the tunnel for the rest of the game.
All ended up ok by the way.

Went down on the ‘special’ from Central station. Marched to and from the ground by the Chesterfield polis.

I was at that game 2 days off work for that pish and train broke down on way home , apart from that it was brilliant

Horrific 0-3 result in Chesterfield but a terrific 3-0 win against the bheasts a few days later soon eased the pain, which I'm glad to say I was at. Think that might have been another one that wasn't televised for some reason. Could be wrong, though.

As you said, Colin McAdam got 2 that day, McDonald the third.

Redemption.

It was on tv. Govan Stand getting built at the time.

I was in primary 7 at the time and still remember it, it was like a death in the family. People were walking about the playground in a complete daze.
Hope it costs you money to sell it OP :p

I met a Chesterfield fan on holiday a few years ago and the bawbags face lit up when I told him I was a Rangers supporter. Same age as me so he would have been 8 when the game was played. Must be the biggest result in their history.

:(:mad:
Total humiliation and soaked to the skin into the bargain. Despite this was a European night, with plenty of British clubs playing, when we got back on the bus after the game BBC radio led their sports report with Chesterfields win.
We even missed a f.uckin penalty.

Back